Nintendo's Stock Takes a Devastating Hit Following Sales Projections!

VinWarrior

Following the recent cuts in sales, Nintendo is on it's way to a full blown shutdown.

With the recent announcement of the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS' projected sales being cut down drastically, the company took a huge hit in their stock, going down 17.09%. The share price now sits at $14.89, compared to the almost $18 it started with today. To make things worse, their numbers seem to have gone down an incredible amount when compared to their amount less then a week ago, at over $19. This number was the highest it had been since 2012, and was a signal that the company might finally be out of their array of oncoming losses.

post-26953-0-26081500-1390054403.jpg

Following both of these announcements, Nintendo's CEO Satoru Iwata gave an apology to all of the company's investors, and also stated today that he would not be resigning due to these events.

"There will be no major management shake-up in the short term,"

Check in on my previous article about the price cuts if you would like the full picture of what is currently happening to Nintendo, and how this particular event came to be.

Source: IGN.com

This post has been promoted to an article Edited by Edward Kenway
  • Like 2

This is getting worse and worse Nintendo need to do something fast or die off my suggestion would be 2 things

1 Get godamm third party support on the Wii u

2 Make another console ( the successor to the Wii u )

3 make a awesome new innovative game franchise

If they don't do this I really do see Nintendo being around for much longer Mario and Zelda may have worked before but now I cannot see it working much longer. :)

So the company who saved the North American side of the video game industry with the NES is falling... This is very sad news, as Nintendo was always there when I needed to play a game in the late 90s and early 2000s. They gave us the N64 which was one of the best consoles of all time. Nintendo, it's so hard to say goodbye...

This is getting worse and worse Nintendo need to do something fast or die off my suggestion would be 2 things

1 Get godamm third party support on the Wii u

2 Make another console ( the successor to the Wii u )

3 make a awesome new innovative game franchise

If they don't do this I really do see Nintendo being around for much longer Mario and Zelda may have worked before but now I cannot see it working much longer. :)

Oh goodness relax Nintendo has done worse before and they're going to have to do much worse to actually fail.

Although 3rd Party support is a MUST, making another console would be useless and take ages(research & development isn't cheap ya know) and yes making a new game IP would help a lot. Hopefully they follow 1 & 3 of your suggestions. 2 is just a no no.

This "article" seems a little biased in my opinion. Yes, Nintendo stocks may be taking a hit, but it's not going to create a permanent mark. Stocks fluctuate in value over time, and Nintendo's stocks may come back in value in the future. We can't just assume that Nintendo is going to fail if we haven't even experienced all of the new games that are going to be coming out. Also, Nintendo has recently built a beautiful new headquarters in Japan, and I don't think that's a sign of Nintendo dying.

- Spyker

Which article are you referring too? The source or user created article because the user created article is a lot less bias than the actual source. 

• 2 weeks later...

Nintendo can always use its trump card... They have MANY franchises under their belt. Imagine how much one would be willing to pay to get their name next to one...

If they sell out their company, to Sony or Microsoft, or just sell a bunch of game franchises we could see Pokémon on PlayStation, Legend of Zelda on Xbox, Donkey Kong on PC, or all three. Or maybe they could make a partnership to bring in games from other company's. Like Microsoft. Then we could finally see "Halo DS"  (Google it) as a real possibility.