Stepping Down from Site Moderator

Absolute Dog

After a week of thought, here is what I wish to say here and now:

We all came to this site looking for a community that loved and believed in Halo. Each of us has chosen a different path on how we use and help the forums. Some have taken Staff positions, some create lengthy fan-made stories, others organize playdates, many play in playdates, forgers promote their maps, and people come to complain. 

But why do we do this? We care about Halo. We care about the game in one way or another. Because of this love we give ourselves to the forums to enrich that love. We all have taken different paths, but all have brought us here. 

Absolute Dog, you went above and beyond the call of the forums. You helped shape it into what it has become today. We all have, but you have had a bigger impact than most of us. I hope to see you around some time soon.

Remember:

Ad finem ludum ire impignorantur in eodem arca rege et

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhx-ZDIwu4w#t=0

Edited by Sikslik7
  • Like 9

This is actually really sad wow. I didn't even see this coming it's going to be different without you :c 
Thanks for being an awesome moderator for the short time I've been here so far  Absolute  :dog:

Thanks for helping making this site what it is now. 

Thanks for helping unite different Halo sites. That will no doubt have a huge positive effect on the Halo community, and when we're united when the next Halo game releases you can no doubt bet you're paw that you contributed to that. 

Edited by Buns
  • Like 8

So AD, I don't actually know you all that well. We haven't spoken much and I barely see you around due to timezones. Nevertheless, you were here since the very beginning - from when I joined last year.

I've seen your outstanding moderating skills at work, slapping order into those who break the rules. It hasn't all been the 'mighty wrath of AD' though, as I've seen you being very friendly to members on countless occasions. Indeed, I can only imagine the pressure you're going through.

I solute you for your extensive time of service.

It's not all bad though, because I bet you'll look good in gold. ;)

I'll now end with this:

• Like 9

Absolute Dog... Friend... Father-figure... When I was in a bad place, the vision of being someone like you brought me out. A kind, and amazing human being.  I want to thank you for that. Wherever you go in the future, whatever life holds for you,  I wish you the best of luck. Goodbye sir. Go out with a bang.

-Edward

• Like 8

Absolute Dog. You are perhaps one of the greatest and most influential people I have met over the Internet... ever. I joined in 2012, coming in completely unknowing of the adventures I would have. However when I needed help and there wasn't a Community Moderator there, you always were. I cannot imagine my time on the site without you, and I have to say: Twam picked well. You did to, RSR will be an extremely amazing successor.

I hope this is the right choice for you. Good luck with your future endeavors.

~HaloGeek, and love from Russia

• Like 8

I'm in the same boat as Gryffin; Time Zones hampering our time together. However this did not stop me from witnessing your moderating prowess on more then one occasion. There is no doubt that your Moderating skills will be missed. And i'll see you in the Shout Box as a yellow now (timezone willing, of course). Thank you dearly for your services to this Community. 

• Like 7

I would like to say that Big Dog was a major impact  on how this site runs today. From what he said up in his original post, you can tell he helped this forum grow to its full extent. Dog you are a very humorous and pleasant person to be around, and I just wanna say thank you for everything you did that assisted this website and its members. I will carry on the dog will. I Promise

• Like 8

Now that the little ones are down for the night, I want to take the time to give you proper thanks.

We joined the site around the same time. Then it was a small (under 5,000 member), close-knit community with a common interest... Halo. I witnessed your transition from purple to blue, blue to yellow, and yellow to orange. The time and energy invested could never be measured as even when you were not on site, you still worked diligently behind the scenes to help shape what we see today. Your latest effort of bridging the gap between Halo sites is a feat that still baffles me, requiring you to be in constant contact with affiliates and maintaining a repor that would bring the communities together.

You never asked for thanks. You did it because of the passion you had for the game and the general desire to give us the best experience a forum could offer. Thank you for helping shape this community. Thank you for the energy you brought to the community. Thank you for the laughter and pranks. Thank you for the endless hours of gaming and the endless hours of conversation. Most of all... thank you for the friendship you offer.

Oh and for those that would like to check out one of his first posts, click the link below. Took quite a bit of digging but found it lol.

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/858-hey-there/?hl=absolute

Later.... MOOK! :thumbsup:

• Like 9

It saddens me that we never had any extended interactions, and what makes it even worse is that we won't have that chance again in the foreseeable future. The 343i Forums have lost one of their best. This thread alone, and what everyone has said about you is a testament to your legacy.

Perhaps someday you will return. But in the meantime, I'll see you starside, Absolute Dog... sir.  :salute:

I'd post a Doge picture, but it just doesn't seem appropriate for this situation. Instead, all I can offer is this.

• Like 6

Now that the little ones are down for the night, I want to take the time to give you proper thanks.

We joined the site around the same time. Then it was a small (under 5,000 member), close-knit community with a common interest... Halo. I witnessed your transition from purple to blue, blue to yellow, and yellow to orange. The time and energy invested could never be measured as even when you were not on site, you still worked diligently behind the scenes to help shape what we see today. Your latest effort of bridging the gap between Halo sites is a feat that still baffles me, requiring you to be in constant contact with affiliates and maintaining a repor that would bring the communities together.

You never asked for thanks. You did it because of the passion you had for the game and the general desire to give us the best experience a forum could offer. Thank you for helping shape this community. Thank you for the energy you brought to the community. Thank you for the laughter and pranks. Thank you for the endless hours of gaming and the endless hours of conversation. Most of all... thank you for the friendship you offer.

Oh and for those that would like to check out one of his first posts, click the link below. Took quite a bit of digging but found it lol.

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/858-hey-there/?hl=absolute

Later.... MOOK! :thumbsup:

And that, Is what make a robot cry... man, You really hit the emotions there. :cray: Your one hell of a good friend.

• Like 2

A bit late but its here in the end

Thanks for all the hard work being a mod AD I wish you luck in you're future endeavours it must have been hard being a mod but you kept being awesome and got though it and turned this site into a grade a ossim pussim community Troll free

Never ever stop trucking and keep being awesome.  :clap:

Edited by Ranger447
  • Like 4

Dog... You will be missed. You were hands down one of the single greatest mods that I have ever had the pleasure of getting to know. You were generous, courteous, and laid back... Yet some how you managed to also be remarkable cool. I don't wanna get all mushy and such- so I won't say any more... It's just... *wiping tear from my eyes*.. You were like a brother, ya know? And I'm gonna miss you. (I promised my self I wouldn't cry... PROMISE BROKEN!)

It was an honor to get to meet you, I will never forget you man... Peace out.  :salute:

10HAAQO.gif

• Like 8

As one of the first people I saw on the site when glancing around in the forums, it's a sad time to see you depart from the massive shoes you've made as the site moderator or caretaker, if you will. Though that being said, the amount of positive content and memories you created for the site will never leave which we all as members appreciate truly.
I could barely comprehend how you could continue to stay up so late and get up so early in the morning just to get onto the site and work hard on projects and complete daily moderating tasks that you set for yourself and then working with others to get a variety of other things completed. That dedication really stood out to definitely not just myself, but the whole site. It's a real shame that someone who brought so many memories to so many people has to depart, but everything you created helped shape the site to which it is now and can never be undone. Your Forge Contests, random giveaways and even little site competitions didn't have to be made at all, yet you spent weeks onto each and worked out in a selflessness act the best way to make members have a great time here, and you made it work brilliantly which I doubt anyone could live up to again.

Thanks for all the memories you made for everyone, and thanks for the time you spent making the site a pleasant experience for the rest of us.

• Like 5

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Nonononono. You shouldn't be thanking us - that's what WE say. Thank YOU from the bottom of our hearts. You deserve it, silly doge food. Your time here has absolutely changed our lives for the better, even if in just the tiniest ways possible.

<3

Edited by Cerulean Buster
  • Like 3