Personal ordinance

kowloon

Do you agree or disagree  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree or disagree with making your own personal ordinance

• agree
    • disagree
    • don't really care

I would like to see you making you own personal ordinance for Halo 5 then having random ordinance. This will contain grenades, 1 power weapon/resupply your weapon, and 1 power up so that way I might be fair but I can see problems with this. So this might be more helpful to get the commendations done a little faster then just going to action sack or running around the entire game getting kills for new ordinances to find the one your looking for making your k/d worst if your the type of player that just wants to improve your k/d. The reason I can see this being a problem is that you or other players can get mad at a sniper, rocket users, or other power weapons and even power ups because they would use it consistently. And also for ordinances if a teammate would take your ordinance it should say ordinance shared then ordinance stolen.

Discussion between another Halo Waypoint user and myself:

Shooting Sammy- "hey I like personal ordnance, I think it gives players strong incentive to play hard and get lots of kills and assists and do cool tricks like Reload this! and the like. 

plus it is fun to drop down a good weapon, I mean who doesn't get excited when they hear "ordnance ready!" its part of what makes halo so fun."

GH0ST of MA1NE (me)- "Winning and enjoying the gameplay itself is all the incentive one should need to "play hard". Besides, you don't really have to play very well to get ordnance, as it doesn't reset after you die. It is more of a near-eventuality.

It is more fun to earn a good weapon by getting to it before someone else does or by killing the now-previous wielder of said weapon. There's little effort in pressing a button and having a weapon/powerup, or grenades literally DROPPED AT YOUR FEET and that effort is part of what makes getting the weapon fun. It's not all about using it once you've got it. It's also about the struggle for acquisition.

Another thing: having a random weapon dropped to you because you landed a shot on an enemy (Assist), got shot at by an enemy (Distraction), or happened to kill an enemy while he/she was reloading (Reload This) aren't "cool tricks". They are simply you existing in the game. You can literally get medals/points even when just standing at your spawn point and doing nothing. Getting something for a whole lot of nothing is a bad feature to include, especially when the "something" you get is a weapon that you can easily use to rack up a few kills e.g. Incineration Cannon. The random aspect of Personal Ordnance brings it even deeper into the pit of irredeemability, as it doesn't consistently reward based on performance. I could go on and on about this feature's problems, but I'm certain others will aid in doing that."

Ah, but you can. Kinda... In custom game settings there is an option for custom ordinance drops. When I play custom 1v1s with my brother, we have it set up to drop loadout weapons. There are settings for all sorts of things though. You can even weight the chance for weapons to appear in the drops. I'm afraid it is still all very random though. There is no way to award specific weapons based on personal actions or by what your team needs. "Infinity" gametypes are still very much whichever team had the most sniper drops wins and they are roflstomping us with two mantises and nobody is getting any splaser or rocket drops.