Why did i bother to buy the DLC?

Fraggy Muffin

if you paid for the limited edition to get the DLC or you payed for the champions bundle you basically wasted your money the maps never ever get played its a joke

i got all the achievements for the DLC when the playlists were available and legit i might add except the hardlight shield which is impossible without boosting.

i didnt play halo for like 7 months and went on randomly the other day and discovered new DLC, i like to have complete achievements so i bought it. it never comes up, also all the other DLC maps never come up either.

basically once the dedicated playlists are gone the maps are never played again 

• Like 1

That's why I don't buy DLC, unless it's for a game I'm really loving. The last DLC I bought was for Borderlands 2, within 2 years that's all I bought. Knowing that feel bro! I'm not really sure if the DLC is worth the money because I haven't seen or played them but I've been there. When it comes to DLC Battlefield seems like the worst (I could be wrong but it's EA, quite an educated guess I'd say, haha).

• 2 weeks later...

The point is really don't buy dlc for a game unless it is really popular because in lots of cases one bit of Dlc comes out soon forgotten then the next and the next so what was the point of the other 2 maps nothing. You were kind of conned really. :(

BTW At least check if you can play the Dlc before you buy it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

What bothers me the most is that the maps are beautiful and we cannot play them. I play customs every so often with my friends on these DLC maps and I just can't stop wondering why more people don't have them. Probably by far the best DLC maps since Halo 2 but with the lowest population. Such a sad thing.

Maybe we should have a search setting that makes it so we only get put in games on maps included in the DLC?... Any playlist that isn't Slayer or Big Team seems to be getting the cold shoulder from most of the people on H4 so I don't know if a new DLC-only playlist would be the best idea.

There are rumors going around on the official forums that there is a DLc only gametype coming up.

That's no rumor. I think we have that coming up either later this month or early February of 2014.

Maybe we should have a search setting that makes it so we only get put in games on maps included in the DLC?... Any playlist that isn't Slayer or Big Team seems to be getting the cold shoulder from most of the people on H4 so I don't know if a new DLC-only playlist would be the best idea.

That could be implemented into the H5 system but that would make things somewhat complicated and doesn't solve H4s problem. I think it's a good idea, but it just can't be done within H4s time.

Unease P34nut, on 08 Jan 2014 - 11:41 AM, said:

There are rumors going around on the official forums that there is a DLc only gametype coming up.

Not a rumor: halowaypoint.com/headlines

Please post in the war games feedback section of the waypoint forums when it becomes available. We need dlc to stay, and honestly, the rotation crap is really annoying too. Dominion would be nice to have back.

Anyway, waypoint is the only place I've noticed 343 looks at (I may be wrong) so the numerous complaints and requests and observations made on this site would be of better use there.