Anime Art Feedback

Azaxx

Sup members from the site of blue. I have one big favour to ask from all of you that reads this. I need you to pick out every little flaw you can find in the images I provide, and I mean every one of them.

Pretty much all of the time when I ask how someone thinks of my work they usually say "awesome, fantastic, you're great at this anon", but what I actually need is something on the lines of "this, that and this is off. You need to fine up area X and the Y line. The whole thing is crap anon do it again". Though if you really can't flaw me, by all means go ahead and compliment me in every possible way you can. Keep in mind, this style isn't like normal stuff, so saying 'the eye is too big' isn't really a point since it's meant to be that way for example.

These pics below are the first of the genre that I've tried, so I'm very new to this whole thing,. which is why I want proper criticism on my work. So anyways, enough talk, here are a few, the others are in my FileShare which linked here because I don't wanna spam the thread out with pics, but feel free to comment about them here or there.

2e7M4iw.jpg

8UUtyjW.jpg

Edited by Azaxx
Edited bit I forgot, cheers Zag.
  • Like 4

The cross in the first one is a little warped looking. There seems to be a line you might have made to separate shading areas in the hair (still first one). The left sleeve could use another wrinkle or two. 

The guys face looks rather fat because of the left cheek area. 

Another problem with it is that it's way better than I could do :3

The cross in the first one is a little warped looking. There seems to be a line you might have made to separate shading areas in the hair (still first one). The left sleeve could use another wrinkle or two. 

The guys face looks rather fat because of the left cheek area. 

Another problem with it is that it's way better than I could do :3

Fixed, thanks.

You forgot shoe laces...

Bu-but what if I can't tie them up? :(

Another thing I noticed.... The dude. He has a hoodie sleeve on one arm... but not the other. :3 

If I shaded it, the hoodie would make more sense. :P

Well on the girl the left leg looks like its broken.

On the guy the little point of hair does not look as if it's part if his hair. If you could make it fade into the rest of his hair it would look better.

Which bit? The top? Because that's called an ahoge, which means foolish hair.

Correct me if I'm wrong about that

Everything I describe should be from the figure's perspective. E.G. "Left arm" is the one that is drawn on the right.

Girl: Left arm looks like a perfect tube, what with the lack of the common cloth bends and shadows. Even the fattest of arms would have those on clothing. The arm itself is also very short. Length wise, it almost equates fully to the forearm of the right arm. Left leg thigh's AT area (Zettai Ryuouki), not covered by the pantyhose, looks fat, chubby, and like it's about the explode, with the footwear having been so tight it's squeezing. Both leg's calves massive, more prominent in right leg. The way that it gets from thick to skinny as it goes down seems to not be there, so it generally looks like the cute girl has elephant trunks for legs. Cloth folds on her left, near shoulder and side of torso don't have visible shadows and as such look a bit out of place. 

Not real person, cannot date. Fix now.

(Flat chested? Not really a problem though, because the left arm is covering.)

Boy: What his this guy, Duckface McChubbylips? FIX. It doesn't look like he's opening his mouth for a yell, doing an arrogant handsome smirk, it looks like he's eating a square or that he's doing a duckface with some inflammed, broken, chubby lips that have a thousand ulcers on the inside. Jeez.

His left arm looks a bit broken due to it's anime drawing style, but it's very apparent because the body isn't very detailed, lacking shadows, etc. His right hand could look a bit bigger for emphasis. Shoes looks like Mickey Mouse's nose. Eyes lack that common anime 'glimmer' of white, and so looks a liiiiittle bit out of place and unfocused.

Everything I describe should be from the figure's perspective. E.G. "Left arm" is the one that is drawn on the right.

Girl: Left arm looks like a perfect tube, what with the lack of the common cloth bends and shadows. Even the fattest of arms would have those on clothing. The arm itself is also very short. Length wise, it almost equates fully to the forearm of the right arm. Left leg thigh's AT area (Zettai Ryuouki), not covered by the pantyhose, looks fat, chubby, and like it's about the explode, with the footwear having been so tight it's squeezing. Both leg's calves massive, more prominent in right leg. The way that it gets from thick to skinny as it goes down seems to not be there, so it generally looks like the cute girl has elephant trunks for legs. Cloth folds on her left, near shoulder and side of torso don't have visible shadows and as such look a bit out of place. 

Not real person, cannot date. Fix now.

(Flat chested? Not really a problem though, because the left arm is covering.)

Boy: What his this guy, Duckface McChubbylips? FIX. It doesn't look like he's opening his mouth for a yell, doing an arrogant handsome smirk, it looks like he's eating a square or that he's doing a duckface with some inflammed, broken, chubby lips that have a thousand ulcers on the inside. Jeez.

His left arm looks a bit broken due to it's anime drawing style, but it's very apparent because the body isn't very detailed, lacking shadows, etc. His right hand could look a bit bigger for emphasis. Shoes looks like Mickey Mouse's nose. Eyes lack that common anime 'glimmer' of white, and so looks a liiiiittle bit out of place and unfocused.

Yeah, with the lack of the bend about the region of the elbow I do see how the image portrays her left arm as short. If that bend was properly shown, the arms would look a lot more real I believe. So whoops.

Didn't notice that right leg actually, that's about the only thing I missed for her. Will go clean that up now since I can't stand looking at it, along with cleaning up shadowing and size proportions.

As for the flatchested nature, I honestly don't see a problem with that.

For the male, think you're kinda confusing teeth with lips lul, since no lips are portrayed in it, just the outline of the mouth itself.

Him in a whole was gonna be shaded to allow the depth perception able to be clarified more easy than what it is currently, but I was lazy and didn't.

As for his shoes, blame his lack of fashion for that, cause he barely has one. His glimmer isn't too known throughout the anime he's in, however I did muck it up since the tiny sparkle he does have kinda got covered in lead and I forgot about it when finalising.

On the boy, the hand that looks like a claw (the one thats in the background) looks like the thumb is dislocated. His pants have different styles on the left leg and right leg. On the viewer's right, it looks like sweatpants with elastic bottom bits, and on the viewer's left they look like regular pants. Furthermore, the viewer's left, his shoe isn't in the same perspective as his right shoes. I know it's meant to be twisted/turned, but it looks like it's rotated too far.

Define the knees a bit more for the girl methinks.

Editing.

On the boy, the hand that looks like a claw (the one thats in the background) looks like the thumb is dislocated. His pants have different styles on the left leg and right leg. On the viewer's right, it looks like sweatpants with elastic bottom bits, and on the viewer's left they look like regular pants. Furthermore, the viewer's left, his shoe isn't in the same perspective as his right shoes. I know it's meant to be twisted/turned, but it looks like it's rotated too far.

Fixing a couple of lines to edit thumb alignment. The pant lining is only on one side of the pant leggings, the lining would be on the opposite for the other leg. As for the bottom bits, my errors.

Shoes were pain since the source wasn't there for his right foot, so that had to be made up, did a terrible job at it.

The only problem I see is in the second one, the right thigh is much skinnier than the one on the left

Overall I think they both look really well, not many mistakes at all. But hey, what've we come to expect from our little blue friend?

The angle of his leg being in a twisted action changes the thickness of the leg.

Just noticed: the guy's left leg (his left) is a tiny bit longer than his right leg. I may be wrong because of depth perception, but it doesn't seem to be that far away.

Depth.

Sorry my friend, but I am a terrible critic and a horrible artist. I won't be of much help here, I'm afraid. I wish I could be of some help to you... So I apologize. :(

But from what I can notice the pictures are perfectly fine and there is nothing bad I can say about them. I looked at each one for a good 20/30 minutes or so, and I still have yet to find a single imperfection....  :clap:

But whether there is a few minor flaws, or not, either way you are very gifted and incredibly talented artist! Keep it up!  ^_^

Looked again - can't tell whether it's pinky or thumb for Rikka's left hand.

Editing, with also the slight 'bump' on the back corner of her hand which I don't like

Oh wow! These are great! By any chance do you have a DeviantART?  ^_^ 

Nope, I'm not dedicated nor active enough with drawing to bother with DA. I've been urged to do it by a friend of mine, but I don't really see the point in me specifically doing it.

Also, thanks for the replies. I've gotten enough to know what to improve on for the time being, so locking thread until I post another X amount of art for further feedback. Thanks in advanced.