United States of the Forum Presidential Election 6!!!! (nomination thread)

Spyro

This did indeed happen... but do not forget...

"After the Jedi Order's fall and Anakin's transformation into Darth Vader in Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, Yoda reveals to Obi-Wan that Qui-Gon has "returned from the netherworld of the Force" to teach them how to become one with the Force. Yoda and Obi-Wan receive this training during their respective exiles while waiting for when Luke Skywalker (Anakin's son) can be trained as a Jedi." -wikipedia

You still depend on Qui-Gon young Obi-Wan, you and Yoda both. Even in death, he still lives.

-This message was brought to you by the Jedi Academy and in no way reflect the views of Qui-Gon Jinn, affiliates, or third party supporters.

I'm afraid you are mistaken my master. The dialogue correctly recorded is this:

Yoda: Until the time is right, disappear we will. Master Kenobi, wait a moment. In your solitude on Tatooine, training, I have for you.

Obi-Wan: Training?

Yoda: An old friend has learned the path to immortality. One who has returned from the netherworld of the Force... Your old master.

Obi-Wan: Qui-Gon?!

Yoda: How to commune with him, I will teach you.

This dialogue proves the following points:

-Qui-Gon was in the netherworld of the Force for 13 1/2 years.

-Yoda taught Obi-Wan how to commune with Force Spirits.

-Qui-Gon had no form of communication with Obi-Wan prior to the instruction he received from Yoda.

-Obi-Wan was not taught how to communicate with Force Spirits to be taught by Qui-Gon rather so he would have someone to commune with in his 19 years of exile.

Obi-Wan learned much from Qui-Gon in his years of apprenticeship but after Qui-Gon's death, Obi-Wan continued to learn even more. Some things he learned were not things his old master could teach him. Also note that Obi-Wan became a Jedi Master and was given a seat on the Jedi Council, Qui-Gon never obtained either of these.

Thus we can conclude Obi-Wan did not depend on Qui-Gon, but Obi-Wan did appreciate his friendship.

• Like 1

Touché BZ1. However... As you stated... I have become immortal.

"Qui-Gon Jinn was perhaps the greatest Jedi alive, a commanding presence at Council, a strong and brave warrior who refused to be intimidated by even the most daunting challenge, and a good and kind man." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi Edited by Qui-Gon Jinn

And there is the grammar yellow!

yellow-card-uefa-euro.jpg

The proper way is "his or herself."

Also, why can't "A member" nominate the member "themselves?"

Therefore, as a grammar technicality, I nominate myself.

Read the note at the top of the rules. It explains how you still can't do that. :P

Communist? Ha I think your just scared. You'll probably be running a dictatorship.

I am one hundred percent for the people and the forum.

*Bald Eagle flies by*

Four score and seven years in the past, our fathers brought fourth on the internet a new forum. Conceived in gaming and dedicated to the proposition that all games are created equally. Now we are engaged in a great civil war testing whether that forum  or any forum so conceived and so dedicated... can long endure. We are met on a great battlefield of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that forum as a final resting place who gave their lives that that forum might live. It is all together fitting and proper that we should do this. But in a larger sense we cannot dedicate... we cannot consecrate...we cannot hallow this forum. The brave members, active and inactive who struggled here have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or ban. The world with little note nor long remember what we post here but it can never forget what they did on this forum. It is for us the active, rather, to be dedicated on the forum to the unfinished updates which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us... that from these honored members we take increased devotion to that cause for which that gave the last full measure of devotion ... that we here highly resolve that these members shall not have joined in vain...that this forum under Twam, shall have a new birth of freedom...and that staff of the members.. by the members.. for the members... shall not perish from this forum.   

Edited by Yoshi1176

Obi-Wan, I feel my end is near, so I am withdrawing from the race. I wish you well my young Padawan, as you still have much to learn. Be wise.

To all those who had support for me, I encourage you to encourage my Padawan. I expect him to become an even greater Jedi than I expected. He will lead the republic of the forum back to glory.

I'm currently looking for a campaign manager, if anyone wants to volunteer here are the qualifications: 

Can make BZ1 Presidential ads (that look good)

No soul

Willing to support me until the end of the election

Willingness to spread lies about the fellow candidates

Not afraid of war

Helpful when communicating with possible voters

• Like 5