After two years of playing Reach without Xbox Live and this happens.

FatalRaptor613

Yesterday I decided to play Halo Reach after a while of offline gameplay (I didn't had Live for quite a while). I get a notice at the menu saying my offline credit limit has been reached. I either forfeit 50000 or my armor won't appear. I decided to forfeit the credits. Then I realized that all my armor was gone (except for my recon helmet from the preorder) and was no longer purchased. I was also demoted to Sergeant Grade 1 (I think I was Colonel before). Why the hell does it do this?! I was so pissed I stopped playing it.

this has been there since Reach started, the reason you revert to Sergeant Grade 1, is its a lot easier to rank up when playing with an account that has not had xbox live, you can earn a bomb load more credits, heck if you have an offline account that sits in forge for a week or 2, you can become inheritor.

its there to stop people ranking up quickly and then going online with haunted helmet, if they didnt do this everybody would be inheritor.

Let's put it this way: 

You play online, and it saves your rank, unlocks, etc. When you don't play online, that info isn't saved with the online database, so when you connect, it uses the online info and rewrites your console's save. Forge maps and campaign progress are the only things not effected.

• 2 weeks later...

This problem has happened to my friend as he too had played Halo: Reach offline for a long time, When he got live he had been de-reanked to sergeant grade 1 and had no armor. As Jester said, It is pretty much there so people can't go and sit in forge for two weeks and be max rank. Or any other gametype for that matter. It makes it so gamers legitly rank up, Yet people still find a way to boost, Which I shall not exploit.

• 1 month later...