Tomb Raider Director Leading Next Halo Project

BeckoningZebra1

The  next game in the Halo series will be led by Timothy Longo, who had previously worked as the creative director of games such as the Tomb Raider reboot and Star Wars: Republic Commando. Longo had also been working on an unannounced Star Wars first-person shooter just before LucasArts was disbanded and the property was purchased by Disney. Longo has joined the team behind the next Halo game as creative director, alongside franchise director and executive producer Josh Holmes at 343 Industries.

Halo_5.jpg

Outside of a teaser trailer released at E3 earlier this year, details about the next Halo game have been scarce. So far, what we know is that it'll again be developed by 343 Industries, run on a new engine at 60 frames per second on the Xbox One, and will be out in 2014.

SOURCE:IGN

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 5

I'd love if they impliment traps into the Halo 5 campaign, if 343i took some notes from Tomb Raider it would certainly make the game more interesting! Say you're on a mission and you come across 2 pathways, one way is the right way and the other is an eventual trap. You come across a trap door and there's some sort of slide that leads you deep underground, that leading you to having to find a way out, kill new enemies underground, discover forerunner relics and get rewarded for your effort when you find a way out or find rewards underground such as a new weapon or Armour Ability (If they still have them). This is just me mumbling on, haha.

• Like 1