e299acc8-fb31-41d3-af5d-e2a05f865fca.jpg

cooltext1300443677_zpse05880e6.png

We are very proud to announce the 2v2 Forge Tournament being held in partnership with our affiliates at the photo.jpg and halo_customs_zps5e9e7840.png. This forge contest will be collecting the best maps that our communities forgers can build and be used in an upcoming Halo tournament to be held between the same affiliates after the judging maps takes place.

undr zid has graciously created a complete forum for map submissions, map submission guidelines and discussion which can be found here or by selecting the affiliate image below that is used at the Cafe for selecting your home site. Be sure to read the submission requirements and deadline.

Forge Cafe's unique site selection banner, give it a try!

2v2_contest.png

The winning maps selected for the tournament will get a feature video on our affiliates YouTube channel, featured in our Map Room Showcase and receive various from the participating sites!

• Like 6

About time this was announced here. Really excited about this contest. Hope a lot of people from all sites will participate and submit maps.

Friends1.gif

Just to be clear, guys. Maps will not be submitted in this thread. They will be submitted at Forge Cafe so make an account there if you haven't already (I know how some of you tend to skim announcements :P).

Full rules are there as well.

Best of luck to everyone!

Edited by Zandril
  • Like 2

36a250c53df2689dbe3df8100c818d01-525f041

Drew up some ideas. I'll start this weekend. I think the best course of action is to try to help each other as much as possible. Let's have our site build some of the best maps!

The Cafe will emerge triumphant!

The official gametype has been released!

Settings Change List (vs. standard Infinity Slayer)

- Score to win: 250
- Time Limit: 15 minutes
- Team Changing: Disabled
- Loadouts: Pre-set Game Loadouts
- Respawn time: 5 seconds
- Death Cam: Disabled
- Random Ordnance: Disabled
- Personal Ordnance: Disabled
- Radar: Teammate Only
- Movement Speed: 110%

Game Loadouts

Infinity 1

- Primary: Battle Rifle
- Secondary: Magnum
- Grenades: 2x Frag
- Armor Ability: None
- Tactical Package: Resupply
- Support Upgrade: None

Infinity 2

- Primary: DMR

Infinity 3

- Primary: Covenant Carbine

Infinity 4

- Primary: LightRifle

* Initial ordnance is enabled, but it's not necessarily mandatory to include Ordnance drops in your map. It is up to the forger in determining what weapons work as Initial Ordnance drops and what weapons work as normal weapon spawns.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I do not have enough time to finish my map, so I just added some of the basic ideas into it real quick and uploaded it to my fileshare. Feel free to use it for your map or a second map:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/players/sikslik7/halo4/fileshare#!/?section=GameMap&SearchDate=7&SortBy=2&view-select=Tile&startIndex=0&details=a010046a-27e0-48ec-a2a0-599c0dffa093

PM me for my thoughts and ideas behind it

• 3 weeks later...

Just found this a little bit ago. When do the maps have to be submitted in? Because, if there's still time I might be able to make a map real quick, but I won't try to rush. I hope to see EVERYONE'S creative maps! May the best win :D! One more question, would it be considered cheating if I got one of my friends to help me make my map? Because if I am not mistaken, this Forge Tournament won't be going on for long, so I will obviously need help from some one else.

Edited by тυ¢кєя