Do you like the Star Wars prequels?

Sniper0092

I have grown up with all the SWs, and I personally liked them all a lot. But in many ways, I don't understand why they get haters. But there are things I question. They have awkward moments, they don't have enough emotion (Except 3) and things fans have said.

Hayden gets hate, Anakin is known to be whiny. But too me, I think George did that cause he wanted to show he had problems before being Vader. Portraying a troubled man (The way his mom died was well done and sad, even said he dreamed about her) so in a way, Hayden played the role well...

"Too much CGI." What do you except? It's a fictional world with MANY types of planets, creatures, weapons, and so much more, CGI is important. I have mixed feelings about some backgrounds being blue screens however.

So your thoughts? And what do you want for epi 7?

BTW, the old ones had problems

Epi 4: Obi-Wan and Yoda should have told Luke and Leia about their dad, AND trained them I mean come on, wouldn't you want to know if your dad was the sith lord?!

Epi 5: Don't like how they split up too much. If Obi-Wan could talk to him, why did he send Luke all the freaking way to Dagobah instead of training him?

Epi 6: The storm troopers being killed by those things made them more useless. There is not much to say about 6, it's freaking awesome :D

So you see, they all had problems :D

• Like 2

as an avid star wars fan i did think the prequels were all bad.

Episode 1 was good, the only things i didnt like about  episode one was Jar Jar, and the kid who played Anakin, i didn't like his acting.

Episode 2 was bad IMO, for a move called attack of the clones, there wasn't very much attacking done by clones, though when they did show it that's when the movie finally got good. I think there was way too much focus on Anakin and Padme, if they focused more on the battle between the Republic and Separatist it would have been way better and lived up to it's name lol.

Episode 3 is easily the best of the prequel trilogy. it had action from start to finish, and good duels, a good story, and we finally got to see Anakin fall to the dark side. I think that it did a good job bridging the gap between the 2 trilogy and i liked how even the tech started to look more like the original trilogy tech, like how the Arc fighters looked like the predecessor to the x-wings and how the cockpit design of the the jedi star fighter looked like the tie fighter cockpit.

i think they  they could have toned down the cgi a bit and used more props, so it would feel more like the original trilogy but like you said, it's a fictional world with lots of planets and stuff so they had to use a lot of cgi.

As for what i want for episode 7, like i said about the CGI use it when they have too but use more props, when they can, so it can feel a bit like the original trilogy. Other than that make it entertaining, which im sure they plan to do lol. Im not a very picky person and i tend to enjoy most things so i'll be happy with a decent story with a good amount of action.

oh and Hayden doesn't deserve all the hate he gets, i dont think it was his acting that was bad but the script, at least in episode 2, in episode 3 i thought he was great, he played his character perfectly. and since we're talking about actors, Ewan McGregor played a phenomenal Obi wan, he was easily the best thing about the prequels IMO.

Edited by Vitamin PWN
  • Like 1

Episode 1: Mesa love Jar Jar but mesa no like the era of the movie.

Episode 2: Mesa love the clones and droids and mesa favorite era of Star Wars is the clone wars!!!

Episode 3: This is mesa favorite Star Wars movie along with ROTJ. Mesa always love Clone Wars

I feel akward when it comes to the prequels. The prequels deliver well in portrayal, narrative, characters, and action. All these but I think what really brought the hate on the prequels comes down to little things. Little things like Han Solo and Leia flirting (without making it so blatantly obvious), funny moments like when Leia gives Luke a kiss trying to prove something to Han, it's the little things lie that throughout the originals that helped create a bond with the audience. I felt as if the prequels lacked in that regard.

Episode I. Probably the movie with the most good character debutes and the debute of one of the prequels poor attempt of comedy. I mean episode I introduced Qui-Gon Ginn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Darth Maul, Mace Windu, Padme Amidala, Anakin, Ki-Adi Mundi, Plo Koon, Palpatine, Captain Panaka, so many great characters. (Although Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Palpatine may not have necessarily counted) I think Episode I developed too slowly as I always find myself falling asleep when I try to watch it now.

Episode II was definitely an improvement over the first prequel. ok. No it wasn't. Episode II had interesting sub plots but I Anakin just cannot woo a girl like Han Solo. That being said, the end of the movie ends on a high note with an epic battle ensuing on Geonosis. This is easily the best part of the movie and the most exciting.

Episode III is what I consider the second greatest Star Wars movie ever made. And not because it fixes the problems in the first two movies, but because it distracts you with brilliant battles. The dialogue is still missing but is less needed than it was in the previous two films to the action packed nature of Episode III. I shed tears for the first time in all three of the prequels as I saw innocent Jedi betrayed by what had been their allies over the past 3 and 1/2 years. I still goosebumps every time I hear the following lines:

Anakin: I HATE YOU!!

Obi-Wan: You were my brother Anakin, I loved you.

The closing moments if episode III paint a dark picture, a hole that looks impossible to surmount and serves as an excellent bridge between the prequels and the sequels.

I have high hopes for Star Wars: Episode VII. I feel as though J.J. Abrams has been around Star Wars long enough to know what it needs, and can deliver. I can't really say what I "want" for Episode VII beside me wanting it to be a good movie, but I think I'll be able to easily convey my wants for Episode VIII because I'll know all the new characters and story lines. Until then....

May The Force Be With You. :salute:

• Like 2

Nope the prequels were a mess that scarred star wars forever

episode 3 was ok ish but it was so stupid at times on moment Anakin was a kind friendly person the next he was a psychopath

Episode 2 was the worst the romance was the worst

Episode 1 was at least trying but killing off darth maul < BIG MISTAKE  :)

I feel akward when it comes to the prequels. The prequels deliver well in portrayal, narrative, characters, and action. All these but I think what really brought the hate on the prequels comes down to little things. Little things like Han Solo and Leia flirting (without making it so blatantly obvious), funny moments like when Leia gives Luke a kiss trying to prove something to Han, it's the little things lie that throughout the originals that helped create a bond with the audience. I felt as if the prequels lacked in that regard.

Episode I. Probably the movie with the most good character debutes and the debute of one of the prequels poor attempt of comedy. I mean episode I introduced Qui-Gon Ginn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Darth Maul, Mace Windu, Padme Amidala, Anakin, Ki-Adi Mundi, Plo Koon, Palpatine, Captain Panaka, so many great characters. (Although Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Palpatine may not have necessarily counted) I think Episode I developed too slowly as I always find myself falling asleep when I try to watch it now.

Episode II was definitely an improvement over the first prequel. ok. No it wasn't. Episode II had interesting sub plots but I Anakin just cannot woo a girl like Han Solo. That being said, the end of the movie ends on a high note with an epic battle ensuing on Geonosis. This is easily the best part of the movie and the most exciting.

Episode III is what I consider the second greatest Star Wars movie ever made. And not because it fixes the problems in the first two movies, but because it distracts you with brilliant battles. The dialogue is still missing but is less needed than it was in the previous two films to the action packed nature of Episode III. I shed tears for the first time in all three of the prequels as I saw innocent Jedi betrayed by what had been their allies over the past 3 and 1/2 years. I still goosebumps every time I hear the following lines:

Anakin: I HATE YOU!!

Obi-Wan: You were my brother Anakin, I loved you.

The closing moments if episode III paint a dark picture, a hole that looks impossible to surmount and serves as an excellent bridge between the prequels and the sequels.

I have high hopes for Star Wars: Episode VII. I feel as though J.J. Abrams has been around Star Wars long enough to know what it needs, and can deliver. I can't really say what I "want" for Episode VII beside me wanting it to be a good movie, but I think I'll be able to easily convey my wants for Episode VIII because I'll know all the new characters and story lines. Until then....

May The Force Be With You. :salute:

"I HATE YOU!!" That was intense. 3 is my favorite SW, it was the darkest so far.

Nope the prequels were a mess that scarred star wars forever

episode 3 was ok ish but it was so stupid at times on moment Anakin was a kind friendly person the next he was a psychopath

Episode 2 was the worst the romance was the worst

Episode 1 was at least trying but killing off darth maul < BIG MISTAKE   :)

Come on. 3 was pretty dark, all those jedi and kids dying D:

Sniper the problem was Anakin's fall was to instant one moment he was a kind friendly Jedi and then in a few minutes mace windu is dead and he has just killed a bunch of children I don't care how dark it is or how much lightsabers can be crammed in one shot all I care about the story and the characters something the prequels failed at 100 percent. :)

Sniper the problem was Anakin's fall was to instant one moment he was a kind friendly Jedi and then in a few minutes mace windu is dead and he has just killed a bunch of children I don't care how dark it is or how much lightsabers can be crammed in one shot all I care about the story and the characters something the prequels failed at 100 percent. :)

I can't believe you just said his fall to the dark side was *too instant.

Anakin was began his fall to the dark side the moment Qui-Gon began training him. Qui-Gon disobeyed the counsel and trained him whilst knowing how easily he could fall to the dark side.

In episode II you could see his fear turn into anger and his anger to hate.

His hate continued to boil as he felt disrespected by the distrust of the Jedi. Finally he completed his fall to the Dark Side as he slew innocent Jedi younglings.

So you saying his fall was instant is completely illogical as it took place over 3 movies.

• Like 1

Yes it did happened over a long period but still the prequels ( movies ) were terrible the revenge of the sith book as so much better the writing the characters Anakin's fall was much more over time but in episode 3 it was more a split second and the final fight was so much more better. :)