Neil Blomkamp to direct pilot of the Halo TV series?

Adam91

halotv.jpg

According to CVG Neil Blomkamp may be directing the pilot episode of the Halo TV series, the series was announced at the Xbox One reveal last year and Steven Spielberg will be in partnership with it. Neil Blomkamp created live action shorts "Landfall" to promote Halo 3 and he was set to direct a Halo movie but was later canceled. 

This was originally reported on Latino Review, no official public announcement has confirmed this but they stated the news came from trusted sources. 

"You know who is directing the Halo pilot?"

"According to trusted sources, I’m hearing none other than NEIL BLOMKAMP!"

What do you think of this news? If reports are accurate would you like to see Neil Blomkamp direct the pilot and then go on to direct the whole series?

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 5

What I'm hoping is that they get really tall and muscular actors for Spartans and Marines. In FuD, I was disappointed by the scrawny people who played both, the Spartans were barely what they were made out to be in the games and the books.
If they achieve that, I reckon it'll do well since that's a small detail and not the big picture which they'd be focusing on.

• Like 1

What I'm hoping is that they get really tall and muscular actors for Spartans and Marines. In FuD, I was disappointed by the scrawny people who played both, the Spartans were barely what they were made out to be in the games and the books.

If they achieve that, I reckon it'll do well since that's a small detail and not the big picture which they'd be focusing on.

Agreed. They should really focus on the actual Halo lore and canon. The Spartan-IIs had extreme exercise and augmentations so it would only make sense to see them all big and muscular. Same goes for the marines. If you are going to be a Space Marine fighting against the Covenant, you got to be much bigger than that.

There shouldn't be any love because it would completely go against what the Spartans are actually meant to be-emotionless hard core soldiers. There are some hints of relationships sparking up in the books, but that's more of a family sort of relationship and love. The closest they get to showing it, is the Spartan "Smile" on another Spartan's faceplate.

• 3 weeks later...

I am REALLY looking forward to this. It sounds very promising, I've always wanted a Halo movie, but looks like we're getting more than that; A TV series! By the way, is it a long-running series or just a mini-series?

I'm sure it's meant to be continuous full length episodes. I feel like it will start slowly and begin to build it's way up to the stunning action and drama. As long as it follows story, I'm good with it. :)