Destiny expected to "push the PS3 and Xbox 360 to their limits"

Screech

16ccc820889e397c52ae384377864b4e.jpg?ito

From the Examiner's article:

Chris Butcher has provided some details regarding the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the cross-generation video game, “Destiny.” According to a report from World’s Factory on Jan. 7, the technical director at Bungie believed that the current-generation consoles still give the development plenty of “headroom,” adding that the engine has been their “most optimized” yet. As a result, both systems are being pushed to the limits. You can find his comment below:

"The current generation of consoles, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, they have a lot of headroom still for us. We have the most optimized game engine we’ve ever produced for these consoles. We’re getting at the point now where we are wringing pretty much every ounce of juice out of the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3."

Chris Butcher went on to disclose that the Bungie was surprised at abilities of the PS3 and Xbox 360 being able to display higher counts of individuals on screen. The development team is using the CPUs and SPUs of both systems to the full effect in an attempt to make the experience consistent on all platforms. You can find some “Destiny” screenshots in the slideshow to the left of this article and the comment below:

"We’re running higher character counts and higher player counts than we thought would even be possible on these things because we’re using every ounce of the CPUs and the SPUs and we’re offloading stuff to the graphics processor. You’re basically eating the whole buffalo at this point in the current generation. And that’s been our target right from the start is to make sure that we can provide that game experience that is consistent for everybody."

R.I.P. to all of the pre-slim Xbox 360's that are gonna overheat when they try to run Destiny. I'll be sitting pretty with my Xbox One  :ice:
  • Like 1

Well, this should be expected, Destiny and most next gen games don't really belong on the old gen, even GTA V really pushed these old machine's limits. These games should mainly be on the Next Gen consoles, and Bungie shouldn't have to downgrade the game as a whole just to work on these inferior (now) machines.

Btw, your quote at the end, I have an original 360, THANK GOD I'm picking up Destiny for next gen XD

• 3 weeks later...

Well I am going to have fun on the 360. I don't plan on getting One for a while.

Hopefully it can handle it, my xbox has performed greatly so far.

I'm sure it'll run fine! They may have to tone down certain things in the game like DICE did with Battlefield 4 on the 360 and PS3, but I don't think you'll have any problems other than some framrate issues...