Gears of War new "Cash-In Game"

AnimeAddict

1185617801.jpg

Hey guys as most of you have probably read on the news page Microsoft has bought the rights for Gears of War and "tasked" Black Tusk with creating games for it.  While I am not happy about this I want to know your guys opinion on it.  Do you believe that Microsoft is going to pull a Capcom and start having them put out "Cash-In Games?" (Cash-In Game is a term that I use to describe games that were put out on the game market for the sole fact that the company knew that the franchise name alone would guarantee sales ex: Call of Duty or in other words the company do not have to put in any effort to make the game replayable or a "good game"  in the sense that the majority of players would call it well made or basically some title that the company can CASH IN on.)

so my question to you guys 

Do you believe that Microsoft is going to turn Gears of War into a Cash-In Game?

[ ] Yes

[ ] No

Eh I would be saying yes and no. Of course MS wants more exclusives to sell their console but I also believe MS doesn't want another Judgement. Hard to say really but the short answer is yes(although that isn't a bad thing)

If we consider "cash-in" games by your definition, then all games are cash-in games. The way I see it, a company needs to make money. a Company needs to pay it's employees, who all have families of their own. I don't see anything wrong with them making Gears of War a flagship money-maker for the Xbox, if it's done right, who cares? Halo was a flagship game for the Xbox, and it was good, so no one complained. In short, yeah it is, but as said by Bnus, it isn't in a bad way.

• Like 2

If we consider "cash-in" games by your definition, then all games are cash-in games. The way I see it, a company needs to make money. a Company needs to pay it's employees, who all have families of their own. I don't see anything wrong with them making Gears of War a flagship money-maker for the Xbox, if it's done right, who cares? Halo was a flagship game for the Xbox, and it was good, so no one complained. In short, yeah it is, but as said by Bnus, it isn't in a bad way.

thats not what mine means my defintion i consider it as a game where the company doesnt put the neccessary time into it like call of duty they release one every year that is almost the same but with minimal changes that is a cash in game because it doesnt have any replay value at all and even the mutiplayer is mediocre at best

If that's the way you are going to think about this Gears of War going to Black Tusk thing. Just think about the fact that Microsoft gave the rights to Halo to a relatively brand new company at that time... So.. If you want to think that the next Gears of War game is being made just for the sake of being a "cash-in game" like the Call of Duty franchise seems to be, just think about what Halo must be now.

Now, in my honest opinion, being one who loves the Gears of War series, including Judgement. I'm really happy that the games are going to be continued to be made. I don't really care who makes them, as long as the story is interesting, graphics are on par with previous games, and gameplay is still rather smooth, I really think it will turn out great.

So, to answer the question, no I don't think it's going to turn into a "cash-in game"

I just hope they don't make the same mistakes they made with GOW: judgement. 

And aren't all games in the end meant to make money for the companies?

yes that is true but still that isnt exactly what i meant if they put the work and make a truely great game that has replay value good graphics and everything a game should have in it then of course its not a cash in game but if they only do enough work to make the game and not make it something that will be remembered  or put effort into making (call of duty) then why should we give them our money especially $60 worth for a game that should be priced more at bout 20-40?