The Flood?

Knight

The flood is more or less in dis-array due to the loss of the grave mind which was the primary intellectual leader of the flood, and another thing to consider is the chief has been in a cryo chamber for 4 years, we don't really know what's happening in the halo universe at the moment, just be prepared to expect anything. All it takes is one flood pod to destroy and entire species, and with how adaptable and intelligent this parasite is we'll most likely see them in future games.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As seen in Halo escalation : A flood spore was seen in the cryo bay of the Spirit of fire

Some Flood escaped the Galaxy before the Halo fired

Some Halo rings still have flood on them

Some Forerunner facitlies still have flood in them. :)

The Flood are still alive and kicking for sure.

Edited by Caboose the Ace

As seen in Halo escalation : A flood spore was seen in the cryo bay of the Spirit of fire

Some Flood escaped the Galaxy before the Halo fired

Some Halo rings still have flood on them

Some Forerunner facitlies still have flood in the. :)

The Flood are still alive and kicking for sure.

they are definitely around as they left AFTER the first proper firing of the Halos by the forerunners and the only Flood that ever 'escaped' containment were on Installations 05 and 04

• 3 weeks later...

All this talk about the Flood, and the likelyhood that they are still out there (in whatever capacity) leads me to speculate what the future might hold for the Halo series. 

What if at some point the Flood do make a resurgence and finally become as much of a threat to the galaxy now as they did to the forerunners so many years ago. And what if it possibly lead to the Masterchief or some other inidivudal/group to decide that the Halo rings are the only solution. I think if that was told right, it could bring the story to a full circle and might make for a dramatic ending worthy of the franchise.

• 4 weeks later...

I hope they return on halo 5 because I have halo reach and halo 4 which do not have the flood and I really want to encounter them.

You can still play Halo 2 and Halo 3, both of which contain the Flood, on Xbox 360, if you are so inclined. In fact, those two are widely considered the greatest of the Halo titles.

You can still play Halo 2 and Halo 3, both of which contain the Flood, on Xbox 360, if you are so inclined. In fact, those two are widely considered the greatest of the Halo titles.

Halo 2 can only be purchased for the old xbox atm and Halo CE can be bought on the marketplace same with Halo 3