I gave the new version a look. Still plenty of problems, I'm afraid. The problems with the flow are still present. This is because there are some areas in the map that are a little separated from the rest of the map. These areas are the ones that won't be used much during a match and will end up being spawn sites. The long hallways I mentioned are also still there.

Something new I noticed were the bad initial spawns. I don't really remember the color but one of the teams spawn in the separated area I mentioned above while the other teams' spawns are placed in bad areas. Two of the spawns were facing a completely different direction from the others.

I'm also afraid the power position still poses an issue because there's only one hard route to it.

Then there are the aesthetics. Aesthetics don't just mean big structures that give the map a theme. A huge element in a map's aesthetics would be its neatness and cleanliness. Your map uses a plethora of different pieces and textures and it really takes away from the overall look. You're also building this on Erosion so the last thing you want on your map is visual noise.

Competitive map aesthetics: http://www.forgehub.com/threads/next-level-forging-aesthetics.147945/

I still don't think all the problems can be fixed without a complete reforge of many areas. I suggest prioritizing fixing the problems with the flow.

Which areas were separated from the rest of the map? In my 1v1 play test I believe that all routes were used, I didn't feel that any part of the map was unused. I understand that the spawning must be refined, though.

I understand what you mean by the aesthetics, I've been trying to fix it but to no avail. I ran out of blocks and walls and all that, so I had to resort to ramps. If the next attempt fails, I'll just remake the map from scratch, maybe (but most unlikely) on a different canvas.

I know that these areas look messy-

-below the main furnace, the shortcut

-around the 4/4 corner leading from the zigzag tunnel to the ramp to the furnace

-the exit from zigzag tunnel to the ramp up to the sticky detonator spawn and the ramp down

Please inform me of any others.

As for the power position, I will try to add another hard route but I'm not sure where it will come from. It would probably come from the sniper tunnel.

One of the areas that I remember being separated would be the initial spawn area of one of the teams. Keep in mind though that I only looked at the map in Forge so use your own judgement on your experiences with the map.

Again, I don't think nitpicking at the problems I'm mentioning would do anything. A reforge would do you some good. Building it on a different canvas would probably be a good idea since the other canvases look neater than Erosion. Reforging would also allow you to watch your piece usage and give you an opportunity to make the map flow well.

Hmm. The theme only really fits on erosion, the pieces of all the other maps are too white. I think you're talking about the red team initial spawn, which is near the back path. I don't think I'll remake it from scratch, but I will delete and rebuild the parts that fit in awkwardly. If possible, can I invite you to a 1v1 or if possible 2v2 match once I'm finished?

I've made an update which has changed the aesthetics and added a route from the sniper tunnel directly to the main power position. The sniper doesn't spawn at start anymore to prevent teams from grabbing the sniper and running directly to the power position at the start. This new route is extremely exposed.

The update is not completely finished yet, but the new version is in my fileshare as "furnace", not furnace 2v2 or furnace 1v1. I will change the link when I finish the update on Saturday.

I've made an update which has changed the aesthetics and added a route from the sniper tunnel directly to the main power position. The sniper doesn't spawn at start anymore to prevent teams from grabbing the sniper and running directly to the power position at the start. This new route is extremely exposed.

The update is not completely finished yet, but the new version is in my fileshare as "furnace", not furnace 2v2 or furnace 1v1. I will change the link when I finish the update on Saturday.

Sounds great. :)

• 4 months later...