Halo Spartan Assault Xbox One Release

Dog

Halo: Spartan Assault for Xbox One will land on December 24th, Microsoft has confirmed, though Xbox 360 owners will have to wait into the new year to get their hands on the much-anticipated game. The title – which slots in-between the plots of Halo 3 and Halo 4 in the in-game universe – will be offered as a digital download for the next-gen console, after having gone on sale for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 users earlier in 2013, though there’ll be some new tweaks to suit the Xbox One.

For the Xbox One, there’ll be 1080/60p graphics in addition to a new online multiplayer option. That adds five new missions played from a top-down camera view, for cooperative multiplayer gaming; you’ll need an Xbox Live subscription to access it, though, and Microsoft points out that it’s not cross-platform compatible between Xbox One and Xbox 360.

Meanwhile, there are also new enemies that have been added in the Xbox version, with the Flood debuting in Spartan Assault, and new weapons – like the original Halo Battle Rifle – and armor to fight them with. The game will be integrated with the Xbox One Achievements system, too, keeping track of your play.

source-slashgear

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 4

I just hope the game is as good as I heard it was. It should be, and even if it's not I will still get it regardless... I want to get the Xbox 360 version but if I get a Xbox One down the road it would be best to get it on that due to the better graphics and audio, plus extra features... The real question now would be... What happens, or what would you get for owning all versions of the game? Like if you bought a Windows 8 PC/Device and got the game, then you download the 360 version, and then upgrade to the X1 and get it again? Are all achievements separate? Would you have to re-purchase them all separately? Would you get special rewards?

It'll be interesting to see how they figure it all out and what path they decide to choose.

What the hell! I just read on Waypoint that they were released today (12/15/2013)!!!!! Now they're waiting!? What the hell guys... Anyways, I'm going to just buy it then... But they should really be more accurate on dates like that...

• 3 weeks later...