How much does Halo 5 matter to you?

BrandNewClassic

It will depend on new ideas and innovations.

Most users will basically answer this, in a variety of different words being used to say that above. I won't buy Halo 5 blindly. If I did I'd have to blindly buy an Xbox One blindly, which I'd rather not do, even though I know I'll have to get one eventually. I just want bring up that, Halo 4 was a great game so I know Halo 5 will be good and a better game regardless.

I loved the campaign because the story again was amazing, the menu system was really good, Spartan Ops had a great story going, the Multiplayer was pretty descent, the music was amazing (the menu music especially was a beautiful piece), Customization was good, Graphics was awesome (nice and vibrant, not depressing at all), Forge was descent aside from the fact it was a copy and paste from Reach, overall if you didn't take Halo seriously it's a fun game to play. Of course I'm not going to mention the bad point, and also why I'm making these points about Halo 4, is basically to show that I have faith that Halo 5 will be a great game for Next Gen. But, obviously we haven't seen anything yet, so we can't speculate.

I personally will buy it just because it is Halo and I have never been dissapointed with any Halo game so I don't see why I would be with the next one on new hardware. 

Edited by Buns
  • Like 4

I will not buy it for one reason

I don't like the Xbox one so I will not get Halo 5

It is kind of sad Halo 4 was the last Halo I will ever play but I do hope that 343i really try will this game and Micros$ft does not rush it so Halo 5 can be the best it can be. :)

If i didn't care about the story, I wouldn't have bought the franchise years ago, and this remains true to this day.

This.

If it wasn't for Bungie creating an amazing story to the Halo series, I wouldn't have been that big on Halo in general. It's a good job the Halo series has one of the best video game stories out there. It's also better than 90% of the movies plots that have been made too. Video Game stories are the best!

If i didn't care about the story, I wouldn't have bought the franchise years ago, and this remains true to this day.

I completely agree with your statement. I love Halos storyline, the books can be so interesting.

Halo 5 matters to me a lot because if it doesn't reach its expectations, many people will go to PS4. Many people haven't bought the next-gen consoles yet because they want to see how certain games turn out, Halo 5 is one of them. If it comes out well, how people expected, it will emerge successful. If it doesn't please its remaining audience, it will be scarred along with the Xbox One. By scarred I mean major population loss. Less sales=less money.

Edited by UNSC Spartan-II

It's all about the multiplayer.  ~ Cliff Bleszinski

They need to take a hard look at Halo 1, 2 and 3. I'm gonna need some details about what they have changed in the multiplayer since Halo 4 before I make a move. Edited by Bob

I wont be buying it because I too don't own an Xbox one, and never will. I shall watch the walkthrough of it on Youtube and then delve deep into the Lore in forum discussions, that'll save me plenty of money and still get what I want from the game itself. 

Well if the only thing you want is the lore then you're completely missing what a makes a game unique.

The interactive experience(which includes lore, gameplay, mechanics, etc)

Well if the only thing you want is the lore then you're completely missing what a makes a game unique.

The interactive experience(which includes lore, gameplay, mechanics, etc)

I've lost the gaming experience for a while now, which is perfectly normal considering I've played a diverse amount of games over my gaming years. From Mario on the N64, GTA Vice city/SA and MOH on the Ps2 Platinum, Pokemon Yellow/Pinball on the gameboy colour, Pokemon Crystal/sapphire on the Gameboy advance, James bond everything or nothing on Gamecube, Halo CE and Halo 2 on Xbox one with the occasional Turok. CoD, Halo 3, Viva pinata, Forza and Gears on the Xbox 360, Runescape and WoW, The Total war games ( Rome 2 sucks )and Europa universalis, Heck even Habbo Hotel when I was a degenerate youth.

I've had my share of 'uniqueness' in games as I come from a diverse gaming background, and to be honest none of the newer releases on next gen look any different to what I've experienced from the past. I'm no longer interested in competitiveness either, too much nonsense involved.

Lore is all I have, and even then it's only fun when you throw yourself into the mix, into that universe you've delved so deeply in. Gaming will be dead to me in a year or two. I don't even touch my Xbox 360 anymore, it has more dust than a 100 year old haunted mansion.

I will get Halo 5, regardless of what they say. Halo 4s matchmaking wasnt that bad, the campaign was amazing in my opinion, so why not?

I hope that they put some things from previous Halo titles in but even if they don't the game will still be good. The campaign is also a great spot to look at because of how Halo 4 left us, Halsey has been kidnapped, Cortana is dead (as far as we know).

There is a lot of area to make the game better now that they have seen what we liked and didn't like about the last Halo. 

Edited by Yoshi1176

I will get Halo 5, regardless of what they say. Halo 4s matchmaking wasnt that bad, the campaign was amazing in my opinion, so why not?

I hope that they put some things from previous Halo titles in but even if they don't the game will still be good. The campaign is also a great spot to look at because of how Halo 4 left us, Halsey has been kidnapped, Cortana is dead (as far as we know).

There is a lot of area to make the game better now that they have seen what we liked and didn't like about the last Halo. 

I agree. I will definitely be getting all future Halo games. I also love the Campaign. The story is amazing, especially with the books.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have grown up on Halo, and every game so far has made good memories, great stories, and they all have a place in my heart. Halo is more than just a game to me, it's a life style. And whilst I hate the XBone, I WILL be getting the next Halo games even if it means getting one.

I'll do what most players do: I'll buy it for the campaign, and pray that there's a good multiplayer.

If the multiplayer's bad I won't trade it in to a GameStop...because I like to revisit old games... but I still have a vested interest in multiplayer. A good multiplayer is easily worth twice what any campaign is.

Apparently I wasn't clear enough with what I was trying to say there. You think I'm trying to say that a game can't be good without multiplayer, what I'm actually trying to say is that if a game has both a good campaign, and a good online multiplayer, the online multiplayer is generally what people stick around for.

We're talking about Halo 5, which is a game with both singleplayer, and online multiplayer.

I agree that many great games don't have multiplayer, I could list several dozen of my own. But.

When it comes to modern games that have both a decent online multiplayer and a well done campaign, all of the staying power is in the multiplayer. You may clock 25-50 hours in campaign over the years (or as many as 100 or even more for amazing Bethesda titles), but online multiplayer is what sends those play time numbers flying into 11 days....12 days....13 days....etc.

A good multiplayer is easily worth twice what any campaign is.

You're stating that Multiplayer is the only real thing that matters/matters the most, but most (if not all) gamers buy a game for their campaign instead of multiplayer, I wouldn't have the games I own today without a good to great campaign. So yes, a Campaign matters 100x more than a good multiplayer, hell most people in here wouldn't really play this game if they weren't invested into the campaign (ex: Everybody sad at Cortana's death, the wondering about Arbiter in H5, Flood's return, etc.).

You're stating that Multiplayer is the only real thing that matters/matters the most, but most (if not all) gamers buy a game for their campaign instead of multiplayer, I wouldn't have the games I own today without a good to great campaign. So yes, a Campaign matters 100x more than a good multiplayer, hell most people in here wouldn't really play this game if they weren't invested into the campaign (ex: Everybody sad at Cortana's death, the wondering about Arbiter in H5, Flood's return, etc.).

He wasn't stating that, he was simply saying that if a game has a great campaign and multiplayer, gamers would tend to mostly lean towards the multiplayer aspects once done with the campaign (I presume), good examples being Halo, COD and Battlefield, upon many others. Campaign games need multiplayer, of course depending on the franchise. I wouldn't like to play the campaign over and over again, once I'm done, I'll come back to it every now and then. Ultimately a high percentage of gamers look for multiplayer, such as myself. And, also to make a solid game, that game would need both Campaign and Multiplayer, it's a perfect balance. But, again depends on the franchise, games like Halo... YES. Games like Skyrim, personally... NO.

Also, I agree that a campaign matters, for me both games need the best of both worlds, but again depending on what company, franchise and game it is.

Don't forget to mention Co-op Campaign! That's what I look for in a game, playing the campaign with friends I find is more fun and satisfying than Multiplayer.

• Like 1

He wasn't stating that, he was simply saying that if a game has a great campaign and multiplayer, gamers would tend to mostly lean towards the multiplayer aspects once done with the campaign.

Yeah, that's pretty much it.