Trade in your PS3 and get $100 off the Xbox One

Adam91

w3CFKY5.jpg

Microsoft is offering $100 of store credit towards purchases of the Xbox One at their Microsoft stores for anyone who trades in their PS3. Neogaf user "oxidax" made a post on the forum saying he got the advert in his emails.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=98953025#post98953025

There is a list of terms and conditions that comes with the promotion

0ad6C49.png

The promotion is valid until February 28th, the offer is only at Microsoft stores in the US and Canada and it is not valid online. The console must be fully functional with out broken or missing components or have any damage to it and it must not be password protected. You must also purchase the Xbox One at the time of the trade in.

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 2

Ouch. That was a huge burn on Sony's side. Though I gotta admit, even as a Sony fan and PS4 owner, they put out a few potshots at MS and the Xbox One during the summer, so... Yeah, there's payback guys. Now let's all get along and create a console that can do anything you want it to.

Your move, Sony.

The numbers below show that Sony doesn't have to counter.

Clever clever. Interesting move by MS, I am curious as to why they want these products by Sony.

Here are some figures provided by VGChartz with some numbers to digest.

As of the end of 2013, Microsoft stated that they had sold over 3 million Xbox One units. Playstation released figures showing they had sold over 4.2 million units by the end of 2013. (Keep these figures in mind)

As of January 18, 2014, VGChartz shows Microsoft global sales of Xbox One at ~3.275 million units. The same chart shows Playstation 4 global sales at ~4.741 million units. Now that brings Xbox One sales to ~275,000 units in 18 days. In the same timeframe, Playstation 4 sales increased ~541,000 units, nearly TWICE as many units than it's competition. The PS3 was only behind Xbox One Global sales in a week by ~5,800 units.

There's more...

Global software. The PS3 outsold Xbox 360 software sales in a week by 263,713 units while PS4 outsold Xbox One software sales by 2,413 units.

US Software Pre-orders. In the Top 30 alone, Xbox One had 724,114 units of software pre-ordered, PS3 had 765,391 units pre-ordered and the PS4 had 859,712 units pre-ordered. The PS3 alone had more software pre-orders than Xbox One software.

All information was gathered at http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41658/Global/ and http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/.

*As a side note... as of January 18, 2014, VGChartz shows Halo Xbox One only had 46,523 units pre-ordered in the US.

**Side-side note. I am personally still able to purchase the "Day One Edition" Xbox One at several local retailers.

• Like 1

^

I hate facts, I prefer my ignorance bubble called fiction. Is there an opinion hidden within the coating of these facts there or are you just trying to say Sony is the clearly better?

I doubt anyone would want to pre-order Halo xbox one/5 when not hearing anything about the game itself.

I might, if they friggin decided to sell the Xbone not just in a limited number of countries. As it stands, PS4 is everywhere, and I've seen 2 Xbones which were imported not by Microsoft themselves.

Stats mean next to nothing if the PS4 has a regional advantage.

Doubt this will really change anything, a part of me thinks it comes down to which company can you trust more (Yeah, I know right but I trust Sony over M$). For this generation of next gen consoles I think Sony have won the battle regardless, not an Xbox One hater or anything, just observing what people and so on are saying and it appears as Sony have struck the lead. That's just me. But, I do think this is a clever idea to sell some more Xbox One's. That console was way over priced to begin with.