PREPOSITION FOR A NEW MEMBER STATUS

Snipe MD

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want "Community Greeters" to be a New Member Status

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure...

Hello people of 343 forum. my name is SNIP3m101 and I am the founder of "101 Productions 2014". you may have seen my content on youtube, but if you have not, visit my page.

Moving right along, this post may not be quite right for this column, but I'll put it here otherwise. about a week ago, I had visited "HaloKittyGirl"'s profile page and looked at her posts. I observed that she hung mostly around the "Introductions/Goodbyes" tab, and was quite welcoming to all the new members coming in, and I even commented on it. Because of this, I propose the creation of a new member color status: Community Greeters.

Here is how it will work. The greeters will have the great job of meeting all the other new members that come onto the forums, and they lead them around the site and show them what's what. Despite having such a daunting responsibility, the Community Greeters will have some luxuries that are exclusive to them, such as the ability to use the shout-box immediately, as well as posts in the "Introductions/Goodbyes" tab to count towards there overall post count.

If this works, It will save the moderators the time of touring around the new members and help them focus on making the website a better place for all. post your votes and we will see if the administrators agree with us. Thank you for the consideration!

Sincerely,

SNIP3m101 and the members of 101 productions 2014

• Like 1

Its a nice Idea, but not needed. There are a lot of people that enjoy welcoming people, and the  more people that greet them the more comfortable they feel. Not just the Greeting staff. If you really wanted to do something like that you could change your title to greeting staff once you're dedicated. But a new staff position is unnecessary.

that sounds awsome. it would be perfict for me and alot of other members. it would keep me out of trouble as well this sounds amazing i love the idea. if it happens this would be amazning. i realy want this alot.

I'm not trying to be snappy or rude, but I have to ask, How would getting a new color keep you out of trouble?

• Like 1

not the colout part the access to the shout box and abilty to get post count in intrudictions would keep me from posting in old threads and posting alot of useless things. i would be able use the shout box which would keep me away from posting things when im bord

I can assure you that members who constantly break rules won't be rewarded with a staff position to "keep them out of trouble." If anything that member would get banned.

• Like 1

not the colout part the access to the shout box and abilty to get post count in intrudictions would keep me from posting in old threads and posting alot of useless things. i would be able use the shout box which would keep me away from posting things when im bord

And that's why it's such a good idea, younger individuals need responsibilities to get a better understanding of the world around them, and this is the perfect way to do so. It's not as complicated as News Group, and it's not as tedious & time-consuming as Arts Department, you of all people should be able to see this.

• Like 1

And that's why it's such a good idea, younger individuals need responsibilities to get a better understanding of the world around them, and this is the perfect way to do so. It's not as complicated as News Group, and it's not as tedious & time-consuming as Arts Department, you of all people should be able to see this.

i compleatly agree. but it will never happen because pple just want to be rude. it sucks that no1 wants to help me but u

And besides, look at how into the forum people are. HKG has been here no longer than 3 weeks and she almost has made more posts than I have made in 11 months. 

And besides, look at how into the forum people are. HKG has been here no longer than 3 weeks and she almost has made more posts than I have made in 11 months. 

ya um i used the forums to much i got in trouble. but having access to the shout box and geting post counts in greetings would keep me away from posting useless things and one word posts. im all for it but i dont think others are because people dont want me here anyway/ well u do. but somepeople want me to get into trouble so i cant use the site.

ya um i used the forums to much i got in trouble. but having access to the shout box and geting post counts in greetings would keep me away from posting useless things and one word posts. im all for it but i dont think others are because people dont want me here anyway/ well u do. but somepeople want me to get into trouble so i cant use the site.

In regards to the content you post, try to limit yourself so that only the best of the best of your posts are posted. Say you find something in the forge section of the forum, and you think it's cool. Instead of typing just "cool", say "That's awesome!" and then write a couple of things you like about the map. Simply put, avoid one-word posts like the plague. This applies to everywhere in the forum, even Offbeats.

Consider condensing a bunch of your offbeat threads into one thread and call it "The HKG Thread" or "HKG's Random Thoughts", although your "How Many Spartans" thread seems to be doing well.

The reason why the Offbeat and Greeting sections do not count towards your post count is to prevent people from grinding easily to the ranks of Trusted and Dedicated members. The staff is encouraging members to write posts with more thought put into them than typing "Hi *member* welcome to the forum" 500 times, or that people don't play a lot of forum games and become dedicated. This makes it so that real dedication is displayed from each dedicated member, or even trusted members.

If the last post was from over two months ago in a thread, in any section of the forum, don't post there. Even posting a month after the last post is a bit risky.

Basically, you don't need a staff position to keep you out of trouble, as Yoshi stated. Don't ever think that no one wants you here, we welcome all members except trolls and spambots trying to sell prescription medicine. You just need to exercise some self-control.

• Like 3

In regards to the content you post, try to limit yourself so that only the best of the best of your posts are posted. Say you find something in the forge section of the forum, and you think it's cool. Instead of typing just "cool", say "That's awesome!" and then write a couple of things you like about the map. Simply put, avoid one-word posts like the plague. This applies to everywhere in the forum, even Offbeats.

Consider condensing a bunch of your offbeat threads into one thread and call it "The HKG Thread" or "HKG's Random Thoughts", although your "How Many Spartans" thread seems to be doing well.

The reason why the Offbeat and Greeting sections do not count towards your post count is to prevent people from grinding easily to the ranks of Trusted and Dedicated members. The staff is encouraging members to write posts with more thought put into them than typing "Hi *member* welcome to the forum" 500 times, or that people don't play a lot of forum games and become dedicated. This makes it so that real dedication is displayed from each dedicated member, or even trusted members.

If the last post was from over two months ago in a thread, in any section of the forum, don't post there. Even posting a month after the last post is a bit risky.

Basically, you don't need a staff position to keep you out of trouble, as Yoshi stated. Don't ever think that no one wants you here, we welcome all members except trolls and spambots trying to sell prescription medicine. You just need to exercise some self-control.

that is the most helpful thing anyone has ever sayd to me... ur r u a god?? cause ur abosulty amazing. i love the idea of my own thread. ur amazing thank u so much

• Like 1

that is the most helpful thing anyone has ever sayd to me... ur r u a god?? cause ur abosulty amazing. i love the idea of my own thread. ur amazing thank u so much

Oh stop, you're making me blush. All similarities between religious figures and I are purely coincidental. :P

• Like 1