Tips for a returning player?

Melody

I'll try and give you some tips, a lot of which is what I tend to do when getting back into halo but naturally I'm a above average Halo player so I know how to play, not saying that you don't it's just I don't have a life, haha! That and I've played all Halo games. :laughing:

The best weapons to use would be the DMR AND Battle Rifle. If you feel like your aim is a bit off, practice makes perfect but I think starting off with the assault rifle might be a good start when getting back into Halo 4. Of course DMR's and BR's are the best when in mid sized maps and large maps (To be honest I use them all the time regardless of map). I'd use the assault rifle on maps that have a lot of rooms, corners, cover and what not. ADRIFT, HAVEN, IMPACT, SOLACE and VORTEX I think are fine for using the Assault Rifle but that's just me.

Try not to run around in the open without good reason, maybe stay in 1 area for a little bit and then move on somewhere else, of course the spawns change to try and keep near team-mates. Returning directly to the scene of your death could end up badly. Don't insta-throw a grenade at the first glimpse of a hostile silhouette unless you have a good idea of where but hey I randomly throw grenades now and again, throwing grenades in small spaces is a big plus, it's more likely to hit the target but feel free to throw it at the enemy, a lot of the time it works out. Don't rush in for a melee kill when the other guy's five metres away with a full clip. And don't automatically pick the showiest streak rewards, like the SAW machine-gun or Rail Gun – an Overshield or Speed Boost may keep you alive for longer. Oh and if you have a power weapon such as a Shotgun and the Energy Sword, try and stay in well covered areas or even small places, basically not to much into the open.

Hope this helped, sorry if it's a bit long and if this seems like I'm giving you MLG tips, haha. I'm not but this is just a good way to play Halo, especially if your trying to get better. Heck I'm not pro or anything, but yea I hope these tip are useful. I'll come back to this thread when I think of more. :)

I'll try and give you some tips, a lot of which is what I tend to do when getting back into halo but naturally I'm a above average Halo player so I know how to play, not saying that you don't it's just I don't have a life, haha! That and I've played all Halo games. :laughing:

The best weapons to use would be the DMR AND Battle Rifle. If you feel like your aim is a bit off, practice makes perfect but I think starting off with the assault rifle might be a good start when getting back into Halo 4. Of course DMR's and BR's are the best when in mid sized maps and large maps. I'd use the assault rifle on maps that have a lot of rooms, corners, cover and what not. ADRIFT, HAVEN, IMPACT, SOLACE and VORTEX I think are fine for using the Assault Rifle but that's just me.

Try not to run around in the open without good reason, try to stay in 1 area for a little bit and then move on somewhere else, of course the spawns change to try and keep near team-mates. Returning directly to the scene of your death could end up badly. Don't insta-throw a grenade at the first glimpse of a hostile silhouette unless you have a good idea of where but hey I randomly throw grenades now and again. Don't rush in for a melee kill when the other guy's five metres away with a full clip. And don't automatically pick the showiest streak rewards, like the SAW machine-gun or Rail Gun – an Overshield or Speed Boost may keep you alive for longer. Oh and if you have a power weapon such as a Shotgun and the Energy Sword, try and stay in well covered areas or even small places, basically not to much into the open.

Hope this helped, sorry if it's a bit long and if this seems like I'm giving you MLG tips, haha. I'm not but this is just a good way to play Halo, especially if your trying to get better. Heck I'm not pro or anything, but yea I hope these tip are useful. I'll come back to this thread when I think of more. :)

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!

No problem!

Armour Abilities;

Hardlight shield - Good for deflecting bullets and although stops health regeneration, it can help you get away from danger, but it's split 50/50.

Active Camo - Can be useful if there are groups of enemies or just useful in general.

Regeneration Field - Of course is useful because it heals your health but I'd use it where you have time to regenerate and also try not to use this near enemies but sometime it can work out so don't be afraid to try thing out.

Tactical Package;

Shield Package - is good, as it regenerates your Shields quicker.

Firepower - is great, that means you can use 2 weapons!

Mobility - Allows for infinite sprint. Very useful.

Support Upgrades;

Ammo Upgrade - is good, doubles your ammo count.

Awareness - which allows you to see the map when using the weapon scopes, I recommend using this if you love using the sniper or just use the scopes a lot, other than that I wouldn't use it.

Dexterity - which speeds up reload and weapon swapping. Useful, especially when your in close battle situations.

Haha, there's a little more, those above are what I use. Seems like a lot to learn, huh? ^_^ It's not too bad when you get used to it, we've all been there.

I'm not incredible in Halo Matchmaking, but I'll share tips with you that I've been taught by members of this community:

• Strafe, Strafing is moving around (with the left joystick) to avoid being shot. This makes it much more difficult to be killed than if you were just standing still.
  • Aim for the body, at first. Learn how many shots it takes to take down the enemy's shield with each weapon, (3 shots for the Battle Rifle, 4 shots for the DMR and Light Rifle, 6 shots for the Covenant Carbine.) After you get their shields down, shoot the head and receive your kill. The reason to aim for the body the first few shots is so you don't miss with your shots and waste precious, precious time.
  • Map movement, Try to stay to the outside of the map (unless your team pushes a certain pint on the map) to avoid getting caught by enemy fire in the middle of the map.
  • Reload, Reload after each kill so you don't get shot reloading later.

Hope those help :)