Xbox 360 Elite Over heating for you?

Pbrabbit

My original Xbox 360 Pro overheated back in the summer of 09... I got it three weeks before Halo 3, and bought it for Halo 3. And then after playing it for year(s) offline (I never got Xbox Live until late 2008) it started having issues. Once I discovered Halo 3 on Xbox live however... Lets just say it was the worst thing to happen to poor mister Xbox 360... He passed away from overheating. But we revived him and kept him alive on Life support until his demise in November 22nd 2010... Then my mom spotted me some cash from her tax returns in Christmas of 2010 and I bought my "New" Xbox 360 (Slim model). She's a beauty, and has zero issues. I put her through her paces often, and use her almost non-stop since then... And she's still goin strong. 

^_^

• Like 1

My original Xbox 360 Pro overheated back in the summer of 09... I got it three weeks before Halo 3, and bought it for Halo 3. And then after playing it for year(s) offline (I never got Xbox Live until late 2008) it started having issues. Once I discovered Halo 3 on Xbox live however... Lets just say it was the worst thing to happen to poor mister Xbox 360... He passed away from overheating. But we revived him and kept him alive on Life support until his demise in November 22nd 2010... Then my mom spotted me some cash from her tax returns in Christmas of 2010 and I bought my "New" Xbox 360 (Slim model). She's a beauty, and has zero issues. I put her through her paces often, and use her almost non-stop since then... And she's still goin strong. 

^_^

I had the same bundle for the very same reasons. I bought an intercooler to keep it regulated and cooled down. 

Mine finally passed away in 2011, but thankfully I had a german replacement 360 Elite that we got on clearance.

Right before we found out that we wee moving back to the USA, we knew that I couldnt' take it back... however we fond a guy selling his brand new Xbox 360 slim for about $100 below store bought price. Couldn't turn it down. It was in perfect condition, packaging was still great, and it had only been used once. Pretty much a perfectly new console. I still have it and it works great!

But to answer the OP question, I never had my ELITE 360 overheat on me. I would suggest buying an intercooler so you can keep it cooled off on the inside. I highly recommend it.

• Like 2