Titanfall Beta Access

Zaguroth

Some of you may remember last month during the Titanfall Alpha, I had made a thread similar to this detailing the various weapons and Pilot/Titan abilities that were in the Titanfall Alpha. Unfortunately I had to have that topic deleted because I went back to the E-mail I had received and it stated not to post any information on the Alpha. However, for the Beta, they are giving permission to post videos, and information. As such, I shall once again spend an hour or so typing all this stuff out for those who are curious. If I had a way to upload pictures after taking them (might try using webcam on laptop see how back they look) I would put pictures of each weapon :'(.

Please note, the following descriptions are from the game and are likely subject to be changed in the final version seeing as how this is just from a beta test. Also, I have added little things here and there, usually after a phrase that might confuse some, or at the end of a description.

PILOT WEAPONS/ABILITIES

Primary Weapons

R-101C Carbine: The R-101C is a fully automatic, compact assault weapon commonly used throughout the frontier.

Attachments:

Iron Sights: Factory issue gunsights are cheap and reliable but visibility through them can be somewhat limited.

HCOG: The Holographic Combat Optical Gunsight has an open sight picture, making it easier to acquire and track targets, particularly in the vertical. The gunsight is fixed at 1.85x magnification, and includes integrated ammunition readouts.

Holosight: The Holosight's optics are fixed at a 2.1x zoom factor. The sight picture is designed to induce a tighter visual perception, making it effective at both range and in close quarters. The Holosight is equipped with an integrated ammunition readout.

AOG: The AOG, or Advanced Optical Gunsight, is fixed at 2.4x magnification, and includes an integrated 'current magazine capacity' readout with a backup numerical display. The AOG is ideal for combat at extended range.

Extended Magazine: This mod increases the ammo capacity of the weapon, making it so that you don't have to reload as often.

Suppressor: The suppressor ensures that your enemies will not detect you on their minimaps when you fire. It also minimizes the weapon's firing noise and muzzle flash at the expense of reduced damage.

EVA-8 Shotgun: The EVA-8 is a semi-automatic shotgun, originally designed for extra-vehicular activity, both in conventional and in exo-atmospheric conditions.

Attachments:

High Capacity Drum: Read Extended Mag under R-101C Carbine (same thing just diff name)

Leadwall: This mod increases the spread of the weapon, causing it to disperse its pellets over a larger area. It is ideal for attacking targets that are bunched up near each other. (In other words the dumb AIs that can't hit the broadside of a barn)

Suppressor: Read Suppressor under R-101C Carbine.

Smart Pistol MK5: The Smart Pistol scans for hostile targets within a short range (not through walls), locking onto them automatically. Any rounds fired will then maneuver to hit the locked targets. Aiming with the iron sights allows the operator to use the pistol in manual targeting mode.

Attachments:

Enhanced Targeting: This mod accelerates the Smart Pistol's lock-on speed and increases its target acquisition range, at the expense of a smaller targeting area.

Extended Mag: Read Extended Mag under R-101C Carbine.

Suppressor: Read Suppressor under R-101C Carbine.

R-97 Compact SMG: The R-97 is a compact submachine gun that excels at close-quarters combat, due to its extremely high rate of fire and minimal recoil.

Attachments:

HCOG: Read HCOG under R-101C Carbine.

Extended Mag: You know the drill.

Scatterfire: This mod increases the R97's high rate of fire even further at the expense of accuracy.

Suppressor: You should know this by now.

Longbow-DMR Sniper: The Longbow-DMR is a semi-automatic sniper rifle. It's hyper-velocity round completely eliminates the need to lead targets (not in my experience with it), and allows the shooter to fire multiple shots quickly in succession.

Attachments:

6X Zoom Scope: This scope provides fixed, long-range magnification for engaging ver distant targets. However, your situational awareness may be compromised while it is in use, due to the high magnification (it's true.. people WILL sneak up on you when you're using it D:).

AOG: Same as the last 2 or 3 Extended Mags and Suppressor things.

4.5X Zoom Scope: This scope provides fixed, mid-range magnification for highly fluid combat situations. It provides a balance of precision and ranged situational awareness.

Extended Mag

Suppressor

Stabilizer: This mod reduces the amount of instability in the view when looking through the scope, making it easier to keep the crosshairs steady on a target.

Anti-Titan Weapons

Archer Heavy Rocket: The Archer fires a powerful homing rocket. It must be locked onto a target before it can be fired. When aimed, a targeting windows flips out, allows target acquisition. Hold this window over the target continuously until a lock is achieved, then fire.

Sidewinder: The Sidewinder is a rapid-fire micro-missile launcher. It is effective against large targets, but lacks precision due to its large spread. The micro-missiles it fires do not yield a large area effect on detonation (think that means if you wanna use it on people, you have to hit them dead on :/), due to their shaped-charge design.

Sidearms

RE-45 Autopistol: The RE-45 is a fully automatic .45 caliber pistol, sacrificing damage and accuracy at longer distances for improved effectiveness at close range.

Hammond P2011: The Hammond P2011 is a semi-automatic handgun with good accuracy and damage at range. Its integrated 'match trigger' allows it to be fired very rapidly, which is useful in close quarters.

Tactical Abilities

Cloak: Cloak makes you almost completely invisible to Titans and minions (Grunts, Spectres, and Marvins [i don't think Marvins are in the beta]). However, it is not quite as effective against Pilots (players).

Stim: Stim boosts movement speed and health regeneration for a short period of time.

Ordnance

Frag Grenade: The Frag Grenade is an all-purpose anti-personnel weapon, useful for clearing tight spaces and areas that are out of direct line-of-sight. Its delayed fuse makes it versatile in many combat situations.

Arc Grenade: Arc Grenades inflict limited damage compared to Frag Grenades, but heavily distort the vision systems of Titans and Pilots that are caught in the blast radius.

KITS

Tier 1 Kit

Enhanced Parkour Kit: The EPK allows you to wallrun and wallhang for increased periods of time.

Explosives Pack: The EP increases your Ordnance ammo capacity as a Pilot.

Power Cell: The PC accelerates the recharging of your Pilot`s Tactical Ability (see above).

Tier 2 Kit

Dome-Shield Battery: This piece of kit extends the duration of your Titan`s Dome-Shield after Titanfall. (Dome-Shield basically prevents spawn killing of Titans)

Minion Detector: The MD displays both friendly and enemy Grunts and Spectres on your minimap at all times.

Warpfall Transmitter: The Warpfall Transmitter accelerates your Titanfall substantially, using short-range jump technology. (Wasn't in the alpha o_o)

Pilot Costumes: Not an option you can choose when you edit loadouts, but the costume of your Pilot will change depending on which weapons you are using. CQC weapons will give you thicker looking chest armor, an open helmet and more padding. The Carbine gives you armor that isn't as bulky looking, a closed helmet and more plates instead of padding. The Longbow-DMR will give you a sort of guile suit type of look. Each of the different costumes has an alternate look for the other faction. Just in case there are any wondering, yes there are female version, and they are rather slimmer.

Ok now onto the Titan stuff! (unlike when I played the Alpha, I actually have unlocked the loadouts XD)

TITAN WEAPONS/ABILITIES

Chassis

Atm, since this is just the beta, there is only the one Chassis, which is the Atlas. I will still put the short description.

Atlas: The Atlas is a multi-role chassis with a balance of durability and agility.

Core Ability: Damage Core: Boosts weapon damage when active. (Only lasts like.. 10 seconds or so. So use it wisely.)

Primary Weapons

40MM Cannon: The factory issue 40mm Cannon is a semi-automatic weapon that fires a high-explosive round with good accuracy.

Attachments:

Burst Fire: This mod allows you to fire three-round bursts. However, your magazine will deplete faster as a result. (according to the damage table thing, your damage is also decreased)

Extended Mag: Haven't seen you for a bit!

Quad Rocket: The factory issue Quad Rocket launcher fires four rockets at once in its primary firing mode. In alternate fire mode (aiming), it fires slow moving swirls of rockets that are effective at temporarily denying territory to the enemy.

Attachments:

Extended Mag: HELLO AGAIN!

Rapid Fire: This mod converts the weapon to a semi-automatic rocket launcher with a high rate of fire. The ammo feed modifications caused by this mod will restrict your fire to one missile per trigger pull.

Tactical Ability

Vortex Shield: The Vortex Shield captures incoming projectiles, and projects them back at enemies upon release. (you're rubber they're glue XD)

Electric Smoke: The Electric Smoke system deploys a dense, electrically charged smoke cloud that damages enemy Titans and Pilots. It can be used in many ways - one of the most common is to kill enemy Pilots who are attempting to 'rodeo' your Titan. (Note, rodeo means they hope on the back and shoot at some power cell or something to kill you rather fast.)

Ordnance

Rocket Salvo: This Titan ordnance pod rapidly fires a swarm of unguided rockets. It is ideal for wiping out clustered targets (once again the dumb AIs), and is useful in situations calling for direct, manually aimed fire.

Slaved Warheads: This Titan ordnance pod requires a lock-on before you can fire. When you fire, a barrage of homing missiles will launch three at a time, towards your locked target.

Tier 1 Kit

Nuclear Ejection: After you eject, your Titan briefly charges and then detonates its nuclear core, dealing massive amounts of damage to all nearby enemies. (has quite a decent range too)

Regen Booster: Your Titan is able to regenerate its bodyshield at a faster rate than normal.

Fast Autoloader: This advanced autoload mechanism replenishes your Titan Ordnance faster, making your Titan's Ordnance available more frequently.

Tier 2 Kit

Auto-Eject: The Auto-Eject system automatically ejects you as soon as your Titan is doomed (doomed means when you have run out of health in the Titan). You will also cloak briefly on ejection, whether or not you have the cloak ability as a Pilot. (please note that manual Titan ejection does not cloak you)

Survivor: Your Titan will lose health at a slower rate when doomed, allowing you to fight longer before having to abandon the Titan.

Ok so that's the descriptions (with my input here and there) of the Pilot and Titan weapons and abilities. Now, there is something brand new in the Beta that I had never heard of before. What I am talking about is called "Burn Cards". What these Burn Cards do is.. Once you unlock them (think I got them unlocked at rank 8 or something, you'll get a special notification) you can choose to equip one, and eventually have a total of 3. How they work is, when you die in a match, you will be given the option to use one (since they are called Burn Cards, it is safe to assume using one will destroy it). I have a few that I can put the descriptions of, and if I get any more as I play, I will edit this post to include them.

BURN CARDS

Decisive Action: 40 seconds off Build Time or Titan Core Charge.

Rematch: Respawn where you died. (kind of a bad idea imo)

Super Charger: Your Titan has a pre-charged Titan Core ability.

Prosthetic Legs: Faster Pilot movement speed. (assume that includes wall running and jumping)

Amped MAG Launcher: Replace Anti-Titan Weapon with a high-capacity, automatic Mag Launcher.

Amped Sidewinder: Replace Anti-Titan Weapon with a double ammo capacity Sidewinder.

Amped Kraber: Replace Primary Weapon with a Kraber-AP Sniper that fires explosive rounds.

Amped RE-45: Replace Sidearm Weapon with a more lethal RE-45 Auto-Pistol.

Shock Rocks: Replace Ordnance weapon with infinite, magnetic Arc Grenades. (sounds fun!)

Amped P2011: Replace Sidearm Weapon with a burst fire Hammond P2011

Aural Implant: Replace Pilot Tactical Ability with longer lasting Active Radar Pulse

Most Wanted List: Scoring hits on Pilots earns extra XP and reduces Build Time (Titan)

Pull Rank: 80 seconds off Build Time or Titan Core Charge.

Amped DMR: Replace Primary Weapon with a sonar scope Longbow-DMR Sniper.

Now, there are also Challenges (kinda obvious what they are huh?) as well. They range from kills with weapons. Killing AIs with weapons. Killing Pilots with weapons. Playing matches, winning matches, being the MVP in matches, dropping in a Titan. Playing for a certain number of hours either as Pilot, Titan or total, and wallhanging (there are plenty more but don't wanna put them :P).

There is a personal stats part which will tell you various things from.. Kills in Titans, Titan kills, Pilot kills, Kills as a Pilot, most used weapon, most efficient weapon, game modes played and everything else you might expect to find in a personal stats section..

Now.. That's pretty much everything as far as I can tell. I'll try to take some pictures and see how they look, if they look decent, I'll edit this post and put them on here. If not.. Uhm.. You're going to have to look at videos >.<

Speaking of videos, if you want to watch some gameplay of the Beta version of Titanfall, Screech posted a thread with various videos which can be found here ----> http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/33459-lots-of-titanfall-beta-footage/?do=findComment&comment=300497

Now, I guess for the end of this, I should put my thoughts on the game shouldn't I.. Well, so far I've played 12 matches of the Beta, gotten to Rank 10.. So ranking up doesn't take very long early on. Pilot Loadouts are unlocked at 5, which is nice, should take no more than 4-6 games depending on how well you play to get to that point. Titan loadouts are rank 10, also nice cause it's rather early on (of course that might change for the final product). The gamplay seems to be rather fluid to me. You can be killed, spawn somewhere and quickly get back into the action, I have yet to spawn in front of an enemy or behind an enemy so that is saying something good (unless you like spawn killing.. then I dislike you >:[ big meany).

As I play more I'll edit this post with opinions and such. As well as if I notice something or think of something you readers might like to hear about. Speaking of which.. When you call in your Titan, depeding on how you approach it, whether from the side, above, behind, or the front, there are different entrance animations. If you approach from the top, you will climb in through a hatch on the top. The side, the Titan will reach out, you grab it's uhm.. Finger I guess, and it moves you into the cockpit. From the back, it will grab you as you run through it's legs, and push you into the cockpit. The front is that you usually just jump into it :/.

Ok, all that being said, I think it's time I went to bed ._.

Edit: Total Mayh3m came up with the title.. Don't blame me o_O

Eh.. Took some pics with webcam just to show the different costumes.. They aren't the best but.. Meh.. I tried..

Male Sniper

post-11871-0-79067300-1392368819.jpg

Male Carbine

post-11871-0-47118300-1392368821.jpg

Male CQC

post-11871-0-49205000-1392368823.jpg

Female Sniper

post-11871-0-94132000-1392368824.jpg

Female Carbine

post-11871-0-43271000-1392368826.jpg

Female CQC

post-11871-0-08659200-1392368828.jpg

Atlas Titan

post-11871-0-14941600-1392368831.jpg

Another Edit! Forgot to mention the different game modes they have available >.< Stupid me..

Ok I've only played one so far which is called Attrition, it's your basic Team Deathmatch style game mode. You kill players (pilots) and minions (grunts and specters) to get a number of points. When the match is starting, you'll start off in a dropship along with some teammates and a robot (it doesn't leave). The Interstellar Manufacturing Corporation (IMC) has a robot that is all armored and padded up that sees you off. The Militia on the other hand, has.. Let's say a forcibly handed down robot with no armor, no padding and a smiley face on it's torso that sees you off. When the game is over it enters the "Epilogue" in which the losing team has to retreat to an extraction point (no respawns for either team during this) and await a dropship. The winning team, has to try to prevent the losers from reaching the dropship, or failing that, destroy the dropship before it can leave (it's rather hard to destroy).

Hardpoint is one of the other 2 game modes available in the Beta Test. What it is.. It's basically like.. I guess it's like territories in Halo (haven't played that really so can't say for certain). You go to points on the map, capture them, hold them, earn points from holding them. The more points your team has, the faster your points go up blah blah blah.. Same thing as Attrition with the Epilogue.

Last Titan Standing.. Now that's exactly what you might think it is. Everyone (except the AIs) spawn in Titans. You get one life per round, but if your Titan gets destroyed you can eject and still help destroy the enemy Titans. Once all Titans on one team have been destroyed, the round ends. There are as many rounds as it takes one team to get to 4 victories so.. up to 7 methinks...

OK, I think THAT is all I can tell you about the Beta. Watch for Gryffin because once he gets his code for PC he will be recording gameplay if you want to see that. You could also go to Screech's thread that has some gameplay videos which you can find somewhere above this in this post.

Edited by Zaguroth
  • Like 5

Thanks for sharing Zag! Man, this makes me even more excited for TitanFall!

P.S. Love the name of this topic

I didn't name it that.. RSR changed it on me.. It was Zagccess..

If I may ask Zag

What do you think of Titanfall now you have played it ? :)

I think the same thing of Titanfall as I did when I played the Alpha test. I think it is awesome. I love the gameplay, love the graphics, love how smoothly the games go. The wallrunning is a lot of fun to do. Hopping onto the back of a Titan and shooting it's power cells or whatever you want to call it is probably the most awesome way to get a kill. That or a Titan execution, in which you run up to a "Doomed" Titan (look in original post for what "doomed" means) in your own Titan and melee it. Doing that, your Titan punches the cockpit area, grabs the Pilot and tosses him around 40+ feet through the air.