Forge Planet

Flippant Sol

Forge Planet on Halo 5?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Is it possible with the technologies of the Xbox One to render an entire dwarf planet?

• Abso-****ing-lutely! 100% Chance
    • No doubt in my mind. 90% Chance
    • Definitely. 80% Chance
    • Most likely. 70% Chance
    • Most unlikely. 30% Chance
    • Indefinitely. 20% Chance
    • Let's be real for one second. 10% Chance
    • Unfrigginbelievable! 0% Chance

Forge Planet- just two words that keep ringing in my ears. The desert, the shore, the jungle, the caves, the meadows, the forerunner architecture, the tundra, the volcano, the mountain, the islands, the human colonies, the ocean, the crash-landed covenant ship... It is the most beautiful place in the universe, all thanks to the Cloud, Only possible on Xbox One.

Forge Planet on Halo 5? Is it possible with 8 GB RAM, 32 MB esRAM, 500 GB of storage, Blu-Ray discs, DirectX Tiled Resources and the power of the Cloud? You decide!

Perhaps a small planetoid or a moon with an atmosphere like Titan or Endor would be possible, since travel would be easier on a smaller celestial body. If it were an earth sized planet, that is unfeasible even with 8GB of RAM and a cloud server. Plus, it would take a long time to construct such a planet and test it for glitches. Maybe it would be possible for Halo 6, but not for Halo 5.

Having an entire planet for a canvas seems like it would be a bit much. Rather than having it all on one big planet, I'd like to have three or four maps with different biomes. This would make testing each one much easier, accessing particular areas faster, and would eliminate any severe lag problems if done correctly.