[Rumor] Halo 2 Anniversary.

Adam91

Halo2.jpg

A rumor has risen that Halo 2 anniversary edition is set to come out this year according to neogaf member "ntkrnl", a newly mod verified source. Now rumors for a Halo 2 anniversary have come up before but neogaf is known to be reliable as it is a very exclusive site and holds a heavy verification process to all members and posts, any posts that are unreliable results in the member getting banned pretty quickly, it is also a site that many game devs post on. Ntkrnl has went through the verification process and he has been allowed to continue posting after the Halo 2 anniversary post. 

Here is what he said 

"What has me excited right now is the revisiting of Halo. So later this year we're gonna get Halo 2 Anniversary edition WITH ALL SORTS OF ****. On Xbox One. November 11th!

Halo 2 Anniversary Edition
-
Halo 5 beta access
Halo real time show... think Forward Unto Dawn (not the Spielberg stuff)
Someone told me there was going to be an alternative f*cking ending. "

Not only does he speak about Halo 2 anniversary he also mentions that it will come with access to a Halo 5 beta and will see another live action series similar to forward unto dawn.

What is also interesting is that we had recent tweets from Major Nelson that seemed to be a little suspicious talking about how he's fascinated by bee's. This led many people to speculate that another I Love Bee's ARG was coming thus leaving many people to believe he was teasing at Halo 2 Anniversary.

What was even more interesting is that 405th Infantry Division (the company that made the viral campaigns for Halo 4) tweeted "HALT - MODULE CORE HEMORRHAGE - Truth?" two day's after Major Nelsons tweet. That is a direct quote from ilovebees.com.

So could this rumor hold some value this time around? Either way it should still be taken with a grain of salt.

Other Reports

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 7

I am stoked for Halo 2 Anniversary. Don't get me wrong, (If it does reveal) but the thing that sinks my heart a bit is that it may only be for Xbox One which pisses me off. I understand the whole moving to Next-Gen stuff but that only began half a year ago and there are still Xbox 360 players out there who are HUGE Halo fans and can't afford Xbox Ones. If 343 does only release on Xbox One, it will cause a lot of anger to current-gen players/ Halo Fans and a possible backlash. So if 343i is smart and listens to their fans, they should release it to the Xbox 360 too. Sending only to Next Generation is totally unfair to a bunch of players.

• Like 1

I feel like this is seriously real, if so, I'm honestly stoked. I might buy an Xbox One just for this (and Forza of course!). Seriously though, I loved Halo 2, but it was so difficult without someone to assist in campaign and I didn't get to experience MP. If I did, Im sure my rating of the game would raise monstrously, and I'd be fine with H5 in 2015, honestly, if Halo 2 Anniversary has Multi-player it could last around Halo: Reach's lifespan. Let's just hope most of the work goes into Halo 5, I don't want another Halo 4 launch Frankie. You got one more shot, don't lose me here!

Superb article Adam :thumbsup:

By the Way, remember this?!?!?!

dualneedlers.jpg

Edited by Edward Kenway
  • Like 2

I feel like this is seriously real, if so, I'm honestly stoked. I might buy an Xbox One just for this (and Forza of course!). Seriously though, I loved Halo 2, but it was so difficult without someone to assist in campaign and I didn't get to experience MP. If I did, Im sure my rating of the game would raise monstrously, and I'd be fine with H5 in 2015, honestly, if Halo 2 Anniversary has Multi-player it could last around Halo: Reach's lifespan. Let's just hope most of the work goes into Halo 5, I don't want another Halo 4 launch Frankie. You got one more shot, don't lose me here!

Superb article Adam :thumbsup:

You never got to experience Halo 2's multiplayer? Wow. You really missed out on some fine times. Hopefully when H2A releases, they'll keep the same feelings for multiplayer like it did back in 2004. Just great.

• Like 1

Halo 2 Anniversary I hope it happens and comes to 360 cos otherwise 343i won't be seeing me until Halo is about to go to the equivalent of Halo Reach time period like the 360 also I recently got the actual Halo 2 and I love it I think I might get nightmares from the last Master Chief mission :/ where its all black and the flood bio mass... seeing that in next-gen I'd probably go missing and be on the news and stuff

• Like 2

Man I really, really, really want this game :)! I loved it, it was my favourite Halo. I especially loved the feature of being able to play as The Arbiter himself :D. Also Galen I hope it does come to next gen. It would give it a much better atmosphere, graphics and gameplay mechanics. But I also hope it stays on last gen consoles cause that would keep the tradition alive, if you know what I mean. It would pretty much be a criminal offense not to release it on Xbox 360, considering it's where the original was played :).

I'm stoked about Halo 2 anniversary no doubt, but... A Halo 5 MP BETA! I actually think that's the best news if its true. A beta is probably one of the best things that 343 could possibly do. Works out all those annoying kinks that could set a game back for months right from the get go. Fingers crossed, wishing upon a star, picking up a four leafed clover for this to be true!   :thumbup:

• Like 2

If this game coms out it better have the full online halo 2 online, not just a map pack for halo 4 and some halo 2 game types. Also is would be awesome if this game came out on xbox 360 as well cause xbox ones are expensive and im probably not going to pay 500$ just to play one game.

This really does seem like it's going to happen! Crossing my fingers hoping they'll keep its multiplayer independent from Halo 4... Using Reach's multiplayer for CE: Anniversary was that games major downfall, in my opinion.

• Like 1

I am sure they will have a Halo 2 anniversary out soon even if they didn't at first I am sure they have seen the want for it.

Like said above I don't want them doing both at the same time they need to focus on Halo 5. If they need to push the release date back a year and give us Halo 2 this year that is fine.

Nice find by the way.

• Like 1

For an alternate ending I'd maybe like to see Master Chiefs story in Halo: Uprising. When I first played Halo 3 I had thought back to Halo 2 and said to myself "Wait, wasn't he on a ship at the end of the last game, instead of a chunk of metal?" One of the only things that disappointed me about Halo 2 was the way it ended.

I'm not convinced that it will happen. They haven't confirmed it yet, and I don't think it's in their best interest to develop remakes when they're focusing on making Halo 5 a damn great game. They've already suffered time-constraints, and games like this could make this even worse. I don't think it's a good idea. But if it does happen, and Halo 5 turns out to be a great game as well, then HUGE props to 343industries. But I'd rather make 1 great new game rather than an unfinished new game that will disappoint, and a remake of the same game we've already played.

I'm sure this has been confirmed. I seriously can't wait to play Halo 2 again, I enjoyed that games campaign more than any Halo game out now and I love all the Halo campaigns. ^_^ If they have 4 player Co-op I will cry with joy and re-enact that scene from titanic... just sing and hold my copy of Halo 2 at the end of the ship. #Manly

Not likely to happen ever.  the only reason Halo CEA was a mild success, was due to the secondary engine running the new layer of graphics or "updated' graphic version of Halo 1.  that being said, Microsoft as a whole knew that bringing true halo 1 style MM into it would severely damage the already fragmented halo fanbase.  If Halo 2 got an Anniversary edition, it would be nothing more than what we had with Halo CEA; new graphics but H4 or H5 MM incorporated.  Releasing a title like Halo 2 again without it's unique separate MM experience would be pointless.  As I stated before, we have a perfectly good Halo 2 copy for PC that allows users to create better graphics and levels than it had when EOL hit.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

If they include the original sword/rocket flying bug, and the melee canceling bug, or at least give the option to turn on these bugs for those who want to use them in matches, than I'm totally on board.  I think it's a must.  Halo 2 MP was too damn fun (when you didn't run into modded xbox users that is)

We "moded xbox" users is the exact reason Halo 2 lasted so long on the xbox. I cant even begin to count the numerous contributions or quality of add-on that we gave everyone in this community. Far be it from me to pat myself or the old crew from Halomods on the back, but in truth, the quality we produced in mods and extentions is far greater than anything Bungie or Certain Affinity could have ever produced.

We "moded xbox" users is the exact reason Halo 2 lasted so long on the xbox. I cant even begin to count the numerous contributions or quality of add-on that we gave everyone in this community. Far be it from me to pat myself or the old crew from Halomods on the back, but in truth, the quality we produced in mods and extentions is far greater than anything Bungie or Certain Affinity could have ever produced.

But there is a difference though between modders who help the community and modders who cheat for self gain.

• Like 2