Anime

Melody

What's your favorite anime? And why do you like it? Mine is Bleach, and Angel Beats, because they both are funny and exciting to watch.  ^_^

Good choices! ^_^

I'll add 10 Anime's I really enjoyed that are my favorites but I there are so many I like but I'll stick with 10 because I'll be here all day otherwise, I might come back later to give in more detail as to why I like the anime so much. It's getting late and I doubt I could string an interesting sentence together about why I like that Anime. :)

I basically like these Anime's for these reasons, they're badass, have amazing characters, action packed, funny, interesting stories, unique, dark, love the anime concept, the animation itself and so on.

- Durarara!

- Bleach

- Cowboy Bebop

- Devil May Cry

- Jormungand

- Darker than Black

- Ghost in the Shell

- Guilty Crown

- Black Lagoon

- Another (Really good horror anime, one of the best)

• Like 1

I only have a top 5 list, from there I cannot decide on the next bests. Top 5 goes as follows.
1. Oreimo (Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai)
2. Clannad and Clannad: After Story
3. DragonBallZ
4. The Monogatari series (Bake/Nise/Neko/Second)
5. Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin)

Forgot to mention why I liked these.

Oreimo - This would be the first anime I've watched in full, and the first that I actually got into (Not like Pokemon where I'd watch that rarely or Yu-Gi-Ho for examples). Oreimo has a lot of unusual humour to which I was hooked on, the characters were great though the story was a little weird. But I stuck with it because I love(d) it. Not including the crap OVA's that stemmed at the end of the final season/2nd season.

Clannad/After Story - Clannad would be number 1 if Oreimo didn't have a nostalgia factor to it, easily and I mean eassssssily the most emotional anime ever made in my opinion. The characters were almost flawless and the story was indeed perfect. I just found this by google-ing for random anime. This one I probably recommend most highly, since it's my perfect example of what anime is when a masterpiece.

DragonBallZ - This one is something most people wouldn't expect due to the reason that I watched it in full only last year. Never before did I watch a full episode and though that being said I was hooked. Though the fillers are annoying and there are many dull moments in the anime, when it gets good it really does get good.

Monogatari - I started on Bakemonogatari (which is the first season) and by the end of the first episode I was hooked, I didn't know what to expect from this anime, it's really in a genre of its own. Nise and Nekomonogatari are small mini seasons if you will and leave a large stamp on the plot which is utterly massive as the seasons go on. Monogatari Second Season is currently airing as has 1 episode left before season end and is what I'm streaming at the current time. In all, the characters and the crazily good art style is what I think makes this 4th on my list. If you don't like anime that is 90% just talking, this anime ain't for you.

Finally with Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - This one I knew of months before I actually downloaded it to watch but didn't because it didn't sound interesting from a bad 1 sentence summary someone gave me. But after watching literally the first 5 minutes, I was hooked. The show has the most amount of massive cliffhangers I've ever witnessed and has the greatest urge to keep on watching. This stems exactly from the manga with only super slight differences. If you watch Shingeki no Kyojin and want to see the rest of the story (there is no season 2 at the time) seriously read the manga. It has the biggest wow/badass action scene I think there is in any anime.

I have a few other anime series that I like, but don't fit the top 5, but could fit a top 10 if I were to think of one up. Good anime I loved be; Shakugan no Shana, Marai Nikki (Future Diary), Toradora! and Spice & Wolf.

Edited by Azaxx
Included reasons
  • Like 1

My list includes action, comedy, occasional hint of romance(not my favorite genre of the bunch but it gets the job done),and adventure.

1. Bleach(OF FREGGIN COURSE)

2. Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

3. Full Metal Alchemist

4. Evangelion

5. Chrome Shelled Regios

6. Dragon Ball Z

7. Naruto Shipuden

8. Naruto

9. One Piece

10. Tenchi Muyo GXP

These are magnificent creations that I have enjoyed watching with all increased enthusiasm.

i like just bout everyone that i have watched but my top 5 are 

1.Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood

2.Clannad

3. Another

4.Angel Beats

5. Hunter x Hunter

BONUS: 

6.Shakugan No Shana

and there is no special reason other then the fact that i enjoyed watching these more so then the rest

if any of you would like links to check any of these out i would be happy to provide one for you 

Since I've watched over 100 Animes and am currently reading over 100 Mangas I can post some of the best ones I've read or watched.

Liked 

- Naruto

- Yu-Gi-Oh (Original with Yugi)

- Yu-Gi-Oh GX

-Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

- Sword Art Online

- Infinite Stratos

- Kore Wa Zombie desu ka

- Sankarea

- Sekirei

- Sora no otoshimono

- Code Geass

- Angel Beats

- Pokémon

Dropped

- One Piece

- Bleach

- Attack on Titan 

- Nisekoi

Since everybody else seems to be making lists I may as well make one as well.

(in no particular order)

1. Cowboy Bebop: Probably the reason I got into anime. I watched the movie with my uncle when I was knee high to a grasshopper.

2. Ghost in the Shell: One of my first exposures to cyber punk. Probably my favorite anime. Although in truth I prefer the movie.

3. Dragon Ball: Almost everybodys first exposure to anime. The definitive shonen. I do watch it mostly for nostalgia but I always get a kick out of it and have seen almost every episode (haven't finished GT but I don't really have an urge to)  which for a shonen is rare. The other shows listed are much much shorter. Which is what I prefer.

4. Golden Boy: One of the funniest comedies of all time. It's only six episodes long but they are so rewatchable that it's not even an issue.

5. Neon Genesis Evangelion: Despite it's pretension still one of my favorites.