Killing Season - Free movie for XBL Gold members

Absolute Dog

killing%20season%20poster.jpg

The Killing Season is the movie available this weekend for free for all XBL Gold members. 

The Killing Season begins with some promise of being a good movie. Beginning from the opening credits, through a flashback series of both men involved in the Bosnian war and leading into where they  meet  again in the mountains of the mid west the story feels okay. The initial problem I had with the movie is that Travolta was unable to pull off being a Serbian. Whether from the lack of actual features, his speech or the fact he had little of the mannerisms noted of that people. Their meeting on a mountain road, which is poorly written, is where the movie becomes unbelievable. Ford, De Niro's character, is unable to recognize the one person he killed during the war that has haunted him while Kovac, Travolta's character, is virtually unchanged since they first met. What follows is just so much Hollywood bull that it ruins what could have been a good movie. The final scene sequence between Ford and Kovac is a complete joke. Kovac's history as a member of the Scorpion death squad and all he had done with torture, rape, haenous treatment of dead bodies and murder could in no measure be compared to the single moment that Ford failed himself and what he believed in. 

Is the movie a good way to 1 1/2 hours, sure, if you have nothing better to do. I feel that both actors made a poor choice in this movie and whoever wrote the screen play must have been right out of school.

Killing Season get a 3/10 from me.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...