UNSC Spirit of Fire making a return into the Halo Universe?

Ardent Prayer

Hello Everyone! Today I decided to post a topic on an interesting subject that I saw while reading the plot summaries of the current going Halo: Escalation Comic Series. I know Issue #3 hasn't released yet, but the future summaries for 3-5 have been shown online. Issue 5's summary caught my eye as I read:

"Side Note: This contains spoilers for those who haven't read the series yet"

Missing for thirty years, a legendary UNSC warship is discovered deep behind enemy lines. As Infinity plans a rescue mission, however, Admiral Hood’s past with the ship’s captain threatens to jeopardize the mission. The investigation into the UNSC saboteur continues as the journalist infiltrates an Elite holy land in search of answers.

HaloWars-SOF-Sunset.jpg

The Spirit of Fire, obviously.

Halo-Escalation5.jpg

Issue #5 art by Anthony Palumbo

The only thing I thought about that was valid in the Halo Universe about a return of a Legendary UNSC Warship behind enemy lines for 30 years would have to be the Spirit of Fire. Everybody remembers them...I hope. I haven't heard of any other human vessel in the franchise other than the SoF being lost for that long. Though this isn't officially confirmed, I can for sure say that in my opinion, it has to be them. This also fits due to the quote that Serina says in the ending of Halo Wars if completed on Legendary which was: Captain, wake up. Something has happened.

I think this quote fits in with the summary. I think that instead of the SoF returning in the Comic, it MAY return in future Halo Titles. What do you guys think? 

Sources: ((WARNING SPOILERS IF YOU HADN'T READ ANY OF ESCALATION))

http://halofanforlife.com/?p=12490

http://www.halopedia.org/Halo:_Escalation

Edited by Aʀᴅᴇɴᴛ Pʀᴀʏᴇʀ
  • Like 2

Everything in the description checks out. The problem is... wouldn't Serena be dead? She was a "Smart A.I" meaning she would start to die after 2537 or 2538? So there would be no room for her to say the line at the end. The only way I can think of her surviving was that there was nothing else to do or learn in 30 years, besides keeping the life support online and the cryo tubes running. I would also love SoF return, as I don't want them to be remembered as the ship that was "Lost with all hands..." 

• Like 3

Very valid point above. I'm thinking they must've stumbled behind enemy lines decades ago. Bringing the Spirit of Fire back would be something a lot of fans would like to see especially because we still have 3 Spartans left on that vessel, but it's going to take some twisting around to do. There is only one other ship with a legendary captain that has been missing for a shorter time than the Spirit of Fire and that's the Everest captain by Admiral Cole. Although not proven a fact yet, it was possible that he lived through his battle at Psi Serpentis by making a random slipspace jump. 

Bottom of the page: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Preston_Jeremiah_Cole

I think 343 could bring back the Spirit of Fire or they could just introduce a new vessel and throw us for a loop.

• Like 1

Can an AI be preserved, turned off? Questions will probably answered later on, until then, I want to look into this series. And speaking of Spirit of Fire, you think there is any chance at a Halo Wars 2? I'd be all for it.

No, AIs can't be turned off. It's part of how they die. They think themselves into rampancy because they can't not be thinking and analyzing data constantly. 

• Like 1

Very valid point above. I'm thinking they must've stumbled behind enemy lines decades ago. Bringing the Spirit of Fire back would be something a lot of fans would like to see especially because we still have 3 Spartans left on that vessel, but it's going to take some twisting around to do. There is only one other ship with a legendary captain that has been missing for a shorter time than the Spirit of Fire and that's the Everest captain by Admiral Cole. Although not proven a fact yet, it was possible that he lived through his battle at Psi Serpentis by making a random slipspace jump.

Bottom of the page: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Preston_Jeremiah_Cole

I think 343 could bring back the Spirit of Fire or they could just introduce a new vessel and throw us for a loop.

Yes, now that you bring up Admiral Preston Cole, it could be a valid point, but he was presumed dead in 2543. Only about 15 years he was gone. The Spirit of Fire was declared lost with all hands in 2531 while post- Halo 4 events are in 2558. That's approximately 28 years gone. It rounds up to 30 years. But though it can be either of them but I guess we'll find out soon. Edited by Aʀᴅᴇɴᴛ Pʀᴀʏᴇʀ

I would love to see the Spirit of Fire return to the Halo universe. The cutscenes in Halo Wars were stunning, comparable to graphics now, and there are three Spartans aboard. Not to mention, ending the game with a cliffhanger like that must mean something!

Hello Everyone! Today I decided to post a topic on an interesting subject that I saw while reading the plot summaries of the current going Halo: Escalation Comic Series. I know Issue #3 hasn't released yet, but the future summaries for 3-5 have been shown online. Issue 5's summary caught my eye as I read:

"Side Note: This contains spoilers for those who haven't read the series yet"

Missing for thirty years, a legendary UNSC warship is discovered deep behind enemy lines. As Infinity plans a rescue mission, however, Admiral Hood’s past with the ship’s captain threatens to jeopardize the mission. The investigation into the UNSC saboteur continues as the journalist infiltrates an Elite holy land in search of answers.

HaloWars-SOF-Sunset.jpg

The Spirit of Fire, obviously.

Halo-Escalation5.jpg

Issue #5 art by Anthony Palumbo

The only thing I thought about that was valid in the Halo Universe about a return of a Legendary UNSC Warship behind enemy lines for 30 years would have to be the Spirit of Fire. Everybody remembers them...I hope. I haven't heard of any other human vessel in the franchise other than the SoF being lost for that long. Though this isn't officially confirmed, I can for sure say that in my opinion, it has to be them. This also fits due to the quote that Serina says in the ending of Halo Wars if completed on Legendary which was: Captain, wake up. Something has happened.

I think this quote fits in with the summary. I think that instead of the SoF returning in the Comic, it MAY return in future Halo Titles. What do you guys think? 

Sources: ((WARNING SPOILERS IF YOU HADN'T READ ANY OF ESCALATION))

http://halofanforlife.com/?p=12490

http://www.halopedia.org/Halo:_Escalation

Although I hope it is the Spirit of Fire it also could be the UNSC Everest under the command of Admiral Preston Cole which was believed to have been destroyed but was rumored to have survived the battle of Psi Serpentis

Although I hope it is the Spirit of Fire it also could be the UNSC Everest under the command of Admiral Preston Cole which was believed to have been destroyed but was rumored to have survived the battle of Psi Serpentis

Remember Cole was presumed dead in 2543. By 2558, it would have only been 15 years. The Spirit of Fire was gone for 28.

• 2 weeks later...

I loved Serena, her sarcasm was a nice touch, but sadly she would be long gone, or reduced to simple processing power. The Spirit could be a drifting Hulk of ship, I mean in space once you speed up, if you decelerate then there is nothing to slow you down, so theoretically Serena could have plotted a final course to drift back to the inner colonies and hit the gas before decommissioning herself. If everyone is in the cryo bay they will be fine so long as the power holds. Could be a great way of bringing in "old" vehicles and weapons, such as the Cobra, into the new games. 

And to SPARTAN 117, sadly Halo wars was Ensembles last game before they shut down. So there isn't really a studio out there to make another Halo wars, no-matter how epic it could be with the new generation of consoles.