Why Xbox SUCKS!

BrandNewClassic

Please read until end!

A while back (roughly 2 years), Xbox decided to take a FLOWER on me... again... and I had enough with Microsoft's FLOWERS.

So, the reason I'm writing this is because last night, I was playing BO2 Zombies Survival on Town with 3 of my buddies and it was round 32 (PS3). Long story short, I wasted 4 hours of my life doing pretty much nothing because COD BO2 servers said, "Ehh FLOWER you", and lagged us all out (like they always do. Am I wrong?). Anyways, not only did the rounds not count towards leaderboards, but nothing at all counted. Kills, rank, headshots... nothing.

So, I said to my buddies, "FLOWER this game I had enough". And it made me think of how Xbox had screwed me over.

First off, there's so many reasons that Xbox sucks that I literally would feel bad for making you read all of them. It would take way too long! so I'll get down to the end, when I finally decided I had enough.

It happened in one day. I turn on the console (my Xbox 360) and the boot screen is taking forever. After about 5-10 minutes, it finally goes to Xbox home. I start up Halo Reach, go to forge, and boom... no maps anywhere. I'm saying "WTF is going on", and realize, that the Xbox 360's Hard drive has been corrupted! YAY!!!!! So all my maps I've forged, months upon months of work...gone!

Another incident after that was Halo Anniversary. I'm playing with my good friend through the whole campaign on Legendary. And on the last level, my hard drive corrupts again! I figure, ah no big deal, but boy was I wrong. When we both completed the last level, guess what! No achievements for Legendary completion. YAY!!!!! That's when I called Xbox customer support.

Long story short, I wondered if i could get my hard drive fixed/replaced free... NOPE.

They wanted ME to pay for their faulty hardware! (which was about $50-$60 dollars). YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!! I lost ALL my game saves, for example, Burnout paradise... I had to re-download, and restart... and they want me to pay for that! Pssh.

So that's when I switched over to PS3, and guess what? I've had not 1 itty bitty problem with it. Thank you Sony!

Let me know what you think, and if you read this whole thing, Thanks!

P.S. The woman I talked to on Xbox customer supported actually stated, "Oh yeah, Our hard drives break all the time, just buy a new one"! To which, no joke, i asked, "How much is a PS3"? lol

Edited by RedStarRocket91
Removed inappropriate language.

Yes yes yes.. Xbox support would state that their products are faulty.. Yup.. Mhm.. Alright.. I've had my Xbox slim for 2-4 years, not so much as a single problem.. I've spilled drinks on it, dropped it, kinda thrown it.. still works perfectly.. No harddrive problems.. No nothing.. Never has problems reading discs..

So clearly, their products are faulty ._.

Edit: Also, if this happened 2 years ago, why the hell did you sign up here? Why have you made posts saying you'd still be buying Microsoft products? Unless of course you just felt like you'd try to turn some people away from Microsoft..

Edited by Zaguroth
  • Like 2

Yes yes yes.. Xbox support would state that their products are faulty.. Yup.. Mhm.. Alright.. I've had my Xbox slim for 2-4 years, not so much as a single problem.. I've spilled drinks on it, dropped it, kinda thrown it.. still works perfectly.. No harddrive problems.. No nothing.. Never has problems reading discs..

So clearly, their products are faulty ._.

Edit: Also, if this happened 2 years ago, why the hell did you sign up here? Why have you made posts saying you'd still be buying Microsoft products? Unless of course you just felt like you'd try to turn some people away from Microsoft..

Hey man, you go ahead and interpret my topic how you want, but don't start putting words in my mouth now. you flower! go flower yourself.

I'm not putting words into your mouth, unless you mistakenly put PS3 in brackets when you meant to put Xbox 360. You said you had thought back to how Xbox had supposedly screwed you over.

Your words not mine, if you mixed them up then, I guess I will take back my "if this happened 2 years ago" thing.

I'm not putting words into your mouth, unless you mistakenly put PS3 in brackets when you meant to put Xbox 360. You said you had thought back to how Xbox had supposedly screwed you over.

Your words not mine, if you mixed them up then, I guess I will take back my "if this happened 2 years ago" thing.

dam good comeback. you said I mixed up ps3 and xbox 360 in the brackets! man you're original. no wonder why you love MS

I have to say that the X-Slim is pretty good. Improved on the First version by a hell of a lot. All launch consoles (PS4, XBone, 360, PS3) All had problems that would come around a good amount. That's why they made the X-Slim and the PS3 Slim. Better versions....Not going to lie that both companies just want your money....

It's unfortunate that your 360 hard drive got corrupted, so you moved onto Sony. That's fine, to each their own. But, is there really a need to claim that you're superior for preaching "Sony master race" and bash other members for not having any issues with their Xboxes? And furthermore, if you don't like Microsoft, then why is your profile picture one of their most iconic characters?

• Like 1

I have to say that the X-Slim is pretty good. Improved on the First version by a hell of a lot. All launch consoles (PS4, XBone, 360, PS3) All had problems that would come around a good amount. That's why they made the X-Slim and the PS3 Slim. Better versions....Not going to lie that both companies just want your money....

Well yeah, ALL companies want money... it's why they're a company... but anyways, at least Sony puts effort into their products and can build a machine that their actually proud to sell. On the other hand,Microsoft says "here, I have a couple rocks. throw that in there" <---That was an exaggeration people... don't go bananas on me. But it's so true. You really can truly tell who makes better longer-lasting products. 

Now, I've had 2 Xbox 360's, and two Xbox slims. Not because i love Xbox soooo much, but because they were all faulty machines.

RROD occurred for both 360's, then the first day I got an Xbox slim, it had a red dot, and did not work at all. you all know what happened to my last slim so yeah.

Either Microsoft's Xbox's really are half @ss made, or i got dealt real bad hands. I highly think it's the first one though.

And like i said, my ps3 slim is going strong for 2 years now. My friend Chris has had a PS3 fat day 1, still going strong... except for some overheating issues... but still works perfectly fine. Also EVERYONE I KNOW has had terminating issues with their Xbox. 

Are you starting to see something here? Noticing any patterns?

And furthermore, if you don't like Microsoft, then why is your profile picture one of their most iconic characters?

there is so much wrong with that statement.

I can understand your frustration, believe me, I owned THREE Xbox 360s in the past, and currently own two Xboxs, a PS3, PS4, PC, and Wii. I know how difficult a platform can be some times. Three of my 360s went red ring on me, but each platform comes with it's own glitches, it is inevitable! Just because your Xbox broke doesn't mean that all of them are doing this, it's not strictly MS' fault, rather, just some bad luck. If you owned a white version, upgrade to the newer version of the 360, or, if you have the money, buy an X1. If not, Im sorry you've had a bad experience with them. I understand what you're going to, but complaining to MS and more importantly a 343i Community (You did read community before you joined right?) Isn't going to help in any way, shape, or form.

• Like 1

Well, I'm like the others; baffled to why you're complaining about the console when you claimed this happened two years ago, but I will go on.

The original Xbox 360's were poorly made, this was addressed by Microsoft and they were replaced soon after by a more reliable version of the console. This isn't to say that the console was perfect though, it took a few 'generations' of the Xbox 360 to have a fully reliable one. The Xbox One styled Xbox 360 is obviously the best version of the console since it has no problems with it, same with the Xbox 360 Slim. However, I have an Xbox 360 Pro console which I bought 5 years ago, and I haven't had a problem with it at all. Though I did by the Xbox 360 Slim because I wanted integrated WiFi, but I still have the Pro console as a backup console.

Your complaints about the lag with Blops 2 is not a problem with the console in no way whatsoever. That problem lies with the Blops 2 servers and your own internet connection. No relation is there with the connection of the internet and the console not running the game fully itself.

With the corruptions of the harddrive, you've just been unlucky. Not too many people get full harddrive corruptions. Sure they may lose data, or some parts will go missing,. but data loss to that extreme is highly rare. Continue to play on a faulty harddrive instead of paying for a new one is no one's fault but you own. As harsh as that sounds, Microsoft don't have to repair every hardware there is, you buy the console with assumed knowledge that there is a risk of failure just like everything else in life, continuing to play on a faulty piece of hardware comes down to your responsibility only.

As for your comments to everyone who's replied here, I suggest you take a damn hard look at what you're saying and have a long think before you post the content you have been.

• Like 4

Well, I'm like the others; baffled to why you're complaining about the console when you claimed this happened two years ago, but I will go on.

The original Xbox 360's were poorly made, this was addressed by Microsoft and they were replaced soon after by a more reliable version of the console. This isn't to say that the console was perfect though, it took a few 'generations' of the Xbox 360 to have a fully reliable one. The Xbox One styled Xbox 360 is obviously the best version of the console since it has no problems with it, same with the Xbox 360 Slim. However, I have an Xbox 360 Pro console which I bought 5 years ago, and I haven't had a problem with it at all. Though I did by the Xbox 360 Slim because I wanted integrated WiFi, but I still have the Pro console as a backup console.

Your complaints about the lag with Blops 2 is not a problem with the console in no way whatsoever. That problem lies with the Blops 2 servers and your own internet connection. No relation is there with the connection of the internet and the console not running the game fully itself.

With the corruptions of the harddrive, you've just been unlucky. Not too many people get full harddrive corruptions. Sure they may lose data, or some parts will go missing,. but data loss to that extreme is highly rare. Continue to play on a faulty harddrive instead of paying for a new one is no one's fault but you own. As harsh as that sounds, Microsoft don't have to repair every hardware there is, you buy the console with assumed knowledge that there is a risk of failure just like everything else in life, continuing to play on a faulty piece of hardware comes down to your responsibility only.

As for your comments to everyone who's replied here, I suggest you take a damn hard look at what you're saying and have a long think before you post the content you have been.

Never did i say that COD BO2 was the system's fault, and any ways, if you took a "damn hard look at what you're saying", you'd realize i wasn't even playing on Xbox when that happened you derp. And what you said with me being unlucky... yeah, go ask anyone else if they've never had problems with their 360's. I'm surprised you're a moderator... who the heck runs this site anyways?

P.S. why is everyone asking, "why are you bringing this up if it happened 2 years ago"? Hmmm maybe you missed the second paragraph stating "So, the reason I'm writing this is because..."

My problem isn't that you contradict yourself, but from a console war standpoint it seems like your saying that both sony and Microsoft are dumb and bad. Which is kinda weird.

Personally, my xbox 360 slim and 2006 PS3 both work fine. Take care of your stuff rather than blame Microsoft, Sony or whoever else. They did not make a console for you to destroy.

• Like 4

you can't really say all 360's are crap I got a slim in 2010 and it works fine my friend has an arcade and it still runs fine so like the others have said its just your bad luck or maybe you didn't buy it from an official retailer.

and you sign up to a Halo based community which guess what it's only on Xbox so if your so obsessed with PS then go onto a Playstation game forum instead of coming here and thinking that what everyone else say is wrong and you're the only person that is right well I'm glad I never ran into you on Xbox Live.

1: Chill out dude/dudette (which ever the case may be)

2: Azaxx was referring to the constant insults you have been throwing out to people who have replied in a sensible manor. You really need to step back and take look at who you are insulting. These are people who understand your issue but already know that the cause of the problem is not something anybody can fix.

3: Millions of people have had issues like this. You are not unique. Stop thinking you are.

4: Consider buying a console like buying a new hard drive for a PC. You never really know when it will go out. Could be a month from purchase or it could be 10 years. It is a crap shoot.

There is only so much people can do to prevent such an even from happening. Microsoft figured out problems with their original release of the 360 and did their best to fix them. Unfortunately, as I have been stressing, the problem isn't really solvable with the technology available at that time. Even with current generations of technology this problem hasn't been solved.

Honestly my suggestion is grow a spine and suck it up. Crap happens that you cant fix. Enjoy the product while you have it and when it gives out get a new product, if you can afford one. Remember these are luxury items. Heck when I was young I was lucky to see an Atari in the neighborhood let alone one in my house. Consider your self lucky you, or your parents, can afford the system in the first place.

• Like 5

Solution -  Get a PS4.

Both consoles are amazing regardless, can't say I've had many issues with my Xbox 360 either, other than the menu being a little slow but that's it. I wouldn't throw the Xbox under the bus, as I've had a lot of fun-filled memories on it and it was the dominant console of its time. Now, I believe Sony have dominated the console wars for next gen, if you're sick of Microsoft and your Xbox issues, get or save up for a PS4 and get your friends to also buy a PS4. Why you think complaining about this to us will do anything I'll never know, nothing will fix the issues you are experiencing by posting about it.

• Like 1

Instead of debating why you think Playstation is the superior console in a sensible manner, you take out your frustration with Microsoft out on members who had no part in the construction of your faulty Xboxes? Ah, I see. You're a troll.

nothing_to_see_here.jpg

• Like 2

1: Chill out dude/dudette (which ever the case may be)

2: Azaxx was referring to the constant insults you have been throwing out to people who have replied in a sensible manor. You really need to step back and take look at who you are insulting. These are people who understand your issue but already know that the cause of the problem is not something anybody can fix.

3: Millions of people have had issues like this. You are not unique. Stop thinking you are.

4: Consider buying a console like buying a new hard drive for a PC. You never really know when it will go out. Could be a month from purchase or it could be 10 years. It is a crap shoot.

There is only so much people can do to prevent such an even from happening. Microsoft figured out problems with their original release of the 360 and did their best to fix them. Unfortunately, as I have been stressing, the problem isn't really solvable with the technology available at that time. Even with current generations of technology this problem hasn't been solved.

Honestly my suggestion is grow a spine and suck it up. Crap happens that you cant fix. Enjoy the product while you have it and when it gives out get a new product, if you can afford one. Remember these are luxury items. Heck when I was young I was lucky to see an Atari in the neighborhood let alone one in my house. Consider your self lucky you, or your parents, can afford the system in the first place.

This is true beauty. Also Azaxx's post too. 

Dude, you do know this is a 343 industries forum right. Hmmm, what's that, no you don't. Well then just stop posting rubbish on the forum about your bad experiences with your Xboxes in the past. Also go to a PS forum (preferably a Killzone forum) if you're going to talk rubbish about Microsoft and Xbox. You my friend are a troll, and if anyone is reading this. I highly recommend no-one else replies to this dude cause he's an idiot :). Also I understand you don't like Xbox. Fair enough, I understand you like Playstation. Fair enough. But what I don't understand is that you're slagging Xbox off into the ground and being an all round jerk about Microsoft. Cause that my friend is unacceptable. You aren't even expressing an opinion any more. You're just being a pathetic extremist little kid. And if a mod is reading this he deserves to be banned :D!

I'm not even going to bother with this... I'd just be wasting my time, as everyone else has already countered all of your points. I always thought you were a cool guy, until you bash the console that almost everybody on here plays, on a forum that has nothing to do with Microsoft! Can a moderator kindly lock this topic please?

I'm not even going to bother with this... I'd just be wasting my time, as everyone else has already countered all of your points. I always thought you were a cool guy, until you bash the console that almost everybody on here plays, on a forum that has nothing to do with Microsoft! Can a moderator kindly lock this topic please?

1.uh well you're wasting your time bothering with this topic you derp.

2.no one yet has countered any of my points,

and 3. you're an xbot that hates on smart people filled with common sense.

so wtf are you doing here?

And don't try to scare me with that moderator bull crap. I hope they're smart enough to realize how dumb you truly are.

Then again, I have encountered with some pretty dumb moderators on here...

Oh, and I thought you were pretty cool too... then I realized what a complete (5 letter "i" word) you are

1.uh well you're wasting your time bothering with this topic you derp.

2.no one yet has countered any of my points,

and 3. you're an xbot that hates on smart people filled with common sense.

so wtf are you doing here?

And don't try to scare me with that moderator bull crap. I hope they're smart enough to realize how dumb you truly are.

Then again, I have encountered with some pretty dumb moderators on here...

Oh, and I thought you were pretty cool too... then I realized what a complete (5 letter "i" word) you are

I thought we were discussing the Xbox - and I am happy to continue this discussion - but apparently it has turned into talking about moderator bullcrap and deserving to be banned.

I am disappoint. 

Back on topic: MIcrosoft's Xbox's are NOT badly made. Mine still lasts to this day, even after my complete idiocy ended up with me smashing it against the side, and also kicking and breaking the disc tray. (Surprisingly, fixed that by kicking it the other way.) Same with PS3's, considering my fat one still works like a dream.

The only thing I dislike is the controller, and even that is surprising - my original controller's thumbsticks only wore and tore after over a year of using it consistently, and the stick itself is made of material that is basically crap and began breaking due to friction on day one. But then again, all controllers are like that, and for that matter, thank goodness I won't get Dual shock 4's because those break quick.

Mine still lasts to this day, even after my complete idiocy ended up with me smashing it against the side, and also kicking and breaking the disc tray. (Surprisingly, fixed that by kicking it the other way.) 

That...is hilarious. And convenient.

Anyway, OP, all your points have in fact been countered many times over, and you have not made a single post that was not hostile in nature. I'm sure you have the intelligence to immediately make all your subsequent posts more intelligent.

Right?

Also, all things break with time. What happened to your Xbox has just as much chance of happening to any other console given the same amount of time.