tns22

26 members have voted

1. 1. When I see a teammate assassinating someone, I...

• Shoot the victim with whatever I've got.
    • Let my teammate get the kill

Whenever I see a teammate assassinating someone, I stop attacking and move on, because they have the kill and the enemy no longer poses a threat, but I've been noticing that whenever I start an assassination, all of my teammates in the nearby area do whatever they can to stop it, even if there are other enemies nearby.  What do you do when you see a teammate begin an animation?

• Like 3

Provided the assassination is being carried out by a teammate, I tend to try and avoid stealing assassinations because it feels kind of unfair to take away a moment which is genuinely awesome for someone else: the only times I'll deliberately go for a yoink medal are when I'm playing with people I actually know and who I can tease about it later (like Community Events or matchmaking with friends) or when that person has already deliberately yoinked one of my own assassinations, because I'm petty.

That said, I'm quite happy to steal other player's assassinations if it's a free-for-all match, or they're on an opposing team on multi-team.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I find it annoying when you're about to finish an assassination, you die and the guy you pretty much should've killed.. lives. What I find even more annoying is when a team mate takes your kill when you know you have that assassination in the bag. It doesn't really bother me but it's just one of those things in Halo.

everyone gets an assassination when the chance arises. you want others to not mess with your kill unless your already half way through and still manage to get the kill, otherwise, you dont want them to mess with your kill so why should you mess with theirs. and what point are you proving? that your a non team player or perhaps your that jerk who wants to screw the team over. while im at it, lets all steal your kills because you keep screwing our assassinations. enough said

Yes, I yoink every chance I get.

Nobody gets assassinations on my team in front of me. If you dare to, I will take it from you and then t-bag the air to display dominance.

The hatemail is incredibly entertaining and makes it worth it. Probably more satisfying then actually assassinating someone.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't Yoink. I didn't even understand why you could earn a medal for it in Reach. The only times I yoinked was because of an accident, someone started an assasination while I was shooting the enemy or because the assassin yoinked me before.

I absolutly hate people who stop with everything they're doing and throw their full arsenal of weapons at the player who you're assassinating.

Edited by Unease P34nut
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I only yoink unless I'm doing it deliberately to annoy a friend I'm playing with, apart from that I believe that whoever started the kill should finish it, and if they can't then others assist.

Taking a kill away from someone when they're in the act of killing is a bad sports move in my opinion.

• 1 month later...

yoinking isnt a problem in any free for all scenario, but to intentionally take someones assassination in a team based game mode is a pretty messed up move, in

most cases an assassination is something the player has to work a little harder for and its a pretty sick feeling to get one since you have complete power over

the enemy that your taking on, its almost like a kill and teabag all in one, i can see if you and a teammate are taking on the same guy and he takes the

assassination away because he was still attacking, but if im in the middle of one and a guy just picks him off to benefit himself im going to be a little frustrated,

imagine jumping off the tallest point of map on an enemies head who's at ground level in an attempt to pull off an assassination and at the last moment you find 

yourself standing there without points on your screen because some **** just jacked your kill, all im saying is that assassinations need to be respected more, and

if at all possible make it so that kill cannot be taken by a teammate

I let them get the assassination. Whenever an enemy is being assassinated, it attracts his teammates. Especially in SWAT. That's where I KNOW I can get my own kill. So in other words, I'm a team player. But the only time I'll take their kill is if they do it in front of the enemies. That way I can spare his life some time and help me finish off the enemies.

• Like 1

I feel that the possibility of being yoinked is what makes assassinating a player take more skill, because you have to make sure no one's gonna be there to steal it. Besides, if you get yoinked, it's your fault for trying to assassinate. You should've just beat down. Sure it's less satisfying but it's more tactically smart if you really think about it.

• 4 weeks later...

I guess it depends on my mood for that day... If I'm feeling particularly jerkish and having a sucky round, I'll probably end up yoinking and then feeling bad for it later. If I'm doing well in the match and see my teammate assassinating, Ill let them finish the job. Unless my teammate was being rude earlier and yoinked me, I'm the type that wants revenge.

I always try to avoid yoinking assassinations, reason for this is. I have empathy, it always annoys me when people yoink my assassinations so I don't do it to other people. Also I think that the only reason the yoink medal was even invented was to cause pure rage :wallbash:. I mean just the absolute mocking tone in the commentators voice is so enraging, just the way he says it just makes you want to throw your controller at the screen. He says it in much more of a high pitched voice than he usually uses and he stretches the word out a lot longer than he usually would just so you hear it clearly and you know exactly what happened. Arrrrgh it just makes me wanna punch whoever invented it, I bet he's got the biggest :troll: on whenever he does it :mad:.

• 1 month later...