The Flood?

Knight

I've always been wondering what had happened with the flood, they don't explain why the flood is not there. I was looking forward when I got the game to encounter the flood and see how they would look. In my opinion, halo is not the same to me without the flood.

• Like 1

But that does NOT explain the ones on the original ring as well as the second ring that didn't blow up whatsoever. Never really had that explained, also what about any other forerunner planets or locations that hold flood specimens?

Oh yeah, didn't think of that.

Maybe there were some on requiem that snuck on board the infinity before it left.

Honestly I think the flood are done I do not think they will be returning in the halo series anytime soon.

Actually The Flood will make an appearance on the Xbox One and Xbox 360 port of Halo: Spartan Assault as full on Enemy combatants.

halospartanassaultconsolecontentscreensh

Now exactly how they fit into the story is beyond me, since Halo: Spartan Assault is after Halo 3, and a prequel to Halo 4.

• Like 1

Man, Spartan Assault might have the flood, but I still have doubts about the flood coming back to the storyline, as SA doesn't look too much like a story game but rather a simple action game instead.

Spartan Assault has a full story. It's about Palmer and UNSC trying to stop a rogue Covenant Faction from obtaining a Planet Destroyer Machine. From what I've heard its not just mindless killing in Portable form.

I'm just wondering how the Flood will play out in the story. The game is between 3 and 4 (I think), so therefore, If Palmer is fighting the Flood, then they are obviously not defeated like we were led to believe in Halo 3 (but I already knew that. There are some spots in the Galaxy were Flood still reside. Like samples stored on some of the Rings, and what seems to be full infestation of the surface of one of the Halos.)

I'm thinking the chances of Flood returning in Halo 5 are pretty good.

If there are rings that have samples and a ring that is infested, I believe something either in Halo 5  or SA something will happen so that my guess will be that Someone from the UNSC has to go to an area infested and from there bring the flood back into the game.

Spartan Assault has a full story. It's about Palmer and UNSC trying to stop a rogue Covenant Faction from obtaining a Planet Destroyer Machine. From what I've heard its not just mindless killing in Portable form.

I'm just wondering how the Flood will play out in the story. The game is between 3 and 4 (I think), so therefore, If Palmer is fighting the Flood, then they are obviously not defeated like we were led to believe in Halo 3 (but I already knew that. There are some spots in the Galaxy were Flood still reside. Like samples stored on some of the Rings, and what seems to be full infestation of the surface of one of the Halos.)

I'm thinking the chances of Flood returning in Halo 5 are pretty good.

I think what he meant was that they may not return to the main version of halo. Because Spartan Assault does have a story just not the gameplay and story of previous halo titles. 

The Flood will never ever ever be gone ever. They are older than humanity. They are older than than the Forerunners. They are even older than the Prescursors. The Flood is what caused the fall of the latter two species, and they nearly destroyed humanity a hundred thousand years ago (when the Forerunners and the human, though not as we know them, coexisted). They can be and are anywhere in the vastness of distant space, whose origins are unknown and whose Graveminds bear thousands of years of knowledge. They are kind of like Mass Effect's Reapers in role, but act much slower and randomly, so the extinction of the galaxy's ruling specie is gradual and definitive. They were not on Requiem because because the planet (an artificial structure like the Halos, also like Onyx and Trevelyan) was a shield world built to protect against invasion and stay outside of the Halo Array's blast radius, as it was initially built as a safe-haven for humanity to regrow after the Forerunners devolved them to what we recognize as human now. Unfortunately, the Ur-Didact held the construct as his own to survive the first Halo Array firing, in an effort to return one day to destroy humanity against his wife's (the Librarian) will. Earth (known as Erde-Tyrene) became a last-ditch location for the rest of humanity and for the Librarian, for it lies on the edge of the blast radius, though no one knows if any humans are alive on the Lesser Ark as well, presumably with the Iso-Didact (at least if I remember correctly. Feel free to correct, you Halo lore junkies). The first Halo Array firing, which destroyed all life for hundreds of lightyears, could not end the Flood, so I have no reason to believe a few-year firefight with them will either. Another Gravemind will grow in the galaxy, and the Flood will be reborn.

The flood were the result of a defect from powder which the Precursors had turned themselves into and left behind after the ancient Forerunners destroyed them. The Flood are almost completely mandatory to the Halo universe, at least the story line we're currently indulged with in.

Besides, the Flood are prophecized to return to test Humanity, and the Flood we faced already are kittens to the original Flood the Ancient Humans and Forerunners faced.

At some point we will face the Flood.... Because we have too. 

• 1 month later...

The flood are not destroyed in any way, there are still flood spores one some halo rings and somewhere in the universe still flood controlled planets. There is a spartan-iv training program to train against the flood. Infection in the halo 4 MP is one of those. However they are just an assumption to what they could become. 

The most horrifying thought is a flood infected spartan. A trained killing machine, with an armor capable of lifting tanks. The flood themselves ar known to overstep the physical boundaries their host is capable off, it would be a complete nightmare if one ever existed.

The entire game series is named after the weapons designed to halt them, so i presume they will return. Most of the hate for the flood comes from people who don't like the way the flood act in game, not the idea themselves. If the flood come back (which they definitely should) it could be from many sources. I mean the Installation 04b didn't even fire, it overloaded because of chiefs premature activation, so there could be a very large, very angry Gravemind and his horde rebuilding through the 4 years between Halo 3 and Halo 4. Also Installation 05 is still quite infested with flood, I dont think the UNSC, even with Infinity and a new batch of spartans, could handle what 2401 Penitent Tangent and 100,000 years of sentinels couldn't.

There is an active Halo dissasembly project going on. Halo 4 actually goes to one of those. to be honest if the flood ever take over, I think the Halo's should be considered. I'm wondering if the tech in a Halo can actually be reverse engineered to function as a localized weapon. If the Sangheilli could combine it with there glassing tech, maybe then there is a way to stop the flood.