5 Things We Want in Halo 5's Matchmaking!

Brett

• 3 weeks later...

i and many many others would love to see regional servers or at least be able to avoid foreign countries like bungie allowed.I honestly will not buy Halo 5 if this problem is not dealt with. I spent way too much money to be constsantly infuriated by lag that only happens when people from Mexico or Australia or any other number of countries are on. used to be able to select own language and avoid at least some countries in other Halos, now halo 4 sucks.

I don't understand why people when on a topic say "5 things we want", it's as if you're speaking for everyone (In this case) who has ever played Halo, the title should be "5 things I want".

What I do is take the 5 most commented things on the video that people want and put it in one video. Then I explain what those things are and give my feedback on it.

• 3 months later...
I would like to have the ability to match players with similar skill.  This way you can consistently get better or worse depending on how you play and/or winning games.  The best game I found that had this figured out was Halo: Reach; game type Team Arena.  The game type was a really hard team slayer, but it was equal for everyone.  All the players started with a DMR while other weapons spawned on the map.  It was also limited to the sprint ability which excluded my favorite at the time Jet Pack (which I felt was the right thing to do). It made the game equal for everyone and everyone had to learn the best parts of the map to take control of.  The best part of Team Arena was the fact that you only had to play 4 or 5 games to get a rating for that day.  You can choose to play more if you like and it would just take your best average.  It was really nice for me because I work all the time and don't have time to sit down and play every hour, but with the 4-5 games a day was perfect. *I would get my games in, get ranked as an Onyx (top class), told me I was top 50% in Onyx and get matched up with kids who were top 2-3% and then I knew I was playing some of the best players playing the game at that time.  It helped me understand how good some players are at games and how so many people think they are good, but they are playing self-esteem boosters (bad kids/average kids).

Titanfall if you know how to play first person shooters, Titanfall is a very simple but creative game.  I like to exploit everything from the game. With Titanfall you have pilots that can maneuver off the walls, blast out of Titans and land anywhere on the map (which is sweet). Then the titans remind me more of a Halo aspect because you are battling.  The titans are powerful enough against each other and soft enough where a pilot can still have a chance to take down a titan.  The game also gives you everything you need to be able to watch for enemy pilots and titans (radar).  Also you have being hit it which points on your screen the direction you are being hit from.  Also in Titanfall when your winning is fun, but even when you lose they included ways to still make it fun. Like you have to evacuate to the drop ship after your team has lost the game.

Include everything k/d (kill death ratio), friends k/d and if possible a ranking comparison list of your friends that also shows your k/d's while showing the rank list (ranking should be more important than K/D ratio).  I have reached the XP cap on Titanfall and I am boycotting prestiging because I am not playing the game to show people how much I play or even care about leveling up by just playing.  From what I heard though they did add some challenges that must be completed before leveling up so not everyone will be able to keep prestiging (or at least make it more difficult) which I liked.  I do enjoy leveling up but I have everything unlocked and I am ready to play serious in game battles when we are able to setup private matches (may never happen).  If they never release the private lobbies I will be extremely disappointed with Titanfall because it would then be just another game of playing bad kids and I get the feeling why am I wasting my time and energy destroying bad kids, it doesn't help me, it only makes me worse.  It also gives me a false feeling thinking I'm good, but in reality I'm a bad kid myself just playing worse kids.  I like to know the truth and see the facts.

I just want to say I love the Halo multiplier series because it is an equal game.  Unlike Call of Duty which started out as a noob game and evolved into the biggest try hard game and you have to ask yourself why? Why am I playing this game (CoD) so hard when it's not even fun?  Whereas Titanfall another try hard game, but it is fun to play and try hard in the game.  Unlike any other game Halo you have to try hard in it too but it is easier.  You have a mini map which allows you to visually be aware where people are and helps you stay prepared for multiple enemies at once.  Also you are not just going to kill someone because you saw them first you have a chance to react and make a right decision to stay alive.

Thank you for taking the time to read this I hope you understand what gamer's like me are actually looking for in a game.  If games continue to be on pace for what they have been turning into you will lose me and many other hardcore gamer's looking for competitive play not just some XP garbage.

Joe Kallio

Norther Michigan University SR.

Human Resources Management

PS. I sent this as a email to [email protected] BS Angel tweeted me back to post in these forums. I hope you all read and agree.

Edited by RedStarRocket91
Thread locked, please do not revive dead threads.