What do you want from the YouTube channel???

Buns

Kick start it with a community montage! I am sure that you can find someone here who can record and compile a video. Just open up submissions, and do a little work, bing bang bong, you got yourself a sweet video to get people interested in the channel.

• Like 2

Kick start it with a community montage! I am sure that you can find someone here who can record and compile a video. Just open up submissions, and do a little work, bing bang bong, you got yourself a sweet video to get people interested in the channel.

Funny enough I would be that person to record and edit! Not a bad idea perhaps we can work with ForgeCafe for future videos? *WINK WINK WINK*

• Like 2

Oh, rag on the forums time!  :thumbsup:

But seriously, let's look at the the current channel:

I. About Tab: 

A. Could be shortened up, but should get a revamp.

B. Update Friends and subscriptions for the forum (Affiliates, and people the forums works with on a semi-regular basis)

II. Discussion Tab:

A. Let's remove this for a little, while, it just gets a lot of spam meant for the developers. If we think it will change in the future, then we re-enable it.

III.  Banner / Profile Picture:

A. Just update the Banner at least!

IV. Home Page format:

A. Play around with it.

B. First thing: Recent uploads

C. Second, Most uploaded to series of videos (playdates, or whatever, should be pretty current)

D. Third, next most updated, etc.

E. Fourth, Community how to's (Some videos up, but expand, maybe has some members talking about certain guidelines, rules, etc.)

F. Fifth, sixth, etc, older videos, such as Halo 4 news, Reach clips,etc.

V. Finally Videos

A. We need to upload videos, that look halfway decent and appealing for anyone in the gaming community

B. Forum how-to's ( a must continue)

C. Playdates (announcements and recaps)

D. Podcast (Could incorporate recent forum news, etc)

E. Showcases (art, maps, partnerships, community members  projects, etc)

F. Play-throughs (maybe with multiple people)

And that's all I got for now, please feel free to questions and build off my ideas.

Edited by Sikslik7
  • Like 4

And that's all I got for now, please feel free to questions and build off my ideas.

The art department is going to get through with making the channel look pretty and the about stuff/affiliates channels didn't cross my mind. Thanks I'll get straight to that!

Thank you everyone else for their amazing suggestions and keep em coming!

Montages, commentary, top 5, fails.... etc. :)

Aww... my ideas... :(

Very thorough I really appreciate that.

Bnus, you can go to Theater mode and see if that Ninjas VS Forums games are still there? Some game play from that would make a good video. Keep the camera on me and you may be able to release your first 'top 10 fails' video lol.

That literally made me lol. :)

Lots of great ideas and I'm on board with most of them. Montages obviously, need to be on there. I also really like the idea of fails videos. :rofl:

• Like 2

All of the above ideas are ones I'd love to see implemented you guys are very good at giving feedback. Dog and Bnus are a very capable duo and can get help from the Community Moderators and RedStar on any project if need be. 

One thing I wanna see on our YouTube Channel however is a collaborative trailer for any known Events we have now for the upcoming year including our 2014 Calendar Events and any member created ones that we have like the Winter Conclusion created by onsokumaru. Kind of a teaser as of what's to come and maybe draw in more subscribers.

• Like 3

Funny enough I would be that person to record and edit! Not a bad idea perhaps we can work with ForgeCafe for future videos? *WINK WINK WINK*

We had a fantastic humpday with HaloCustoms a while ago, would you guys be interested in the same thing? If so just say the word and I will put it in motion.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...