Stepping Down from Site Moderator

Absolute Dog

I haven't been here too long but I just wanted to pop in and say you have contributed a lot to giving me a really good impression of the site. Always friendly and welcoming and that impression has extended to this whole forum community. While I may not be particularly active here I really appreciate the friendly atmosphere you have built up and the countless hours of work put into the site. Thanks AD.

• Like 5

AD... You will always be a legend...

Whilst I haven't talked to you that much, I would still consider you a friend. You've always struck me as an awesome guy, and will continue to.

You've made people laugh... You've protected us from trolls and haters...

You may not be doing the latter anymore, but the former shall remain.

We love you A.D :hugz:

We'll never forget you.

AXIOS!

• Like 4

O_O

Emotions.... Overload.... Overheat.... Rebooting....

Since I joined the site, you've always been that guiding force. Just kinda watching and waiting until the horn of GLORIOUS FORUM BATTLE sounded, and you'd ride in on a Horse made of Code and generally be B.A.

It's gonna be weird knowing that you've laid down your energy sword, so to speak.

You'd better not disappear! Or... I'll... I dunno... do stuff.

GOOBAI!

tumblr_lt6bwyt4RO1qgvhw6o1_500.gif

• Like 4

#1. This should be pinned.

#2. AD, I've known you for a while now. I have agreed with things you've done, and there are things I've disagreed on, and some things I've questioned... however, over 99% of the time you made the right decision for the forum. I've watched you grow as you've watched me grow (not in a creeper type way) and I've known a lot about you and you about me. You placed your trust in me and I placed mine in you. There have been a few bumps along the way, yeah... but nothing we couldn't work out or talk about.

Perhaps I can come visit you sometime, haha. We'll see. Anyways, good luck Absolute Dog. 

You are not just a good Christian friend, you are a great role model for everyone here and you've set an example that many hope to follow. 

You have my respect sir, and I hope that all goes well... I hope you enjoy the next chapter in your forum life. I wish you the very best, tell Quilts I said hello. ;)

• Like 6

Cant say I know you AD but I do know from the first time I played with you you are hands down one of the best representatives on this forum you made sure I know that the actions of others in the TNT night was not the way you wanted anyone to see or even think that this is how 343industries.org was.

Thank you Dog for being a outstanding and honorable player you are one of the main reason I am Here.

I look forward to seeing you again on the fields of old school halo any halo game.

• Like 5

Im not a man of many words but i want to say that you where the man... oh i mean dog who suported me during this time before and under my moderating time here. you where the one who apreciate me as the good player and forger I am the times we played together both in private games and on the playdates. You will be missed by all members here, hope to see you around maybe play with you again.

You will be missed never forgotten..

just for you i say good bye in swedish - Farväl min amerikanska vän, hoppas vi ses.

• Like 6

when i heard about you stepping down i had to come back, AD you have done so much for the site to help it grow and make it what it is today. you'll be missed and i hope you drop in to say hi every once and a while,  until then good bye and good luck. 

• Like 6

You will be missed as a Moderator, but I am sure you will be greatly welcomed to the status as a truly Legendary Member. You will forever have my greatest respect not only as a gamer but as a person, whom I have gotten to know quite well. a-beagle-puppy-pointing.jpg

Keep on being AWESOME Absolute Dog, I know that won't be to hard for you :).

• Like 5

I didn't know or speak to you but when someone of great stature has to leave/retire, it's always a sad moment. I've had my share of having to leave people I used to hang out on Xbox live back in Halo 2, had a nice close community going which includes a website. We always played Halo together and had one hell of a time. And, now I don't speak to them anymore. Sadly, times moves on But, the best thing about it is knowing you'll have those memories to look back on. Have a good one dawg! 

1323882446_dog_confused_by_video.gif

• Like 2

I guess this is why I need to get on here more often.  Even though I have been lurking in the shadows and keeping up on some of the post it was obviously not enough.  I should have been one of the first to salute my good friend on his day of retirement.  The Spades CGN is in order to show our appreciation to a man who has spent countless unpaid hours, unwarranted stress, and sleepless nights.  I will talk to Doggy Dog and figure out a time so that everyone can come and shoot him in the face, beat him in racing, or score higher in a minigame.  What better way to say thank you to a LEGEND....right?  This event will be announced when he chooses his date.

Now let me publicly thank you personally Dog and hopefully make you smile, maybe cry, but hopefully get embarrassed.  Dog and I started talking a few years ago and we both had one thing in common.  We wanted to unite the Halo community and improve the game however we could (actually that's 2).  Halo is hands down the greatest game in video-game history (halo 4 excluded) with undeniable statistics which swallow its competition.  With millions of gamers it is hard to stand out.  I had already been doing CGN for a couple years when I met Dog but he stood out from the thousands of gamers which joined in.  Let me point out a few reasons why.

Dog has a passion for Halo which few can even try to compare themselves to.  He was a life-timer Halo fan like me who had started with the first and seen it develop through the years.  His favorite being Halo 3, but I met him on Halo REACH which was a nightly event for both of us.  We were bouncing ideas, thoughts, and dreams off of each other.  His goals and ambitions were selfless and ultimately were to promote "a better Halo" and not himself.  This was a very rare thing which I sought out in those on my friends list.  Too many forgers, forum leaders, and cartographers were into self-promotion.  All though we have had tons of personal conversations on the phone or Xbox, most of them turned into who needed help, support, or motivation in the community.  He loves the members of this forum.  He worried about the personal lives of those members who shared their times of sorrow.  Although some know him as the authority figure with the banhammer from hell, all should know that he is a giant teddy-bear who truly cares about others. He is a great example of a true Christian. 

I have always seen Doggy as an old-fashioned mans man.  His chivalrous and unconditional actions toward his sweet wife IMAKEQUILTS were admired and revealed his softer side.  There was also the knock out yelling arguments, although entertaining, which exposed his stronger side.  There was countless conversations of "keep this between us" which stayed confident.  There were times when we leaned on each other and showed our emotions which let me know he was human.  Decisions were made which we stood shoulder to shoulder on.   Yet there were other decisions where our friendship required us to support each other.  Either way I always knew that I could count on him.

As some of you may know Dog is a former soldier who provided the freedom that our American members enjoy. Whereas, I was a boxer who got on ESPN twice.  It would have been pretty entertaining to record some conversations when you take 2 men over 6 foot with alpha personalities, strong confidence, stubborn determination, and will to survive a zombie Apocalypse and then tell them to agree on everything.  But despite any moments of strong words or questionable actions from either of us our brotherhood became stronger.  I don't think I would have developed my admiration any other way.  He has earned the two words which I don't give out easily, trust and respect.

I know that I speak for many of the 343 I members when I say we hope that the foundation you laid, example you have shown, and memories you have created will be carried on for years in your honor.

Your name is engraved on the cornerstone of this forum and as one of the greatest members.  Thank you Dog for your service.

• Like 7

the forums will never be the same. We will do the best to finish what you started, and make the forum a better place for all. you can be sure that we will pass on the word to other new members; and one things for certain, your services and work will not be forgotten, Because you are and always will be...a LEGENDARY MEMBER!

May the force be with you,

SNIP3m101 and all of the people here at 343industries.org

• Like 2

Well AD, when I joined here you did probably just resign and one of the first topics I saw on here was about your retire from the forum. I've always looked at you as some sort of God-like member, and I can remember perfectly the time when SJ was left alone as the only Moderator. Then you came back, and SJ left. Then you promoted RSR, and here we are, the cricle is closed. It's sad to see you leaving here again, but you've already done so much, no one will ever question your decisions.

Goodbye, and may God protect you and your family.

• Like 4

we will all miss you cos the things you have done for this forum is unbelievable and you really are a legendary member of this forum but please visit us sometimes if you can cos otherwise we will all be sad

• Like 1

I can't believe I did not see this sooner.

It really was an honor to see you in action Dog, both on the forums, and on the rare occasion that I saw you on the battlefield lol. As you say, it is the community who built this place up to what it is now, and I cannot agree more, but man, you, Jester and Twam did some damned amazing work laying down the foundations on which the community was built!

I know that you will be missed in your role and am glad that you have found somebody worthy of stepping up and taking over, but remember this my friend. Our Moderator :) You truly are magnificent, and to everybody else, I say we not feel saddened by the fact Dog is retiring, but instead celebrate!

Celebrate everything that he stands for. Everything that he has done and, the things he will come to do because if I know Dog, he will always be there to pull something out of the hat when we least expect it.

AD, it is a true pleasure knowing you and I hope you enjoy your time of retirement to its fullest!

YaADJIa.png

OUR MODERATOR

Edited by Iɴsɪɢɴɪᴀ
  • Like 8

I'm gonna be real honest with you, we were never friends and never really bounded. But you made this site what it is today and I gladly thank you for that. I hope you have a very merry Christmas. Your are a amazing person and I hope you come back and visit some time. Have a nice day.

Your, dear friend, Tucker.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wow AD, I have to say thank you for everything you have done.

I remember back to almost last year when I joined the forum and when I first said Hi, you were there to greet me and say hello and ask how I was doing. From there on, I participated in some play dates with you and had a really great time. You see, you really made this forum welcoming and amazing too everyone. Thank you for being the amazing mod you were. 

• Like 1