Forge Aesthetics & ideas

BrandNewClassic

Throw out some ideas you want to see in Halo 5 forge. Here's mine:

1: a. Useful, map changing aesthetics like burning vehicles (non-drivable), and they sould have smoke rising from the fire.

b. SMALLER PIECES! I love 343 for making smaller aesthetical pieces like wires, but i want to see more.

2: a. Time effects like Nght, and Sunset. (I'd actually like to see a bar you can change like in Google Earth)

b. Weather effects like Rain or Snow. This would make maps much more immersive, and help players visualize the kind of map you're aiming for.

3: Restrictions. Much like the Minecraft or Viva Pìnata TIP, you can set restrictions for other players ability to build/delete. I hate when random players join my forge, and begin to spam the Y button on my map.

• Like 2

Well they have a terrain palette dedicated to "dominion" so I figure they could easily pull out some flood terrain. Honestly all they'd need to do is throw together a few sets of those flood bubbles. Forgers would be able to get creative with them.

I'd like to see a greater variety of natural terrain. Rocks and trees are good and fine... But I'm talking about large sand dunes, gently rolling hills, winding caves, brush, tall grass. They could get really crazy and have highly aesthetic pieces like waterfalls, rivers (which would just be a block of water with a current), or rocks with staircases cut into them. Additionally there were no "old human tech" pieces. Nothing was made out of concrete and reebar. Depending on the map, I'd like to see a definite style to the blocks, be it new UNSC, old UNSC, Forerunner, Covenant, ancient ruins, space, etc. Last of all I'd like to see a "custom filter" which would give the player some pretty basic visual settings.

Preload map effects, such as snow, barren rock, desert, flooded, or volcanic world. The same map, but you can change the look of it and make it much more different without making it all and wasting forge budget. Props and mechanisms would also be useful in the forge along with statues or monuments that can also be used to spruse up the map's look.

Customizable shading and texture to pieces like clean, scratched, scorched, or rusted.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This is my first time posting here so i`ll get strait to the point. I was so exceed for halo 4 for one simple reason: forge. Reaches forge was the greatest thing since the wheel to me and I was so pumped for what 343 had in store for five. I bought the game and the first thing I did was go into forge, and within ten minutes I shut the game off and didn't play for three weeks I was so pissed. The forge is a joke! Ya ya, simple maps of slayer and the like are simple and incredibly easy to make now but for the guys who have been forging since 3, the guys who pour their heart and soul into every little detail of their maps, forge is a nightmare now. I know that 343 had to rush development and neglected the less popular things in an attempt to make a name for themselves, but now that they have a name and are worthy to make halo games they should make up for in 5 what they looked over in 4.

Now this isn't all just a rant ok, I do have ideas, so here they are.

1: Don't necessarily bring back forge world but something like it. A gigantic landmass with nearly limitless possibility would be amassing. In fact make a few of them around the same size but each one with a different background and terrain type (one could be am island chain, the others maybe a mountain pass or a flatland or even a small city). The fact is that they should be each as large if not larger than reaches forge world and wide open or players to create, not littered with random buildings that don't fit in and impede or even destroy a forgers concept of his/her map.

2: Have on these maps a few sliding bars or even a circle chart that has a day and night option, weather option (fog,rain,snow,wind,storm,ect.) , and a terrain type option (low grass,high grass snowy,wet,marshy,forested,ect.) These terrain options should also interact with the structures the player places down (snow drifting up onto towers, stuff like that). I would love to see someone make a distinctive looking map and the with the slide of a bar and the check of a box turn it into something completely new with a whole new feel.

3: NATURAL TERRAIN! Add the ability to turn a blank map of rolling hills into a thick, dark forest. Add MORE trees and rocks and shrubbs and hell even a small stream or river! This one is pretty is explanitory but I can't express it enough! Humdreds of trees and stuff! Forgers would love you for it!

4: there should be be only five main classes of structures, one of them being the natural structures from the precious point. The others should be as follows: UNSC, Covenant, Forunner, and Flood. Periond. Each class should have its own unique types of buildings and decorations and toys and what not based on each of their architectural/cultural influences. UNSC structures should be boxy and neutral colored while Covenant structures should be organic and flowing (and purple!). Now here's the kicker: everything you lay down whether it be a chair or a giant base should have a texture option. The options would be along the lines of: aged,damaged, and infested. Aged would add a weather texture to the object (I'm thinking a check bow for what type of aging and then a slider bar for how severe it is.) Damaged would add bullet holes and plasma scorching and even rubble laying around. Now infested would overlay a flood texture over the structure ( pustuals, creeping tendrils, nasty atmosphere, ect.) Also needless to say these should be hundreds of structures both gigantic and small under each class. Sidenote: grouping things together and savinging them so that that base you spent 2 hours building can be replicated in about 3 seconds... ya.

5: Inside each class should be a special tab called interactive. This tad should contain a get types of keypads, buttons, and consoles. These things can be edited to a specific channel like teleporters and will intert with the either items in the tab. Each class will have its own items like doors and gates for unsc, grav lifts and stairs for covenant and light bridges and platforms for forunners.

Each of these items will preform a pre-scripted action when activated( like rising up, opening, deploying, connecting, ect.) And there should be a fair amount of each of these items and a lot of channels so a player could make an entire map that needs to be activated.

6: Objectives are a great thing. Make it so that one team has to activate the bridge, cross the valley, deploy the mantis, and storm the base to win the match, regardless of how many kills they have and all the while the enemy is both trying to stop them AND do the same thing( all of that was just an example.) You should be able to put down objectives like trait zones. And there should be different ones too. Ones that you have to hold an area to get, ones that you need to do a certain thing inside to get, ect. There should also be an option to go add custom text to each objective so that players get the just of what's going on and what they have to do and an option for the objective,once completed, to intact with interactive objects( like holding a location for thirty seconds and if one person is left holding it than a door opens and the party can go through.) As a side note there should be at least fifteen objectives that you can lay down on a given map and their should be something like a channel system so that they are not all visible at once but spawn in game once one has been completed and so forth.

7: Vehicles... what more can I say besides bring back all the vehicles from previous games(falcon and hornet and elephant included), let us place player favorites like the scarab and pelican, and come up with at least 3 new vehicles for each the unsc,covenant,and forunner. That only nine new vehicles total, it shouldn't be that heard should it?!

And finally 8: The ever controversial placing of ai enemies. Just do it its not that hard. Have a tab with four categories: unsc,covenant,forunner, and flood. Have about 10-20 different units to choose from in each one along with a zone that can be edited as deployment, target, or defend. Each zone will be set to a channel along with the enemies that will be in it( let's say zone 3 was a target zone. Everyone would deploy in the deployment zone and then go to the zone they are assigned to and act the way they would in doing so like on guard or relaxing or pacing, ect.) Now for the enemies themselves. For one they should act the way they do in the game, pacing around,looking for the chief, yelling at each other and whatnot. Each enemy should also be editable with both primary and secondary weapons as well as armor ability, armor textures, and mannerisms. Like a grunt can be edited to be fearless and a really good shot while an elite could be set as a coward and a terrible shot( just an idea). Be sure to add enemy classes too like minor major and ultra, each with their own set of textures, personalities, and loadouts. And for the love of god let them be able to not only interact with the stuff the player places down and make smard decisions about cover and tactics, but let them PATH WITHOUT GLICHING!

I Would love it if any of these were to end up in halo 5 but please feel free to comment and add/criticize at will. Peace out.

Throw out some ideas you want to see in Halo 5 forge. Here's mine:

1: a. Useful, map changing aesthetics like burning vehicles (non-drivable), and they sould have smoke rising from the fire.

b. SMALLER PIECES! I love 343 for making smaller aesthetical pieces like wires, but i want to see more.

2: a. Time effects like Nght, and Sunset. (I'd actually like to see a bar you can change like in Google Earth)

b. Weather effects like Rain or Snow. This would make maps much more immersive, and help players visualize the kind of map you're aiming for.

3: Restrictions. Much like the Minecraft or Viva Pìnata TIP, you can set restrictions for other players ability to build/delete. I hate when random players join my forge, and begin to spam the Y button on my map.

1: Agree 100%

2: Agree 100% (since light is calculated during forge already, this would be NO problem to add to forge)

3: Agree 100%, although, you can just set your game to invite only. I do see your point though

I would like to add:

-Skins (themes) for the basic building blocks, you know, so every 5 maps don't look the same. (UNSC, Covenant, Carved Stone, Iron Plating...whatever.)

-UNLIMITED NUMBER of each piece. Keep the budget for RAM reasons, but why can't I place 17 of the object I need if my budget is around 50%? It makes no sense.

How about themed pieces? Like forerunner grey (from Reach), UNSC tan/olive green (or the off-white stuff from Halo 4), Covenant purple, and possibly even flood pieces with patches of flood biomass on them?

I would like this type of stuff to be in the options for all of the pieces. A variable called "Texture" and then having a list like {Forunner, UNSC, Covenant, Flood, Construction, Rusted} or something like that.

Then for easy editing, you could have a type of paint mode you can go into to be able to mass apply these textures to objects on your map.

1. Definitely what was said above about changing the map more to your liking with the time of day and weather.

2. One thing that I have always hoped and dreamed of is being able to add a sound track to your map using some sort of transfer system where you can put in a soundtrack (or song) from your Xbox so that you can set even more of a mood for your maps. This would be a pivotal move in a whole new direction for for forge and it is realistic with the Xbox one. If anyone remembers the ominous maps in halo 4 that were similar to slender man and such other maps forged underwater just think of how even creepier it would be to have a soundtrack to just crank up the intensity, let those goosebumps raise higher, and let the screams be even louder.

3. Another thing would obviously be the budget but I won't go too into that.

4. Also, I miss how long the pre game lobbies were in halo 3 this gave people a chance to look at other players' file shares.

5. What would be amazing is more special FX. The ones we have are great, but it would be really cool to have one where you could make everything have a glowy type of look to it or even a shadowy look to it. I explained this terribly but hopefully someone gets what I'm trying to say haha.

6. And AI should be implemented to the online. If anyone played Gears of War then they know what I will be getting at here. It really sucks when people leave the game and you have to sit and suffer because others can't handle the heat. I think that an AI should spawn if a teammate leaves and des pawns when a player joins. Also a combat training type of private match would be great for new players and for testing weapons. It could be called the training ground.

7. It would be incredible if we had items despawn after a certain time. This is very similar how we are already able to have items spawn after a certain period of time into the map. BUT we have yet to have the ability to have items despawn after a time of our choosing. This could go hand in hand with progressive maps for infection/flood.

8. Item deterioration would be fantastic! This would be somewhat how it is in Battlefield 4 where buildings would be blown out and fall over (more of a dream than a reality). This could be only be on certain pieces like how it is in call of duty ghosts where there's a mark on certain walls where there is an opportunity to blow a hole in the wall.

I have a lot more but my fingers hurt.

Also, there should be more to teabagging. Instead of a stiff movement of crouching and standing up repeatedly, there could be an unlockable, loose movement to... how should I say this... more passionately or hilariously teabag another player. This would take away anger from being teabagged and turn it into laughter and amusement. This could bring a whole new gaming experience to halo by adding in taunts.