Innovative Gameplay Mechanics

Solumn Trade

Thanks, I worked really hard on this. I try to think about both the pros and cons of implementing a mechanic, and how it affects the game play, rather than try to shoehorn things in for the sake of having them in.

I realized I forgot to change my idea about the Teleport equipment. Instead of going the the hassle I may have caused, you simply use it by 'fixing' a destination by holding down the grenade throw button after selecting the equipment. To teleport to the destination you set, simply activate the equipment again by pressing the grenade button with your Equipment selected. To reset the Teleport coordinates, simply hold up on the D-pad rather than tap it. This Equipment cannot be used to carry the flag back to your base in CTF, and objective items are dropped when you use the ability, except in oddball keep-away gametypes. You can enable or disable Teleport being able to carry objective items along or not. Can only be used once, regardless.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You have some really good, thoughtful  ideas there.  I really think tho, that any of us, here from back when halo started, will never compromise the idea that traditional arena shooters are not obsolete.  All of these "rennovations" to the core gameplay, change exactly what makes the genre different.(How it plays)

I think time and resources need to be put into thoughtfully designing maps and playlists that work well, without sprinting ever being brought to question.  It's a hard question nowadays to beg of a major developer, to make a game for it's hardcore fans, rather than the other 80+% of it's margins.  Even if this fan-base had been built on over a decade of play.

• Like 1

You have some really good, thoughtful  ideas there.  I really think tho, that any of us, here from back when halo started, will never compromise the idea that traditional arena shooters are not obsolete.  All of these "rennovations" to the core gameplay, change exactly what makes the genre different.(How it plays)

I think time and resources need to be put into thoughtfully designing maps and playlists that work well, without sprinting ever being brought to question.  It's a hard question nowadays to beg of a major developer, to make a game for it's hardcore fans, rather than the other 80+% of it's margins.  Even if this fan-base had been built on over a decade of play.

Thanks for the input. And it's what I want to come back to: arena shooters. There just don't seem to be that many out there any more. I should perhaps stress that, even if 343 implements all these new features I suggested, I will NOT buy their game still if custom loadouts and abilities make a return again to the center of focus for the game. If they want to make a separate game game mode for it, fine (perhaps call it gladiator mode?). But I refuse to endure another weapon unlock system, or have 'kill streaks'. In fact, I never endured it so much as just plain left.

Right now I'm just trying to find a replacement for Halo, but there aren't any modern arena shooters out there that I can think of. If you find one, let me know.

BTW, I'd like to remind everyone that these ideas are subject to change, and if 343 DOES see this they need to not directly rip off the ideas and shove them in the game. It needs testing first, and I already have thought of changes that might be necessary. Also, I wish to have a return to a fair arena shooter and not an unfair unlockable class shooter with randomized mechanics that make the outcome of a match completely uncertain.

As an example, one time I won a Regicide match at the last minute because I got a Sniper Rifle on Complex. I was in dead last place, and when I killed the king the first time he respawned in the open field instantly, and then after every time I killed him, he would respawn instantly over and over in the same field, and then I instantly killed him again and again. Having no descoping didn't help either, because a few guys shot at me and it didn't change the circumstances one bit, except that he ended up dead too. I do not like winning like that. There's no satisfaction in it, and at the time of that match I was literally driven by the rage I had against the unfairness of the game. When I got the randomized sniper drop I snickered and said to myself "You done ____ed up now, game. Now I'm going to win because you made the mistake of feeling gracious toward me."

Anyways, rage aside, I will post changes to my ideas in fictitious 'Change Logs' as if I were releasing a 'patch' to the said 'game'. The next reply is my first so-called 'Change Log'. XD

Change Log 1:

-Wall rebound is now only performed while in 'Standard' movement mode, and not in 'Finesse' mode. Performed similar to a TF2 Scout.

-Melee attacks now have different animations depending on your position and stance relative to your enemy. For example, if you are above your enemy but are within melee range, you do a smashing kick to their head rather than awkwardly somehow hit them with the butt of your gun. This does not make the melee damage any stronger, it just looks cooler.

-Removed assassination animations, and brought back instant assassination deaths. However, with the new melee animations it will not be missed.

-Threw out custom classes, except in 'Gladiator' mode. Also the unlock system is no longer deemed necessary because weapons are placed on the map, and therefore noobs were complaining their loadout weapons no longer help them.

-Added the move 'spinning trip-kick', performed by timely pressing the melee button as you start to crouch. This will not injure your opponent, but it will trip them for a very brief period making them unable to fire very briefly. Note that you cannot trip them again while they are still getting up, but you can squeeze a double-melee in. Multiple enemies can also be knocked over at the same time. It can be avoided by jumping, rolling, or backing up out of range, and it's primary weakness is it makes you a briefly stationary target and you are unable to shoot while performing it. Combine with jumping over the target and kicking them in the back of the head for a cool 2-step any direction assassination. Takes a lot of practice, however. This can only be performed in 'Standard' movement mode, and results vary depending on the direction and speed your target is moving.

-Removed Herobrine. XD

Great post there pal. I agree with a lot of it, some I do lightly disagree with or having something different to say about it but overall nice effort with your post. ^_^

Just to reply with 1 or 2 of your topics (If I've miss-replied it's because I only just woke up), I won't go into too much detail as it's early morning, I haven't had my coffee yet. ^_^

-Having 6 grenades on you in a big no, grenades have always been in my eyes quit OP (Which is understandable), 2 grenades will be enough and always will be.

-Duel wielding I think should be in the game but it's effectiveness will still be on the borderline of effectiveness. It worked in Halo 2 and 3 because of how the mechanics worked and overall with the gameplay, especially with the maps available (Being close quarters and what not). But, as of Reach and Halo 4, it's effectiveness wouldn't be as great. Though, that could be argued against and it could actually become too OP itself. Having the ability to use duel magnums could create a new unfair way to kill someone quickly. There's a lot to be said about this topic but I won't go too much into it.

- I'm still on the fence with Armour Abilities, that's all to that statement. I will say I hope that Sprint will be disabled in Halo 5, I don't want it and it's not Halo.

Overall I agree with most of what you said, well done. Hopefully someone from 343i sees this, they have to get Halo 5 right.

Edited by ShockGazm

Great post there pal. I agree with a lot of it, some I do lightly disagree with or having something different to say about it but overall nice effort with your post. ^_^

Just to reply with 1 or 2 of your topics (If I've miss-replied it's because I only just woke up), I won't go into too much detail as it's early morning, I haven't had my coffee yet. ^_^

-Having 6 grenades on you in a big no, grenades have always been in my eyes quit OP (Which is understandable), 2 grenades will be enough and always will be.

-Duel wielding I think should be in the game but it's effectiveness will still be on the borderline of effectiveness. It worked in Halo 2 and 3 because of how the mechanics worked and overall with the gameplay, especially with the maps available (Being close quarters and what not). But, as of Reach and Halo 4, it's effectiveness wouldn't be as great. Though, that could be argued against and it could actually become too OP itself. Having the ability to use duel magnums could create a new unfair way to kill someone quickly. There's a lot to be said about this topic but I won't go too much into it.

- I'm still on the fence with Armour Abilities, that's all to that statement. I will say I hope that Sprint will be disabled in Halo 5, I don't want it and it's not Halo.

Overall I agree with most of what you said, well done. Hopefully someone from 343i sees this, they have to get Halo 5 right.

This is not meant to be offensive, I'm just trying to correct you. You probably did need that coffee. I'm going to assume that you thought I meant starting with six grenades, but that is not the case. You still only start with 2 grenades standard. Also, the maximum number of grenades that a player can carry has been 8 in Halo CE - Halo 3. However, in Halo 3 you were only allowed to carry 2 grenades of each type, and weren't allowed to carry more of one type at the expense of another, which is the issue I'm addressing. Instead of carrying 2 frag, 2 plasma, and 2 spike for instance, why can't you just carry 4 frag and 2 plasma instead? Or have all plasma? The mechanic I was suggesting was the ability to choose which grenades you want, and rather than being restricted to having only a maximum number of a certain type, you can decide to fill out your maximum carrying capacity with whatever types of grenades you wish. Also, I actually REDUCED the maximum carrying capacity of grenades to 6 because now you can choose which grenades you pick up. Also, I believe in Halo 4 the maximum carrying capacity is actually 9, 3 of each grenade type.

I do not agree that grenades were ever OP, since I never had a problem avoiding them (except in Halo 4, because the fuse is too short), even without the grenade indicator (which actually got me killed when I tried to follow it). The secret is-don't corner camp! Stay aware and ready. Grenades are supposed to be powerful, but also avoidable. When you nerf grenade damage, they become completely useless because then all they do is reveal you location and don't do enough harm to warrant throwing one, or even having grenades, in the first place. Maybe blast radius can be altered, but a grenade should ALWAYS strip shields within a yard or so of the center of the blast. Unless they are special grenades like the spike grenade that doesn't strip shields but is far easier to stick for an instant kill. This post is about being competitive and fun, not complacent and boring. I am not saying you like it that way, I'm just saying I don't want it that way. I can accept defeat by superior skills, but I won't stand losing just because my weapons won't work like they should.

Duel wielding, in my opinion, adds an additional strategic layer that quite frankly a lot of people, including myself, miss and its absence is one of the reasons we don't like Halo 4. If it was an armor ability I don't think it would be OP, especially with the new restrictions and features I suggested. Also, there's very simple counters to duel wielding, such as grenades, emp discharges, power weapons, ranged engagements, etc. I also said you CANNOT zoom while duel-wielding, therefore dueling magnums will be beaten at longer range, not to mention there's recoil that pulls your aim upwards if it's fired too rapidly. Really duel wielding is just another form of a power weapon. I will admit maybe dueling rockets might be too OP, but at the same time I did make very clear weaknesses when you do this. Not to mention there probably would not be any standard maps that come with more than one rocket launcher or like weapons.

Armor abilities are ok, just not the way they are implemented. The class selection system makes it too much like a game of rock-paper-scissors. If it were my way, I would start everyone with the duel-wield ability standard, and if you wanted something else you had to go and get it.

As for me replacing sprint with 'Finesse', it would be fine with me if neither existed, so long as Sprint was gone. However, it better not be replaced by Evasion either! One-button rolls are annoying. (which is why you have to hit the 'Finesse' button again before you start another roll.)

Just think of my post like a 'rule book' as if it were a board game. You should consider watching the Youtube channel 'Extra Credits', and more specifically their episode on 'A Case for Board Games'. They're specialty is on good video game design vs. bad video game design, and some of their members are actual video game designers, and they have interviewed other game designers as well.

Anyway, I hope this may address your concerns.  :coffee:

• Like 1

This is not meant to be offensive, I'm just trying to correct you. You probably did need that coffee. I'm going to assume that you thought I meant starting with six grenades, but that is not the case. You still only start with 2 grenades standard. Also, the maximum number of grenades that a player can carry has been 8 in Halo CE - Halo 3. However, in Halo 3 you were only allowed to carry 2 grenades of each type, and weren't allowed to carry more of one type at the expense of another, which is the issue I'm addressing. Instead of carrying 2 frag, 2 plasma, and 2 spike for instance, why can't you just carry 4 frag and 2 plasma instead? Or have all plasma? The mechanic I was suggesting was the ability to choose which grenades you want, and rather than being restricted to having only a maximum number of a certain type, you can decide to fill out your maximum carrying capacity with whatever types of grenades you wish. Also, I actually REDUCED the maximum carrying capacity of grenades to 6 because now you can choose which grenades you pick up. Also, I believe in Halo 4 the maximum carrying capacity is actually 9, 3 of each grenade type.

I do not agree that grenades were ever OP, since I never had a problem avoiding them (except in Halo 4, because the fuse is too short), even without the grenade indicator (which actually got me killed when I tried to follow it). The secret is-don't corner camp! Stay aware and ready. Grenades are supposed to be powerful, but also avoidable. When you nerf grenade damage, they become completely useless because then all they do is reveal you location and don't do enough harm to warrant throwing one, or even having grenades, in the first place. Maybe blast radius can be altered, but a grenade should ALWAYS strip shields within a yard or so of the center of the blast. Unless they are special grenades like the spike grenade that doesn't strip shields but is far easier to stick for an instant kill. This post is about being competitive and fun, not complacent and boring. I am not saying you like it that way, I'm just saying I don't want it that way. I can accept defeat by superior skills, but I won't stand losing just because my weapons won't work like they should.

Duel wielding, in my opinion, adds an additional strategic layer that quite frankly a lot of people, including myself, miss and its absence is one of the reasons we don't like Halo 4. If it was an armor ability I don't think it would be OP, especially with the new restrictions and features I suggested. Also, there's very simple counters to duel wielding, such as grenades, emp discharges, power weapons, ranged engagements, etc. I also said you CANNOT zoom while duel-wielding, therefore dueling magnums will be beaten at longer range, not to mention there's recoil that pulls your aim upwards if it's fired too rapidly. Really duel wielding is just another form of a power weapon. I will admit maybe dueling rockets might be too OP, but at the same time I did make very clear weaknesses when you do this. Not to mention there probably would not be any standard maps that come with more than one rocket launcher or like weapons.

Armor abilities are ok, just not the way they are implemented. The class selection system makes it too much like a game of rock-paper-scissors. If it were my way, I would start everyone with the duel-wield ability standard, and if you wanted something else you had to go and get it.

As for me replacing sprint with 'Finesse', it would be fine with me if neither existed, so long as Sprint was gone. However, it better not be replaced by Evasion either! One-button rolls are annoying. (which is why you have to hit the 'Finesse' button again before you start another roll.)

Just think of my post like a 'rule book' as if it were a board game. You should consider watching the Youtube channel 'Extra Credits', and more specifically their episode on 'A Case for Board Games'. They're specialty is on good video game design vs. bad video game design, and some of their members are actual video game designers, and they have interviewed other game designers as well.

Anyway, I hope this may address your concerns.  :coffee:

Ahh, now I see. Sorry, I had a feeling I would be in the wrong. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

• Like 1

Ok. From what I read, I agree with about half the things there. Not a big fan of the finesse idea, and not a big fan of some of the AA ideas. Besides some of those, I really enjoyed it how thorough you were in this post. 

Also, the grenade idea I really enjoyed. 

Anyways, I gave you a like because of the picture at the end. :3

I thought this was going to be a "What kind of game mechanic do you want in a game" type thread, thus causing me to post:

Relevant:
gallery_15182_14_58475.png

• Like 2

Ok. From what I read, I agree with about half the things there. Not a big fan of the finesse idea, and not a big fan of some of the AA ideas. Besides some of those, I really enjoyed it how thorough you were in this post. 

Also, the grenade idea I really enjoyed. 

Anyways, I gave you a like because of the picture at the end. :3

I thought this was going to be a "What kind of game mechanic do you want in a game" type thread, thus causing me to post:

Relevant:

gallery_15182_14_58475.png

Do you have specifics about what you don't like about the 'Finesse' idea? I need something for my fictitious change logs. XD

But I could do without the 'Finesse' idea, but for some reason I don't think 343 is going to get rid of Sprint without having an alternative. Also, people were defending Sprint by saying "Well in the books Spartans could...".

I just wanted a fair, canon, and cool, alternative. Plus it helps making duel-wielding rocket launchers and carrying turrets a bit more balanced, because it's interconnected with the 'Finesse' idea. I do have a slight change log though.

Change Log 2:

-Wall running is performed by holding the jump button while under the influence of 'Finesse'. If there is no wall available, you jump and flip upon release unless you disable 'Finesse', zoom in, or roll. This resets it so you don't jump when you don't want to.

-When holding the jump button to perform a wall run, your Spartan/Elite/Brute lowers their weapons in preparation to so.

-Removed Burritobrine. It was delicious.

On the sprint topic lets just put gameplay of past games to the side and put this into perspective, you're playing as highly trained super soldiers who are boarder line super human and they got shot up with a supplement that makes them even more so, with that being said, I think the basic human ability to sprint to avoid getting killed is quite practical. There is no reason why highly trained and conditioned super soldiers can't sprint, that's just not logical. Then with finesse mode, you then come off as a guy who used jumping in the old games to avoid death, and you are just seeming to reinforce your style, and take away the new style by sprinting. I agree with the D-pad statement, it is quite neglected and we could use that for many different uses allowing more Armor, Vision, and equipment selection capabilities. Now with your duel wielding statement, I agree with just bringing it back, I don't agree with wielding primary and power weapons, it will look too awkward and that will over power the primaries everyone will do it, then when you added wall running, if you combine that with finesse and duel wielding primaries and power weapons its like a perverted version of the resident evil movie of the chick doing flips and wall running stunts with duel wielding weapons, but with Spartans, its something that no one will be ready for until another 5 or 10 years from now if not ever. 

On the sprint topic lets just put gameplay of past games to the side and put this into perspective, you're playing as highly trained super soldiers who are boarder line super human and they got shot up with a supplement that makes them even more so, with that being said, I think the basic human ability to sprint to avoid getting killed is quite practical. There is no reason why highly trained and conditioned super soldiers can't sprint, that's just not logical. Then with finesse mode, you then come off as a guy who used jumping in the old games to avoid death, and you are just seeming to reinforce your style, and take away the new style by sprinting. I agree with the D-pad statement, it is quite neglected and we could use that for many different uses allowing more Armor, Vision, and equipment selection capabilities. Now with your duel wielding statement, I agree with just bringing it back, I don't agree with wielding primary and power weapons, it will look too awkward and that will over power the primaries everyone will do it, then when you added wall running, if you combine that with finesse and duel wielding primaries and power weapons its like a perverted version of the resident evil movie of the chick doing flips and wall running stunts with duel wielding weapons, but with Spartans, its something that no one will be ready for until another 5 or 10 years from now if not ever. 

'Finesse' allows you to sprint. The only major differences is you are allowed to shoot at the same time, and jumping while under its influence means you can't shoot because you are performing a flip. Also, I made very clear weakness for dueling primary weapons, some of which being that you cannot reload primaries that are dueled, and you cannot fire dueled heavy weapons while under the influence of 'Finesse', nor roll or wall run. I can understand that it may seem overpowered, but I'm confident that it can be out maneuvered. You may argue that it may seem like a perverted version of Resident Evil, but if we're going to go with comparisons Halo 4 is a perverted version of Call of Duty. People are so quick to defend Sprint by saying "well it's in the books", but now that I've suggested something that also is in the books those same people don't want it. And I think I know why that is: because it would be too 'hard' for them. Boo-hoo. IT'S A GAME. Not everyone has to like it, go play something else. I didn't like Halo 4, so I went to play something else. Why can't everyone else do the same, rather then brutally murder a well established franchise and turn it into something it's not? Halo is supposed to be a arena-style shooter. How are you supposed to improve an arena shooter? Sure you could add more guns. But you DO NOT allow people to spawn with whatever they wish, nor do you randomly hand out weapons. That turns it into a class-based shooter, which obviously the greater Halo population does not enjoy too much. So how do you improve an arena-shooter? Answer: add more moves. 

Please, if you can come up with a scenario that actually would break the game, tell me so I can tell you how to counter it. For example, if you are up against someone with duel rockets, you can:

1. Not get seen, and attack from range.

2. Run away, outmaneuver and shoot at the same time with 'Finesse', whereas the guy carrying rockets cannot fire while chasing.

3. Use an armor ability, equipment, or grenades, of which the duel rocket person cannot use while dueling.

4. Let the rocket person miss their shots, then engage because they not only have to reload, but they have to drop the other weapon first.

5. Bum rush because they cannot melee.

There are many other ways to deal with it, but generally you're pretty much at the same circumstances as facing someone carrying one rocket launcher. Arguably, it might actually be easier to fight someone dueling rockets. Also, there shouldn't be so many explosive power weapons on a map to begin with. On small maps like The Pit, there is usually only one explosive weapon, and by my rules I already stated that you cannot duel sniper weapons and certain other power weapons. The only real possibility of a duel heavy weapon combo in multiplayer would be in big team battle matches and campaign.

My post is most definitely NOT about making the game accessible: it's about making it fun and fresh again, for REAL gamers. This is also the open window to let the fishy smell out...

Edit: what I mean by a 'real' gamer is someone who takes responsibility for their purchases by investing in games that fit them, rather than attempting to force an entire franchise to cater to them. I don't care what they play, whether it is a shooter, a racing game, a simulation, or anything really. What matters is that they do not force their own opinion simply because they aren't good at it, and rather the game be redone so that it's easier for them. I can barely find a game franchise left that hasn't been dumbed down rather than expanded upon, and quite frankly, it's the fault of those who flooded the forums asking for game breaking and noobifying things that ruin the game. Then they pre-order it, then it turns out the experience wasn't as great as they thought it would be with the features they requested, then they leave, killing the game. And of coarse, the hardcore fanbase isn't happy either, having things they didn't want one bit forced down their throats for the sake of pleasing people who didn't even stay. The company doesn't really learn they made a mistake either, because they got their money from the pre-orders. Therefore, they come under the false assumption that they did a good job, when really all that happened was buyer's regret. Vote with your dollar, but remember that your opinion is not the only one that matters. Stop buying a product before it's proven itself, stop trusting the opinion of big-time reviewers whom may have gaming experiences that do not even closely match up with your gaming experiences, and try before you buy.

This guy basically has my same view: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzVLoCGDRH4

Change Log 3:

-Added recoil kick to DMR and Sniper Rifle. It pulls screen upwards as if you were firing an SMG. Sorry no more easy no-scopes, but no bloom either. Effect of the recoil is reduced when zoomed in, but you can be de-scoped.

-Increased sniper rifle fire rate. Sounds game breaking, but this is to make it more like the original Halo CE sniper rifle. The recoil kick balances this out, however.

-Added weapon theft/disarm. When you have a free slot for a weapon, and aren't wielding anything (fists only), you can attempt to steal a weapon from an enemy. Simply press right trigger to knock the weapon from their hands if you're in front or to the side of them. If you sneak up behind them you can take the weapon directly, knocking them down at the same time.

-Added new grenade types: flashbang, EMP, bouncing Betty trap.

-Added grenade knockback/kick animations (only works on certain types, specifically frag, flashbang, emp, spike, bouncing Betty). While it has been possible to knock back grenades in the past, there hasn't been an animation for it nor could you do it to a grenade on the ground. Simply face the grenade that is heading for you and press the melee button. If one falls on the ground in front of you, face it an press the melee button to kick it.

-Re-enabled Herobrine. (I was bored.) XD

• 2 weeks later...

Change Log 4:

-Added recoil kick for Halo 1 pistol. It allows it to be as overpowered as it once was, but its automatic fire now works against it. Certain pistols such as the ODST pistol have no recoil, but aren't as powerful.

-Added reduced recoil when crouching for all weapons that have a 'kick'.

Disclaimer for the video: I realize that he's against some of the mechanics in Halo, but at least Bungie still put effort into the map design and mechanics rather than rely on casual accessibility. Everybody copied Halo, even though regular soldiers shouldn't have regenerating health. This made the shield mechanic outdated, and then 343 took mechanics from those games and didn't innovate. That's why I've made this post: I want a more core experience that makes the game balanced and interesting again.

• 3 months later...

I recently stumbled across somebody who came up with a creative and easy idea to make Sprint balanced. Simply put, you can get de-Sprinted very much the same way someone gets de-scoped when shot.

All credits to RecedingHairlineMan

I know that many are for and against Sprint, and after a quick reflection realized that de-Sprinting would bring the best of both worlds. If someone tries to sprint-double-beatdown you, you can stumble them simply by shooting them, forcing their weapon to be brought upwards to fight man-to-man rather than succeed in cheap hit-and-run tactics. Additionally, with the re-implementation of de-scoping, could cause a whole new suppression mechanic where teammates de-scope the enemy in order for their teammates to Sprint and close the gap. If the entire team attempts to Sprint rush without someone to cover fire them however, they could all be shot once and suddenly be easy targets. On the other hand, people who complained that getting into the fight took too long would also be satisfied, as they would be able to Sprint there. The only difference is if they make poor move they can't escape so easy because getting shot stumbles you out of Sprint.

I think I like it, and it would even be cooler if combined with my 'Finesse' idea. I would then remove the additional melee options (like trip-kicks and flying kicks) and the Matrix wall-running bit since being 'de-Finessed' would render those mechanics pointless. Being unable to fire your weapon while in 'Finesse' would be fine too, because anyone who gets shot would be taken out of 'Finesse.' However, I would keep the roll and jump-flip rules. Rolls would also be more situationally specific to grenades and explosives since if you are shot you would be taken out of 'Finesse' and be unable to roll. But rockets nor grenades reach their destination instantly, so it would work against that.

All I can say is I LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea, so thanks for the 'de-Sprint idea RecedingHairlineMan!

Video link: 

• 3 months later...

Change Log 5:

Just a random idea I suddenly had:

-Added 'meat shield' ability when dueling an Energy Sword or a Machete and a one-handed projectile weapon. Essentially, you can stab someone and use them as a shield for a short period, guns blazing. You must be in 'Finesse' mode, Activating the ability with click the right stick. Jumping, crouching, rolling, changing direction suddenly, slowing down, or stopping drops the 'meat shield'. However, certain situations make using the 'meat shield' hazardous.

a. The 'meat shield' blocks nearly half your screen, the side blocked depends on the hand the Energy Sword or Machete is in.

b. Grenades that detonate too close directly in front of the 'meat shield' will knock the user onto their butt, with light damage. If a grenade goes off that isn't blocked by the shield, it won't knock the user over but the user will receive more damage than if the grenade was blocked. Grenades that go off directly behind will have their normal full damage.

c. Other explosive weapons may have a similar effect to the grenades, but light explosives like the Brute Shot tend to slow or stop the individual if fired directly at from the front, stripping them of their 'meat shield'.

d. Armor-piercing weapons like the Sniper Rifle or Spartan Laser will not be stopped by a 'meat shield'. Power weapons like the Rocket Launcher will still insta-kill on a direct hit. Additionally, melee weapons will strip the 'meat shield' and cause a stunning 'knock-back' effect.

e. Anyone running into an enemy with the 'meat-shield' "equipped" will cause a stunning 'knock-back' effect as well.

f. You cannot use the dueled Energy Sword or Machete while the 'meat shield' is still equipped. If you press the switch weapons button while charging forward with a 'meat shield', both the 'meat shield' AND the melee weapon sticking into it will drop to the ground!

Gee...I hope this 'change log' wasn't too grisly... o-O

I don't get it. I mean yeah congrats on having a very thought through mechanic implimentation, but we arent't HaloWaypoint, so I don't see what's with the "Changelog" posting. Not to burst your bubble or anything, but your one of like a million players out there, that thinks their idea is revolutionary or will change Halo for the better.

I am fully aware of that. Why does that matter to you? The main strength of being a sentient being is the ability to transfer information from one individual to another. If what I say doesn't get noticed, that's not my fault, it's everyone else's. But if I don't say anything, THEN IT IS MY FAULT. So there. That's why I post.

Change Log 6:

-The useless flare ball and the almost pointless radar scrambler are combined to form a far more potent Equipment. Now you can't see your opponent OR read your radar while under it's effect. Functions sort of like a long-lasting flash-bang. We'll call it the Dizzy Ball for now! XD

-Considering ways to simplify the weapon and ammo drop system. I'm open to suggestions.

• 1 month later...

Change Log 7:

-Simplified the weapon toss/drop system.

a. Pressing up on the D-pad will enable 'Toss' mode. You may continue to press up on the D-pad to cycle through tossing your currently held weapon (which is the first selection), the weapon's ammo, an Equipment, and a non-primed grenade (as in it will not explode). The non-primed grenade you toss is the grenade type you had selected before going into this mode. Toss the selected object by pressing the throw grenade button once selected. After tossing your desired object, it will reset back to throwing grenades regularly. This feature can be used to aid your teammate by throwing them ammo, weapons, or Equipment to them. It may also be used to throw away items that you might want to keep away from the enemy if you know you are about to die. Also useful for trolling, and surviving rare plasma sticks on your carried weapon.

b. Left and right D-pad cycle through your stock of grenades and Equipment.

c. Pressing down on the D-pad will enable 'Drop' mode. This functions in much the same way as 'Toss' mode, but instead of throwing the item it drops it at your feet. This feature makes it easier to exchange weapons with a teammate close by, although you may hold the action button at the same time as your teammate if you are face to face. It also is useful for bringing weapons to form a cache, and also if you want to set up a trap involving a strategic retreat. Note that the weapon will despawn after five minutes if this feature is used. Weapons will still despawn normally if regular drop events occur, such as death or weapon swap. (Pro tip: Instead of swapping for a weapon directly, drop it and then pick up the other weapon. The weapon you left there will stay longer. Unless you don't want that to happen, in which case the 'Toss' function can be used to hide it away from the enemy.)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm giving up. The Halo 5 beta game play is the last straw. I've already observed game-breaking mechanics, and noticed things missing and suspicious.

-The ADS. It IS ADS. I always thought that smart-scope in the books was an explanation for the cross-hair and the instant zoom mechanics that fill your entire vision. But 343I made it into dumb scope, which instead of helping you it actually takes away precious milliseconds that could have been spent zoomed in already. This means the guy already zoomed in and shooting is going to have a bigger advantage than ever before. I don't care how subtle the effect is, the point is that it DOES NOT help anyone.

-Thruster pack. Spartans (at least in the books/movies) are already capable of performing most of the maneuvers that the thruster pack adds to the game, and the moves that Spartans can't normally do are stupid and unbalanced; so much so I fear that people are just eventually going to stop using their weapons and just keep tackling people.

-The non-shield-recharging Sprint. Great. We've gone from people getting away too easy to being unable to escape at all. The enemy KNOWS you can't recharge your shields when you're running. OF COARSE he's going to chase you.

-I didn't see duel-wielding. Is it suddenly just not cool anymore? Well, neither is Halo I guess.

-No Elites. I don't care if the Master Chief Collection allows you to play as Elites. That is a collection of old games. Why no c in nu gamez?!?

-They say that the 'smart scope' doesn't make you more accurate. So...why iz AR no bloom then when in that mode?!?

-SMG looks like P90 with a top-mount magazine instead of a side-mounted one, at least while held. I might have let this go if duel-wielding was a thing, because it would have made more sense to reload it with a mag like that. But there is no dueling it seems, sooo...

-Where Halo 4 was too 'casual', it seems Halo 5 will be too 'hardcore', seemingly being built from the ground up as a spectator sport. That might not seem bad, but did anyone notice any 'killer cones' or things of the sort in any of the maps shown? I'm thinking all the random, hilarious physics-based shenanigans that helped give the game replay value are about to go bye-bye.

-The automated 'Weapon Incoming' announcements. Great. Now people will cluster around every power weapon BEFORE it spawns in. And everyone but one person will feel bad when they don't get it after fighting so hard. Additionally, everyone on the other team will KNOW when it is picked up, so the guy who did get it won't be able to surprise anyone.

-I didn't see vehicles either. Call me paranoid, but I'm wondering if they are about to go the route of modern military shooters and control every action you make in the campaign, dispensing of the sandbox we know and love. You might not get to decide if you want to steal an enemy vehicle. And the vehicle sections you do get will force you to use the vehicle, even if you don't want to. Without this freedom in the campaign, of coarse they might not give you that luxury in multiplayer. It sounds unbelievable, I know...but really what won't they do if they know they've got your pre-order?

In short: DO NOT PRE-ORDER. I don't care if you get it day one, but don't pre-order. There's no need to due to the advent of digital downloading, and stock won't run out. All you are doing is telling them that you don't care about what the final product looks like, you are just impatient and want it now. Therefore, they won't care what kind of product they give you. Not pre-ordering actually DOES work and forces them to release a quality product. Look at Battlefield: Hardline. When the pre-orders didn't come in, they delayed the launch because they KNEW if they released it broken, they wouldn't make any money because they hadn't made the money from the pre-orders already.

Here' a link to a video that might convince you if you aren't already:

I'm giving up. The Halo 5 beta game play is the last straw. I've already observed game-breaking mechanics, and noticed things missing and suspicious.

-The ADS. It IS ADS. I always thought that smart-scope in the books was an explanation for the cross-hair and the instant zoom mechanics that fill your entire vision. But 343I made it into dumb scope, which instead of helping you it actually takes away precious milliseconds that could have been spent zoomed in already. This means the guy already zoomed in and shooting is going to have a bigger advantage than ever before. I don't care how subtle the effect is, the point is that it DOES NOT help anyone.

-Thruster pack. Spartans (at least in the books/movies) are already capable of performing most of the maneuvers that the thruster pack adds to the game, and the moves that Spartans can't normally do are stupid and unbalanced; so much so I fear that people are just eventually going to stop using their weapons and just keep tackling people.

-The non-shield-recharging Sprint. Great. We've gone from people getting away too easy to being unable to escape at all. The enemy KNOWS you can't recharge your shields when you're running. OF COARSE he's going to chase you.

-I didn't see duel-wielding. Is it suddenly just not cool anymore? Well, neither is Halo I guess.

-No Elites. I don't care if the Master Chief Collection allows you to play as Elites. That is a collection of old games. Why no c in nu gamez?!?

-They say that the 'smart scope' doesn't make you more accurate. So...why iz AR no bloom then when in that mode?!?

-SMG looks like P90 with a top-mount magazine instead of a side-mounted one, at least while held. I might have let this go if duel-wielding was a thing, because it would have made more sense to reload it with a mag like that. But there is no dueling it seems, sooo...

-Where Halo 4 was too 'casual', it seems Halo 5 will be too 'hardcore', seemingly being built from the ground up as a spectator sport. That might not seem bad, but did anyone notice any 'killer cones' or things of the sort in any of the maps shown? I'm thinking all the random, hilarious physics-based shenanigans that helped give the game replay value are about to go bye-bye.

-The automated 'Weapon Incoming' announcements. Great. Now people will cluster around every power weapon BEFORE it spawns in. And everyone but one person will feel bad when they don't get it after fighting so hard. Additionally, everyone on the other team will KNOW when it is picked up, so the guy who did get it won't be able to surprise anyone.

-I didn't see vehicles either. Call me paranoid, but I'm wondering if they are about to go the route of modern military shooters and control every action you make in the campaign, dispensing of the sandbox we know and love. You might not get to decide if you want to steal an enemy vehicle. And the vehicle sections you do get will force you to use the vehicle, even if you don't want to. Without this freedom in the campaign, of coarse they might not give you that luxury in multiplayer. It sounds unbelievable, I know...but really what won't they do if they know they've got your pre-order?

In short: DO NOT PRE-ORDER. I don't care if you get it day one, but don't pre-order. There's no need to due to the advent of digital downloading, and stock won't run out. All you are doing is telling them that you don't care about what the final product looks like, you are just impatient and want it now. Therefore, they won't care what kind of product they give you. Not pre-ordering actually DOES work and forces them to release a quality product. Look at Battlefield: Hardline. When the pre-orders didn't come in, they delayed the launch because they KNEW if they released it broken, they wouldn't make any money because they hadn't made the money from the pre-orders already.

Here' a link to a video that might convince you if you aren't already:

Who is paying you to post all these nonsenses?How much is your wage,10 bucks?Oh come on man give me your transaction number and I will send you 20 bucks over.

Just stop doing that,it's stupid and untruth.