Games with Gold - January

Games-With-Gold-List.png

To kick of 2014 with games with gold Sleeping dogs is up first to grab for free until the January 15th then Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light will be up after that for remainder of the month. 

z12291716X.jpg

Sleeping Dogs is an open world game developed by United Front Games, it takes place in Hong Kong and involves the organized crime of the Triads

Lara-Croft-Guardian-Light-03.jpg

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is a platform action game which was developed by Crystal Dynamics. The game follows Lara Croft to Central America as she searches for ancient relics and battles ferocious beasts. 

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 5

I've never heard of these titles before, but hopefully they'll be good enough to enjoy somewhat. I'm not one to complain, especially if it's free, but I do hope to see more titles that were successful when they were produced.

But like I said, FREE. So they're automatically a must download.

• Like 1

I've never heard of these titles before, but hopefully they'll be good enough to enjoy somewhat. I'm not one to complain, especially if it's free, but I do hope to see more titles that were successful when they were produced.

But like I said, FREE. So they're automatically a must download.

I'm really surprized you haven't heard about Sleeping Dogs. It was a pretty popular game when it came out.

I'm really surprized you haven't heard about Sleeping Dogs. It was a pretty popular game when it came out.

To be fair, Sleeping Dogs isn't that great of a game. It's descent, the type of game you just stick in, do some Kung-Fu and complete missions as a triad gangsta or whatever. It's nothing special, not saying it doesn't have anything cool in the game, it's just descent. I think it was popular when it came out because people were comparing it with GTA, which it was no where near the quality of GTA.

• Like 1

I've heard good things from my friends who got the free download but I don't really have any space on my 360 HDD so I think I'm gonna have to pass on it  :(

Take note that you don't have to finish the download to get the game for free. Once you initiate the download, you can cancel it and download it for free at a later date.

• Like 2

Take note that you don't have to finish the download to get the game for free. Once you initiate the download, you can cancel it and download it for free at a later date.

I never thought about that. You can just set all of the games with gold into you active download "folder" and just keep them there undownloaded until you are ready for them. Neat. :)

Anyways, already downloaded Sleeping Dogs and the little bit I've played seems to be like a really fun game. And like always with games for gold. It's free. :)

I have sleeping dogs, and to be honest, it's not GTA but it's pretty darn close. 

Hmm, I wouldn't say pretty darn close. GTA has better everything and more of everything compared to Sleeping Dogs, the concept is similar but isn't really on par with GTA. Saints Row is the closest to GTA but overall the only games close to GTA would be the Rockstar games themselves.

Wow, I had no idea you could do that! Thanks for the heads up :D

Sleeping Dogs, sounds like a kind of fun game. Like the kind of game I would like to play. But the title sounds kind of dumb if you ask me. To me it sounds kind of like a Grand Theft Auto game, just more independent and in Hong Kong. I may buy this game. 

Too bad we don't get Sleeping Dogs for PC as well. I wanna play as Kim Kardashian and have my sidekick buddys be justin bieber, Jackie Chan, Mr. Sulu, and bruce lee... And I wanna fight armies of mutant-zombie kittens... Yay for modding! :)

• Like 2

We need better free games, I'd like to add. Maybe games like Gears of War 2, or Black Ops 1. Just something that's worth downloading and playing again.

I think Sleeping Dogs is a fair one. However I do agree most of the Games for Gold have been pretty lackluster.

• Like 1

To be fair, Sleeping Dogs isn't that great of a game. It's descent, the type of game you just stick in, do some Kung-Fu and complete missions as a triad gangsta or whatever. It's nothing special, not saying it doesn't have anything cool in the game, it's just descent. I think it was popular when it came out because people were comparing it with GTA, which it was no where near the quality of GTA.

I find it funny how most GTA type games and GTA wanna-be games turn out being way better than GTA (In my opinion and a LOT of my friends opinions), the only good GTA game is honestly their new game, GTA 5.

Does someone know if "Games with Gold" will continue all this year?

GwG was supposed to end after December so I honestly don't have any clue when/if it will.

• Like 1

I find it funny how most GTA type games and GTA wanna-be games turn out being way better than GTA (In my opinion and a LOT of my friends opinions), the only good GTA game is honestly their new game, GTA 5.

GwG was supposed to end after December so I honestly don't have any clue when/if it will.

See I agree with you to a fault. I think most of the "GTA wanna be games" are better (although I haven't played Saints Row) the only GTA games I like are Vice City and San Andreas. When IV came out a lot was changed and I completely lost interest and I didn't bother playing V.