How does master cheif understand the covies words?

Touquisi

The covi, they speak another language than any on Earth so why do I only understand them when playing as master cheif and not when im spartain fours or any one else? and not just why dont the others understand, how does master cheif understand them? please answer.

Thanks

Even then in Halo 4, you aren't able to understand what they're saying, whether you're playing as the Chief or not. I prefer it when the Covenant say funny things when they're trembling in fear of their impending doom rather than babbling incomprehensible gibberish.

• Like 1

The armour chief was wearing in Halo ce had a built in translator but it didn't translate correctly but when he got his armour in Halo 2 it works fine and translates correctly. :)

thats actually the best way to put it 

She basically would tell him if he couldnt understand himself  and most of the AIs arent anywhere close to Cortanas level 

The armour chief was wearing in Halo ce had a built in translator but it didn't translate correctly but when he got his armour in Halo 2 it works fine and translates correctly. :)

Wait how did Chiefs older armor have a translator when newer spartan armor didn't? That makes no sense. Cortana just translated it for him.

Nope Bnus the translator is built in because as of  most of Halo 3 chief was alone but yet he understood what Arbiter and the Elites and grunts etc where saying. :)

Nope translators are not built in.

Besides the fact the aliens spoke english in Halo 3 please explain to me how MC's older armor is more advance than that of a S4? 

Edited by Buns

Nope translators are not built in.

Besides the fact the aliens spoke english in Halo 3 please explain to me how MC's older armor is more advance than that of a S4? 

It is evident that aliens are quite bilingual... and possibly even multilingual. After all... they are supposed to be more advanced than Humans.

Okay Bnus when chief first got his mark 5 armour it had a built in translator the but the translator was flawed and didn't work to well but once he got mark 6 it worked find and he was able to understand covie words pretty well because the translator worked. :)

Please site your sources because for all that I know you're making things up with "built in translators"

How come crimson or majestic team didn't have built in translators? There armor is more advance they are S4's.

It is evident that aliens are quite bilingual... and possibly even multilingual. After all... they are supposed to be more advanced than Humans.

Again this helps prove my point. 

btw they are technologically advance. I highly doubt a grunt can beat a Spartan in a calculus exam.  So calling them "advance" is...... ehhh.... well......... Perhaps more advance than most of humanity.(And Kat) 

Edited by Buns

Okay, first of all, they DO have built in translators. In Halo: CE, Covenant speak they're own language. In Halo 2 and 3, The Covies speak English. In Halo 4, they speak they're own language. And just to clear things up with the Spartan IV's being better than II's, they really weren't.

First off show me proof then I will believe you(of the built in trnaslators)

Second if you read what I wrote you would know I was talking about the armor of the S4's not the actual combat experience or individual Spartan. 

It doesn't seem illogical at all to think that the Covenant could've learned Human language. I mean everyone remember the Librarian and the Didact? They both talked to Master Chief in English.

So my theory is that the Forerunners and Covenant learned and taught English. It would make sense that some Covenant would start "schools" to teach English considering how valuable the ability to intercept transmissions, interrogate hostages, and investigate Human items (i.e. notebooks, blueprints, etc.) would be in war.

• Like 1

*Bnus unless you meet my in the shoutbox sadly I cannot get you a link to my sources because for some reason I cannot link stuff in posts. :)

You can PM me the link. We live in different timezones so we can't really always meet.

Also in Halo 3 the covies were speaking English. 

Bnus Pm does not work as well I tried so unless we meet by chance I don't see how I can show my sources. :(

Well you can always post it as a status update or comment on my profile.

Also allow me to quote a page from the paperback version of  Halo The Fall Of Reach.

This is from page: 286, Paragraph 5 of the revised edition

"Cortana has been programmed with every ONI computer insurgency routine," Dr.Halsey told him. "And she has a talent for modifying them on the fly. She has our best Covenant language-translation software as well."

There is more to the paragraph of course but it does not involve our discussion. 

In Halo 2 and Halo 3 the covenant spoke English. This is a widely known fact. 

Halo CE, and Halo 4 the covenant/storm covenant spoke their native tongue.(I only brought up the main games this is not counting the spin-offs)