What could 343i do to make you want to buy Halo 5?

Buns

17 weapons don't go away really fast  

In Halo 4 weapons take 11 seconds to despawn after being dropped by a dead player. I believe Halo 3 was 11 seconds as well so I am not exactly sure what you mean by this. 

In Halo 4 weapons take 11 seconds to despawn after being dropped by a dead player. I believe Halo 3 was 11 seconds as well so I am not exactly sure what you mean by this. 

For some reason the weapon despawning really annoyed me. As soon as I go back to pick up my weapon or ordanance after I die, it's gone. In a way I guess that's more realistic though.

I am just going to reel off a bunch of points that I am certain that a lot of people would agree with (hopefully):

- Halo Reach gameplay (blended with Halo 3); an actual respectable time to kill your opponent, the recoil from your weapons (I know I will get flamed for this, but the whole attraction that the Halo games gave off was the fact it was not real at all, and the controls were as you expected, this is what gave it's identity and singled itself from the likes of Call of Duty). This is also along with the actual Reach graphics that look bold and exciting, which is something that Halo 4 lacked. Everything seems to just blend into itself for Halo 4. Reach' gameplay was fun due to the exaggerated effects that reminded you that you were playing a cartoon game, Halo 4 seemed to serious and machine-like.

- Customising the armour and actually being able to notice it during gameplay.

- Remove the drop in-drop out concept when in games, that's one thing that really did bug me. 

- Load outs are unnecessary and gave an unfair advantage, because grenades such as 'sticky' were, in my eyes, seen as a powerful grenade and worth going out of your way to get one. Same with the smaller weapons like plasma pistol, which again was good for the 'noob combo' that I myself and probably a lot of people use too to kill your opponents quickly, and the fact that we are able to choose this as our first load out kind of defeats the point of finding the plasma pistol to give yourself that advantage. The armour effects don't bother me. 

- Although Halo 4's campaign was extremely fun and enjoyable, it was too short and I completed it in no time. 

P.S, please change Master Chief back to the default look, e.g. Halo 1, 2, 3 and Reach.

Firefight, get rid of tactical packages, support upgrades and some armour abilities (Hardlight Shield, Autosentry, Promethean Vision), descoping and a great Forge environment.

People say they miss Firefight but they got rid of it because no one used it... It'd be cool but I guarantee it won't come back. 

People say they miss Firefight but they got rid of it because no one used it... It'd be cool but I guarantee it won't come back. 

More people play Firefight then Spartan Ops sometimes. 

I personally love Firefight and it had a much stronger backing then Spartan Ops. I have also put more time in Reach Firefight then I have in Reach Multiplayer. 

• 3 months later...

- No sprint

- Weapons on map always like H1-H3, Maps should be designed around weapon and map control like the first 3 games. its what made halo competitive

- No instaspawns, also ruins halo

- No AA it ruins map design cause developers have to design around it for AAs

- No ordinance drops, this is a given if Halo is supposed to be about weapon and map control... which it always was when it was good.

- Responsive controls

- Descoping when shot 

- Consistent gameplay between all gametypes except for no radar for MLG and SWAT with no shields should be the olny exception. This helps the community stay competitive across the board.

-Memorable maps of all sizes with good competitive attributes

- More use of teleporters like H1 and H2, they add a real dynamic to maps that can't be matched. Creates great flanking opportunities and makes games more interesting.

- Old school armor H1-3, anything is better than H4 armor looks lame, more customization but it has to be done correctly. ALmost 100% of the helmets in H4 were lame and weren't worth getting.

- REAL Ranking System, this whole experience based system that rewards you just for playing over time is just a way of making casual players feel good but does nothing for Veterans and hardcore players that want to EARN their status. Halo 2s ranking system was awesome, it had cool colors surrounding the numbers which added to the hype behind getting there, then once you hit 44 you get cool images for your level like a crescent moon all the way up to 50 being a actual Halo from the game.. Epic. Also, it was difficult just getting to a level 30 so if you were a level 35 people would get scared before they even played you. H3s ranking was good too, but me and my fellow MLG level players feel it was a bit to easy to get to a 50. So somewhere between H2 and H3 difficulty would be fine but H2s difficulty just made you that much more of a Legend when you where a high level. 

- Clans/Clan Matches, it was amazing in H2 and really made a mark on players

- Rewards for Clan wins and rewards for actual Ranking up in Ranked playlists, i don't feel like we should be rewarded for playing just experience wise(time wise) like in H4 and reach. It takes away the feel of achievement since everyone else that plays the game can also get it just like you did without being GOOD at the game. I know developers are trying to make all players feel good, but this is Halo, it is where MLG started, lets not degrade that competitive spirit please.

- Firefight was way better than Spartan Ops, I felt like sparan ops was pointless imo.

- Bring back more old maps, competitive and big maps. Fan favorites or all of them would be sweet.

- Make campaign more memorable and give us more to do like finding skulls again and reward us with armor/customizables for doing things in campaign. 

Matchmaking

- Return descoping.

- AA's placed on the map with limited uses. As limited use map pickups, they can then be changed/buffed accordingly.

- Return duel wielding. Despite criticism for being either too OP or too UP, duel wielding can and will work if balanced properly. It could also be a huge selling point if the game markets the return of duel wielding.

- Join in progress either fixed or removed. Make it so that a game that is halfway through cannot be joined in on, to prevent players from joining games that are "lost causes".

- Ranking system alongside an exp. point system to give players something to aim for while playing the game.

- Limit loadouts to one primary precision weapon (BR, carbine, etc), and one secondary automatic weapon (AR, storm rifle, etc).

- Remove perks. They either force players to choose between perks that were originally base traits in previous games, or advantages that are unfair if other players chose differently.

- The concept of ordinance drops can stay, but the randomness needs to be removed. This includes POD's, as well as random weapon drops on the map. I dont mind the idea of weapons on the map getting delivered via ordinance, but they need to have set spawn points and the weapons delivered need to stay consistent (meaning if a Spartan Laser spawned somewhere the first time, it should spawn there always).

- Bring back the Spectre, the Revenant, or, preferably, both. The covenant need an equivalent to the warthog in the sandbox again.

- Playable Elites, with full armor customization like in Halo 3. Playable Brutes would be a nice added bonus, if they are to return.

- In conjunction with the above, if Brutes are to return, their entire arsenal from Halo's 2 and 3 should return as well.

Campaign

- Return of theater mode for all game modes.

- Return of Campaign scoring and linked achievements for scoring in each campaign level.

- Return of findable skulls. DO NOT give them to us on day one, let us look for them ourselves.

- Remove countdown kill boundaries, it is a cheap and lazy way to prevent players from exploring the extents of maps and levels. Even parts that the game doesnt want you to see should be accessible if the devs overlooked a small error that can be exploited by adventurous or lucky players. Instead, place map hazards like turrets, traps, or guardian objects that kill players who wander too far from the battlefield.

(Note: This is assuming that exiting the map/level doesnt give the player an advantage in MM, or the ability to skip through a large portion of a campaign mission.)

That's all I can think of for now, I'm sure I missed some stuff, but this is a pretty good list as it is now.

I will buy the game regardless. What really matters, honestly, is if people like the game. Many believe 343 screwed up Halo 4. Most of them will be willing to give a second chance. However, if those are not impressed with Halo 5, sales will drop dramatically for any future games.

For me, I need a balanced and fair game. I need to know that when I am beat, it isn't because of any function of the game is at fault, only my own tactical error. When I am killed by an unfair element of the game, I tend to freak out a little bit, and play more angrily. An unfair Halo game just makes me not want to play, and that's what it comes down to. I don't play Halo 4 because it is a mediocre game, and it is very unfair, and very unbalanced. 343 has pushed me away entirely from Halo 4. The only way I can enjoy halo in the slightest is by playing the Halo Reach MLG playlist, or the Halo 3 matchmaking. Both leave me wanting though, as most people in the MLG playlist are far superior players than I, and because there is no motion tracker, which is an element I prefer to play with. Halo 3 is great, but most games aren't BR starts, and the player is left outranged off spawn with the AR to those who have BR's, not to mention slow movement speed, projectile BR bullets and a lowish population.

343 needs to stop worrying about trying to boost sales by bringing in foreign elements that cater to "The Modern Shooter" crowd. They need to focus on creating a fair an balanced arena style gameplay experience first and foremost, of which there are non on the current market. If 343 is able to fill this niche well, they will see amazing success in their title, because it will be a fresh, new, and exciting experience for shooter fans. Releasing Halo 5 in the correct manner will allow 343 industries to reclaim almost all of their original audience, along with newcomers who simply just want to play a fair game that is decided by their skill as a player, not the strength of their loadout build, newcomers who are tired of the same old modern shooter formula that every title conforms to.

A few improvements:

-No Boltshot

-Longer despawn times of objects and weapons

-More vehicles

-Vehicles that aren't made of paper

-No plasma pistol and plasma grenades in the loadouts. Unless they don't have such a devestating effect on vehicular warfare.

-A ranking system that I don't go through in a few months.

-Ranks with military names instead of just numbers

The rest is all fine by me

To be honest, I don't care about anything in the game except for the music.

Like Elite said, change it!

343i Composers, please. Just make the predictability of the music based on the emotional output of the circumstance a lot less! I have played so much Halo that I can predict the song that is going to go with what you are doing in the game.

That's all I ask.

• Like 1

You know what they could do for me? How about getting their proverbial modeling asses in gear, and make the Spartans look like Spartans again, instead of these horrible Evangelion looking pieces of **** they call Spartan IV's! On top of that, let's be real here 343i, when are you gonna quit being so lazy on the engine side of things?

Real time reflections? Nope. Bungie did it back in 1999 on Legacy hardware running DX9a for christ sake! And what do we have with DX9c/SlimDX and DX11?!? Cubemaps?!?!? Come the **** on!

I can tell you this much, unless they shift their art design MM focus to more closely match cannon Halo and the experience of Halo 2/3, well....the ship is gonna sink fast. Nooooooo, lets not innovate the engine and experience to look more realistic. Lets not create something as immersive, that made Halo popular....no. lets immitate other FPS titles...that will surely win.

FAIL. Im callin it even before we see a lame full CGI trailer. I swear to holy Twam, if I see one frame of footage that isnt fully ingame rendered, im gonna destroy every bit of Halo that I have residing on my HDD. Coming from me, that says a lot considering I have 13+ years of Halo.created content that I still make even today. ****! Now im in a worse mood than when I came to this thread.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is how they can get me to buy Halo 5.

• No Sprint

• No Loadouts

• No Instant Respawn

• No Join-In Progress

• No Hit-Markers

• No Killcams

• No Grenade Indicator

• No Specializations

• Descope returned

• Friendly Fire returned

• In-Game CSR returned

Etc...

To be honest, I don't care about anything in the game except for the music.

Like Elite said, change it!

343i Composers, please. Just make the predictability of the music based on the emotional output of the circumstance a lot less! I have played so much Halo that I can predict the song that is going to go with what you are doing in the game.

That's all I ask.

Yus. Also don't forget that those who own speaker appreciate deep bass sounds.

Cough.

• 2 weeks later...