Xbox One to Offer 60fps Streaming and Games for the NFL!

VinWarrior

For those interested in the NFL titles, the Xbox One has some interesting enhancements soon releasing.

If you're familiar with NeuLion, a streaming company working with Microsoft, you have heard that they have a multi-year contract with them to bring NFL content to the Xbox One. The content includes DLC, statistics, and TV channels geared around sports to be delivered at 60fps (Frames Per Second). The console is capable of such feats as it has a suitable video card for the situation.

post-26953-0-73271200-1390513225.jpg

Chris Wagner, the company's executive VP had this to say:

“One of NeuLion’s core strengths is our ability to get our partners to market fast with an integrated experience, Our sports platform has helped to reduce the complexities involved and deliver for Xbox fans a tremendous live sports experience on the game console.”

The 60fps update has not yet been released, but the app is available, though it will require Xbox Live Gold and the free existing NFL app.

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 4

First off I think the white Xbox One looks so much better than black. That is my opinion. :D

Secondly, I'm not much of a sports guy unless the Seahawks are going to the super bowl....... oh wait.... but I am glad to see the xbox being able to shoot for that 60fps goal and so quickly after the release of the system. Pretty exciting. Cant wait to see everything running at 60fps. ;)

Great find. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

2 things.

1.) The white Xbox One is 100000000 times cooler looking than the one I'm currently watching Netflix on.

2.) I am looking forward to this streaming NFL on my One. But since 60fps is such a big deal, what does that mean the current fps is on TV? I'm technologically lacking in that area. Does anyone know what the fps rate is for NFL on like basic cable television? Like on ESPN, or NBC.

Great post though. :clap:

So does this mean that the app will apply streaming technology/software to the console and any NFL games compatible with the tech, so the game becomes optimized for 60 FPS?

Or will it use third party means of getting the games and or console to achieve the fabled 60 frames per second?

And why not just release a Title Update to the console so existing NFL games can reach 60 frames and then pre-optimize the game discs or game engine of the future titles and content to be 60 frames... Or why not allow the App to come pre-installed on a game disc (or the digital copy of a game for On demand purchasers) and activate automatically if the player is a gold member, and alert silver members that they can get smoother and more consistent frame rates if they upgrade to gold... That way you can just purchase the game and it comes pre-loaded with the app built in, so if your a gold memeber it automatically upscales to 60 FPS and it stays locked at 30 FPS for non gold members, that way you never have to download the apps. The app would automatically activate if your gold.