One big reason why the launch games of next gen dont blow you away

Caboose The Ace

I am sure everyone remembers seeing the PS3 reveal how stunning and visually mind-blowing it was the environment the textures the lighting the animations it all looked awesome you truly knew the next gen consoles were here

Now at compare those games launch games from then to now ...

I remember watching the Microsoft and Sony conferences the games looks good and latest metal gear solid look ossim pussim but It did not blow mind mind away like the first time I watched the PS3 E3 conference all those years ago and so take a look lots of these Xbone and PS4 launch titles don't looks that different than anything you can find on a PS3 or Xbox 360 maybe Killzone shadow fall but that's it even Forsa motorsports 5 is having a run for its money with current gen I think so why do these new games no blow us away like they current generation did the answer is simple .....

HD

HD was not around or at least proper HD at the times of the Xbox and PS2 so when you first played the PS3 with HD it was mind blowing the difference between HD and not having it is big try removing you're HD lead from you're TV I tried it a while back and the game visually was much different everything looked more blurry textures didn't look as good ETC  

so as you can see that's the reason why these games don't blow us away it is because HD quality has not jumped up much in the past few years but I am sure it will with 4K on horizon.

:)

Edited by Caboose the Ace

I am sure everyone remembers seeing the PS3 reveal how stunning and visually mind-blowing it was the environment the textures the lighting the animations it all looked awesome you truly knew the next gen consoles were here

I remember watching the Microsoft and Sony conferences the games looks good and latest metal gear solid look ossim pussim but It did not blow mind mind away like the first time I watched the PS3 E3 conference all those years ago and so take a look lots of these Xbone and PS4 launch titles don't looks that different than anything you can find on a PS3 or Xbox 360 maybe Killzone shadow fall but that's it even Forsa motorsports 5 is having a run for its money with current gen I think so why do these new games no blow us away like they current generation did the answer is simple .....

HD

HD was not around or at least proper HD at the times of the Xbox and PS2 so when you first played the PS3 with HD it was mind blowing the difference between HD and not having it is big try removing you're HD lead from you're TV I tried it a while back and the game visually was much different everything looked more blurry textures didn't look as good ETC  

so as you can see that's the reason why these games don't blow us away it is because HD quality has not jumped up much in the past few years but I am sure it will with 4K on horizon.

It doesn't really need to be that much better, there are some really awesome-looking games on the 360 and PS3, like Halo 4, God of War 3 and Battlefield. I'm glad they're not focusing too much on making games look good, they seem to be focusing more on gameplay with the new consoles, and that is a very good thing.

It doesn't really need to be that much better, there are some really awesome-looking games on the 360 and PS3, like Halo 4, God of War 3 and Battlefield. I'm glad they're not focusing too much on making games look good, they seem to be focusing more on gameplay with the new consoles, and that is a very good thing.

I am not posting games should focus on graphics I am just stating a big reason why these games don't look mind-blowing anymore. :)

I know, but we really don't need them to look much better than they already do, that's why they haven't made them very "mind-blowing".

I am not saying we need better looking games they look good enough right now but there has been lots of complaints about the Xbone and PS4 games not look mind blowing like before and this is a big reason why. :)

I am not saying we need better looking games they look good enough right now but there has been lots of complaints about the Xbone and PS4 games not look mind blowing like before and this is a big reason why. :)

I haven't seen or heard anything about people complaining about this kind of thing... How good do they need the graphics? People are never satisfied, they seem to forget that this generation isn't about bringing better-looking games to the table, it's about giving third-party companies better hardware to work with, so they can make bigger and better games.

HD

Same goes for Phones... There is an improvement in each and every new generation of phone, be it iPhone, or Samsung Galaxy, or whatever... The pixel density, pixels per inch, and screen quality and resolution improve, but they are currently at a point already where they look so good, that we cant even see the difference. Its there, and its minor, but its there. A small improvement, but an improvement none the less...

Next Gen games don't blow us away? I mean even till this day Halo 2 blows me away(If you guys don't get that reference then you never truly played Halo 2)

I don't know about you guys but I am pretty blown away by anything next gen visually. Even Knack.
When it comes to possible gameplay mechanics and the actual gameplay now THAT is really going to blast me away. 

QUE HALO 2 SOUNDTRACK

• Like 1