Guys On Halo

Melody

I'm writing this topic simply because I don't think it's fair for girls to have to deal with some jerks who want to "act cool" around their friends. For example, I can't even play Spartan Ops with out being betrayed, or constantly being followed. It just frustrates me how guys act like that. I should probably clarify, it's not just Halo, sometimes on Call of Duty too. I know not every guy is rude online but just the fact that you run into 2 or 3 everyday is disappointing.   :( 

12 year-olds don't count as guys, they're merely kids. Mute them and you'll be safe from their auditory assault on Call of Duty.

Play with friends on Spartan Ops, or ask members around here if they want to play. We don't bite! :P

• Like 2

Yeah, like maestro said, we have a great community here. I know personally, I've yet to play online with a member of this forum who does the things you described.

That being said, the kind of guys you're talking about are guys who have very little relationship success and have a tainted view of the opposite sex. They're pathetic to say the least.

My advice, report them and move on.

I've seen and played with girls who are fine around other guys. Easiest advice is play with friends.

The guys who make fun of the girl tend to have one thing in common - the ideology that they can never be friends with a girl on the internet. How this ideology got into them can vary, but in the end it's just they way they are. You pick what you do next.

I've yet to play online with a member of this forum who does the things you described.

*whistles*

I'm not sure what I can recommend to help with this situation. There are a lot of stupid people in the online gaming world, it's something that can't be dealt with or stopped and can really only be ignored. I could go on a long rant about the different types of people that ruin this world, but as I said, regardless of how much we hate it and want it to disappear, we can't change it. The only thing I can suggest is to find the option to continuously mute people online (I believe it's on the Xbox Dashboard), or just play with people from here! I did experience stupid people joining the party I was in with some 343i members, acting like complete tools but that should rarely happen. Just finding some nice and fun people from here, which I'm sure there a quite a few and also try getting to know people on here so you can always find someone to play with is the way to go. As for playing alone, I can't really help there. I mean girls being harassed online and what not, has always been a thing since the release of the Xbox 360 back in 2006 I believe. It's really sad and pathetic and I feel for those who deal with this all the time. Playing with people and being in party chat is probably the best plan of action, since you're playing with people who won't annoy you and of course you'll be having fun playing with people who won't ruin your online experience. And, of course if you don't want to play online, there a some great games out there with an amazing story and campaign. 

If it does get to the point where you have had enough, you could just set your Spartan Armour to Male, take out the mic and basically don't give any hint that you are female. Or as BeckoningZebra said up there, just ask in the Shoutbox if anyone is interested in playing Spartan Ops, i'm sure that someone will be more then happy to help.  

Look...I'm a woman. I've been playing on XBL (and Halo) since Halo 2 and I've seen my share of bull that people can dish out. The trick is to mute, ignore and move on. There are jerks EVERYWHERE. Guys have to put up with them too, not just girls. It just seems that way because frankly, there are less of us women than there are of the guys. You have to realize that most of who you're coming into contact with are immature boys who haven't mastered the art of being adult around ANYBODY, let alone a woman. I don't answer them when they taunt, I don't retaliate when they seek me out to assassinate, betray, teabag, etc. I just ignore them. I also don't make it a point to announce that I'm a woman, either. Some women/girls online I've seen make it point to shout things like "ha ha, you just got killed by a girl!" then go off to complain that the guys are jerks and singling them out. Just play and let your skill speak for itself. Gender doesn't matter when you're holding a weapon. If their behavior is really that bad, you can file a complaint. Otherwise, just ignore it and move on. For all the jerks out there, there are more decent people online.

• Like 5

Don't talk in a game lobby regardless of your gender. If your lucky you run into somebody that's generally nice, but sadly most of the time it's people playing crappy music or everytime you say something they respond like complete idiots.

My advice, Play with friends and start a XBL party chat with them.

Also I'd be glad to help you with Spartan Ops (if I have the time) just send me a message. Haven't played it in a While!

Edited by Unease P34nut
  • Like 1

I'm writing this topic simply because I don't think it's fair for girls to have to deal with some jerks who want to "act cool" around their friends. For example, I can't even play Spartan Ops with out being betrayed, or constantly being followed. It just frustrates me how guys act like that. I should probably clarify, it's not just Halo, sometimes on Call of Duty too. I know not every guy is rude online but just the fact that you run into 2 or 3 everyday is disappointing.   :( 

yea i agree with legend

guys have to deal with all the stupid people too 

i cant even tell you how many ppl ive listened to on COD in Search that honestly made me feel like my IQ was dropping

O and when they intentionally betray you  try and coax them into doing it again and again then you can just boot them from the lobby :P

it is a problem we all have because people think they are funny to start trolling or start being real jerks and start betraying you or trolling you but we just have to deal with 80% of the internet which is mostly filled with kids in COD and halo but dont take any of it in cos i never do i just listen to music and block out everything and in the end win the game even if i have terrible team mates that just want to troll and be a pest in game

I am old and my mother raised me properly. If you need a companion for Spartan-Ops or whatever feel free to message me.

same except im not old but im not like all them 10 year olds so if you need people then me and froggy are free :)

Yeah, its just children. Because if your good whether your a guy or gal, on Halo or Call of Duty you'll be called a hacker or tryhard. If your bad you'll be called a noob. Theres no disscriminasion there.

Most of these kids are just shocked to play with or against a girl because half of them think video games are for boys only, and that girls don't even like games anyways. And the other half still has the playground mindset "boys are better than girls". They are jerks.

If it means anything, I for one never thought like them, or did or said anything rude to a female player. I even tried to stop it from happening on a few occasions. And I to think its terrible that some men do this too.

So on behalf of all boys, men, and idiots everywhere (Because I am all three) I would like to formally apologize. I am sorry for anything my fellow brethren put you and any other girl through.

I understand your situation, not fully, as I am a male, but I've seen my fair share of jerks like this who like to make fun of people, honestly, attacking them back makes you just as guilty. My advice is ignore them, or simply ask them to stop, usually, harassers will stop if you ask them to, kindly I might add. There are the small percentage who won't, and they are the scum of the internet, so simply ignore them. I'm not saying ditch online all together, try to find people online who are kind and respectful, and add those people, when you have enough, play with them. Trust me when I say, 75% of guys aren't like this online usually, and 99.9% of the guys on this forum are as respectful to girls as they are to other guys, I saw like one incident once so that's the .1%. Anyways, just ignore the pestering jerks, or seek help from a friend.

Added note: Don't proclaim you are a girl like said above, it's fine to speak, but don't say stuff like, "Oh, you just killed a girl are you happy?" THAT is a trigger for guys to begin annoying you, just play like normal, and there's less of a chance of something like this happening.

• Like 1

Added note: Don't proclaim you are a girl like said above, it's fine to speak, but don't say stuff like, "Oh, you just killed a girl are you happy?" THAT is a trigger for guys to begin annoying you, just play like normal, and there's less of a chance of something like this happening.

yea listen to this part  if they dont know you are a girl they wont harass you as much xD it will probabbly cut how much you are harassed by about anywhere from 45-70%  just depends cause some guys just do it for the hell of it regardless whether you are male or female they just feel the need to troll

yea listen to this part  if they dont know you are a girl they wont harass you as much xD it will probabbly cut how much you are harassed by about anywhere from 45-70%  just depends cause some guys just do it for the hell of it regardless whether you are male or female they just feel the need to troll

I don't really have anything that really points towards that, maybe it's just my gamertag they notice.

I don't think it is really "fair" is a female has to conceal the fact that she is a female just to dodge some punk kids. I can tell you, though, that 99.9% of the time if a guy is harassing you in any such way, it is because he probably has some attraction to you..Which may sound weird, but given most of the guys (boys) who do this are younger and grew up in the era boom of technology so they only feel comfortable approaching women through some sort of intermediate source. Anyways, enough of my blabbing, you need to find some good friends to play with and leave it at that, fact is, women will never be help to an equal standard as long as these kids are playing the game.

• Like 1

99.9% of the time if a guy is harassing you in any such way, it is because he probably has some attraction to you.

This guy is correct about what he says, except it probably doesn't apply to the kids who haven't even gotten to the age where they stopped seeing the other gender as beneath them, and begin to harbor feelings for their other gender.

This guy is correct about what he says, except it probably doesn't apply to the kids who haven't even gotten to the age where they stopped seeing the other gender as beneath them, and begin to harbor feelings for their other gender.

Exactly. Or the the trolls, that do it just for the sake of being a troll. Either way, kids are cruel, and men are jerks.  (Not all men are jerks, I know, I'm speaking solely about those within the 99.9% range that troll online.)