Biggest pain in Butter level of CE/CEA?

Sadly Just AL

Biggest Pain in the butter mission of Halo CE/CEA?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is the most evil pain in the butter?

Alright, it's time to face off the two biggest and baddest levels of this campaign. We know them as long, hard, and of course, just plain ol pure evil.

In this corner (pretend it's a corner! we are low on budget for this) we have the notorious old baddy, The Library!

And in the other one, the almighty hair pulling machine, Two Betrayals!

And now another candidate, the devil with gross squishy disgusting treachery of a level, Keyes!

Now vote away! And make sure to specify which one and a detailed analysis on why.

My personal twitch is the Library, repetitive where the rooms only change color and enemies, long as in 4 FLOORS of flood smeggery, and of course the biggest FU at the end when the platform at the top... Takes you back all the way down where you started... And then Guilty Spark teleports you! He could've done it all along... Crafty monitor. Though as consolation, two betrayals, your vehicular overkill and downright self hating gameplay is also what got you onto the list in the first place.

The level "Keyes". The part where you see Key's body within the form of a flood, right after it when the elites come in I'm just like, "Oh my god, leave me get out of this f***ing room! Yea, that mission was annoying, especially on the ground with the mass amount of Aliens and Flood. The library came close but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, still annoying to complete though... and long.

Was I the only one who actually enjoyed the Library?

I didn't mind it. Well, I think we're all on about legendary, otherwise I wouldn't say any missions were too difficult. Anyway, I think with Library it was more of a, "GOD DAMN IT, ANOTHER LEVEL?!" And, "OPEN THE DOOR ALREADY!" type of situation. " ^_^

Nah, it's okay... As long as the spaghetti arm popping things keep their distance.

But another thing on legendary.... Truth and Reconciliation.... The person who designed the first cruiser room is just insane.

Yep I agree I just did it earlier and with those 5 zealots it was insane and I never got marine reinforcements  

I vote for a secret vote option ...

The Halo 2 campaign go play that and once you finish it on legendary come back

YOU ARE A MAN NO MORE !!!

YOU ARE A GOD AMONG MEN !!!!!!! :D

Why thank you.

I did it 4 times.

Anyway, as for a relevant answer, I'd say it's a coin toss between Two Betrayals or Keyes. I actually find the Library easy. It was very, very hard the first time, but once you get past the psychological effect the level seems to inflict on you...it's easy.

Granted it's repetitive and long, but that doesn't make it hard. Just makes it take a while.

Two Betrayals though...screw you, second generator.

And Keyes, your outdoor section can go screw itself.

For me it was definitely The Library. The Flood just wouldn't stop. When I went up the first elevator I felt like I was almost done, but then I realized that i still had a few more to go...and they were almost twice as long as the first one. It was not only long, but extremely repetitive. Each floor was almost exactly the same and the Flood just kept on coming. I'm used to Legendary though, on Normal it might not feel as bad. I definitely find it to be the worst Halo CE/Halo CE Anniversary mission, or level, ever. The best part was reaching the end...then we started Two Betrayals. Two Betrayals wasn't as bad for me, Keyes was long and hard (don't get any ideas), but was still less agonizing than The Library.

Edited by UNSC Spartan-II

• 1 month later...

Whilst I enjoyed all levels, lemme put it this way (Since I always play on Legendary):

The Library- The infamous level with countless waves of Flood with Rocket Launchers and Shotguns and basically every weapon in the game turning every corner and pinning you down and overwhelming you relentlessly as you repeated cry, rip out you hair, and beat your controller against the wall for hours. So many memories.

Two Betrayals- Constantly getting your behind caught up in a crazy 3-way battle between Sentinels, Flood and Covenant while you are being endlessly bombarded with Wraith Blasts and Banshee Strafes. Endlessly make you plan your next moves as others have failed terribly as you keep dying for the entertainment of others.

Keyes- Running around in the dark whilst keeping your eyes peeled for an ambush from the Covenant and/or Flood as you make your way to the Covenant Battlecruiser in the dark, narrow canyons watching as your enemies fight each other. As you enter the ship, you see swarms of enemies in the hallways and have the best choice of tossing a grenade in there, yet other dropped from the now dead alien's grenades are primed after the explosion and fly towards your direction crazily, blowing your face off around the corner. Rage ensues as you keep making the same mistake over and over again.

Yeah, I'd say Keyes makes me mad the most out of any level. :)

Edited by Aʀᴅᴇɴᴛ Pʀᴀʏᴇʀ
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Keyes was really simple for me, and I did it on Legendary Solo. So I'm going to have to remove that from the list of votes. It was even easier in CEA. But yes, the sniper rifle was dumb on how you can't kill the flood with it.

The Library would have been my second most difficult for me. It got even easier on CEA telling you exactly where to go instead of walking into a trapped alley and having flood jump you from behind trying to go the RIGHT way.

But I would have to say Two Betrayals was terrible for me. Especially when you destroy the power nodes and lose your shields no matter what and the flood spawn behind you with the Rocket Launcher or 8 sentinels spawn at once and shoot you immediately. WAS not easy to get through, especially on Legendary Solo. So in other words, Two Betrayals keeps my vote from the very beginning. The Library isn't that scary, it's just long and has a lot of flood. 

• Like 1

I voted two betrayals. That mission just starts off Hard and is relentless throughout. Especially with the three way war going on between Covenant, Sentinels, and flood...It's just Havoc. Each faction you fight against has it's own weaknesses and strengths and you could be caught trying to fight one while not being prepared for the other. It's a long, tedious, power node booby trap mission that had me running low on oxygen by the time it was over.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

For me... IT WAS JUST TEH TWO BETRAYALS!!! Man I suck at Halo. D:

Same here for me I always seem to get nuked by the rocket launcher flood I can handle the first 2 pulse generators but trying to get to the 3rd and final one is like trying to run a marathon a very hard tricky level indeed.