Sort out the combat names!

gollum385

Which should we have  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which should we have

• Keep it like reach (pummeled beatdown assasinated)
    • Make it like before (beat down assasinated (& execution))

One of the smallest but in my opinion a strangely frustrating aspect of halo reach is the names of the combat things.

Beat down has now become pummeled, which i think is the worst decision ever

assasination has become beat down, to add to the confusion

and the animated killings are called assasinations

for one, the 'beat down' medals contain ninjas, who assasinate, not beat down!

My soltuion is simple, change it back beat down assasination, and make the animated killings (which are quite cool) called executions, as effectively that is what you are doing to the opponent.

Do people agree? If people have a better name for the animated killings, or if they like the reach version a better name for pummeled i'd love to hear it

• Like 1

I guess i can agree with what you are saying TxSpartanO07. would be interested to know which option you picked on that basis then?

It seems about 2/3 of the people agree with my side of the story. I'm interested in the third that are in favour of reach, why you prefer those names over the halo 3 ones. If it is the execution name i have generated, is there another name that would make you prefer that option?

Other ideas for the animated assasinations

slaughtered

eliminated

slayed

finished

dispatched

butchered

sliced/knifed

do people prefer any of these to executed? for those who voted in favour of reach, would a name like this make you change your mind? any other ideas from people is welcome.

Out of interest, does anyone think there could be a new type of melee kill medal/name?

for example killing from above (ambushed?), or based on the weapon you used. for example new medal and title sliced for energy sword, or impaled for using a brute weapon with their bayonets on the end.

or maybe even punched, when using your fists (could be used for some weapons ie in my thread on dual wielding viewtopic.php?f=16&t=622 i mention a jackal shield. If you just had the shield then you could use your fists to punch, or if you have the option to have no weapons).

I definately hope halo 4 has a lot more medals, as they allow for a more specific analysis of how a person gets their kills, what they do most, and gives an indication of how good they are.

I guess i can agree with what you are saying TxSpartanO07. would be interested to know which option you picked on that basis then?

It seems about 2/3 of the people agree with my side of the story. I'm interested in the third that are in favour of reach, why you prefer those names over the halo 3 ones. If it is the execution name i have generated, is there another name that would make you prefer that option?

I didnt vote, because it does really matter to me. As long as I get a kill it can say whatever it wants. But, I do think the way reach did the melee kills was weird at first, took some getting used to. H3 was fine, and made sense however, reach gave me a way to track exactly how I got kills. I dont dislike H3 due to the way its done there, nor do I preffer reach for its medals. Whatever they decide will be fine with me, after I get used to it.

When you say track exactly how you got kills, do you mean in terms of whether it was a pummeled, beatdown or assasination? because again i think the extra medal was good, just there names were wrong imo. Also like he idea i previously posted about even more medals for things like the sword or with a weapon with a bayonet, would also give a good indication of how you got your kills. Maybe others for killing an enemy with a grenade (directly rather than explosion), or for using an explosive weapon like rockets etc.

Or maybe when it says killed with put it there, otherwise it might get a bit confusing with a different name for each type of kill.

Would be useful though, someone with a keen eye could realise that the person who died was killed by someone with an explosive weapon or sword. it can be frustrating when people in party chat/who dont talk dont give you information like this, can be valuable in competitve matches.

Is there anyone who actually disliked the assasinations from reach (the animated kills). I personally didnt find them amazing, but definately didnt mind them being in the game. Not sure they quite lived up to the reputation of being a replacement to teabagging though!

When you say track exactly how you got kills, do you mean in terms of whether it was a pummeled, beatdown or assasination? because again i think the extra medal was good, just there names were wrong imo. Also like he idea i previously posted about even more medals for things like the sword or with a weapon with a bayonet, would also give a good indication of how you got your kills. Maybe others for killing an enemy with a grenade (directly rather than explosion), or for using an explosive weapon like rockets etc.

Or maybe when it says killed with put it there, otherwise it might get a bit confusing with a different name for each type of kill.

Would be useful though, someone with a keen eye could realise that the person who died was killed by someone with an explosive weapon or sword. it can be frustrating when people in party chat/who dont talk dont give you information like this, can be valuable in competitve matches.

thats what I mean, I dont care what they are called, it could be punched out, ***** slapped, and stabbed to death. I can still look at my stats in a way I would like to. I like having lots of medals. Makes things fun.

Thats fair enough. I do like the extra medals reach had, and hope newer halo's have even more, to better reflect the gameplay, and also allow people to show off their kills better (i'd love a cone kill medal for example). I think things like more weapon spree medals would be cool, aswell as funny things like a groin shot kill. Also cool things like getting a kill whilst on a grav lift or going over a mancannon would be good, as that can be hard to do.

I agree. Still confuses me when it says beat down instead of assassanated( iknow i spelled it wrong) plus i would like to have the melee system from H3 instaed of reaches, it might just be me but i cant hit a damn thing in this game.

• 2 weeks later...

but change execution to Knifed

-_-

OP, I honestly couldn't care less. It doesn't alter gameplay in the slightest so it doesn't concern me. Since Reach was a 'spin-off' expect Halo 4 to have the more traditional 'combat names'. Who knows, though.