As you may all know Paul Walker lost his life last week in a car accident, the makers of Fast & Furious have released a tribute video, which was shown on Sky News yesterday.

To all F&F fans I ask you, give 2 minutes of your forum time to watching this video and share a thought for Paul, his daughter and family.

I couldn't watch this video and keep a dry eye.

R.I.P. Paul Walker - Gone but never Forgotten

Although your a man I've never met, I feel as though your an old mate and a good friend, you've given me some much loved and cherished memories, you have no idea the impact you've made on my and many peoples life's thank you Paul Walker, my prayers are with your family and loved ones, Rest in Peace.

This post has been promoted to an article Edited by Absolute Dog
Added meta/keywords.
  • Like 5

Paul-Walker.jpg

Thanks for all the examples you set with your life style and faith, the joy you shared and work you did to entertain us.

Thanks for sharing this video Jester. Many of us have made connection with actors and/or the roles they play in movies. When they possess the qualities that we admire or aspire to have, we feel a bond with the character they portray and usually feel they are like that character in real life. With Paul it was true. Maybe not working for the FBI and stealing cars and loot, but the type friendships and love of cars that he was known for. It may not be widely known these days, but when he was much younger he was in the TV series Highway to Heaven with Michael Landon and another TV series called Throb. He also played roles in Pleasantville, Varsity Blues, She All That, Into the Blue and Flags of our Fathers - Directed by my role model Clint Eastwood. It would be a great be way to remember him and his work to watch some of his earlier roles along with his most iconic work in The Fast and the Furious series.

When I was young, soon after my own father died, I found a similar bond with both Clint Eastwood and Burt Reynolds. I admired Clint for his noted determination to fight injustice, always leveling the playing field for those who could not do it for themselves and doing it in a no nonsense way. From his westerns, Dirty Harry series, the military films, the Eiger Sanction, A Perfect World and Gran Torino are but a few examples of a long history of this style. He also starred in great romance, comedy and spoof films as well. Burt Reynolds was mostly known for his 'Bandit' roles where his iconic laugh and fun nature always won the day, but he too has made such films as Gator, Deliverance, Semi-Tough, The Cannonball Run, Driven, both Longest Yard movies (1974 & 2005) and Waterproof to name a small fraction of the classic movies he has starred in. He even played a voice role in Grand Theft Auto-Vice City.

Where many actors and actresses are seen publicly spinning out of control due to fame, money, drugs or socially unaccepted behavior Paul was a good example to have for a role model. Remember for him more than just the role he played on TV and in movies...........remember him for the kind of man he was in real life.

clint-eastwood1.jpg

Clint Eastwood

burt-reynolds1.jpg

Burt Reynolds

• Like 6