"Beacon"

Rayner Sutardja

Gamertag: n0mnom321

Map: Beacon

Players: 6-10 players. Recommended 8 players.

Best game type: Slayer, Extraction, KotH

link:https://www.halowayp...b7-fa8fee80b736

Weapon drops:

2x Needler

2x pulse grenade drops (2 per drop)

2x fragmentation grenade drops (2 per drop)

2x plasma grenade drops (2 per drop)

Energy Sword

Description

Beacon is a competitive map for 6-10 players. It is a forerunner themed, 2-storey map that is centered around a "beacon" in the centre that is made of fusion coils and extraction crates that continuously detonates, making it look like a beacon (I think it is spectacular, but of course I'm biased lol ;) ) There are 2 bridges, at the right and left of the beacon, and two main halves of the map, orange and cyan, which are the red and blue spawns respectively.

There are many jumps, including the pyramid jumps between the bridges and the centre of the map, the artefact rim jump ( a jump to a narrow pathway jutting out from the artefact base-wall and jump back to the bottom-middle of the map) and multiple drop-downs and 2 gravity lifts at both halves (orange and cyan) of the map. The map is based off the design of haven but plays quite differently.

Enjoy!

Pictures:

post-64146-0-23248200-1384592217_thumb.jpegpost-64146-0-63720300-1384592226_thumb.jpegpost-64146-0-57042900-1384592337_thumb.jpegpost-64146-0-47402400-1384592384_thumb.jpegpost-64146-0-29961600-1384592394_thumb.jpegpost-64146-0-30698800-1384592480_thumb.jpegpost-64146-0-42390600-1384592495_thumb.jpegpost-64146-0-02189300-1384592505_thumb.jpegpost-64146-0-34478200-1384592574_thumb.jpegpost-64146-0-47474000-1384592586_thumb.jpegpost-64146-0-83630100-1384592599_thumb.jpegpost-64146-0-15806300-1384592437_thumb.jpeg

And here's the overview pic, I couldn't get a pure bird's eye view of the map as it is under the forge island and I am blocked by the ceiling. :(

post-64146-0-39562400-1384594062_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

this map is very unique and has great aesthetics and in our playtests we were in game chat and i was on the other team and ppl were like whats with the fusion coils and i was like whoa thats like the beacon thing on ragnorak  haha. never seen anything like that in a forge map, very innovative.

tho as for gameplay we all used jetpacks which i  think lowered the quality of it. im not sure how one would fix this.

another complaint was top mid being cramped.

the most pressing issue i believe is that it is very easy to fall off as i did at least 4 times in that match. there are alot of ways to fix this but one idea would be to lower the whole map to the water and place grids to where you could walk on them tho thats just an idea. and it probably wouldnt even fit. which would mean your would have to completely rebuild the entire thing elsewhere instaid of just lowering each piece. but again just a suggestion otherwise this is a very interesting piece of work you have here =]

• Like 1

Yeah, the map is still in it's early stages, i might have to do a complete reforge.... even I fall off the map often

I'm going to delete the two struts facing the bridges to make it less cramps and i kinda know where people usually fall off the map, so I can fix that. I'm also going to make sure that the circular halves of the map end at the bridges, to give the map a more circular flow. As for the jetpacks, I can make a trait zone to keep players from flying too high. I can also decrease the spawn time of the needlers which is very effective against jet pack.

The extraction targets have been moved back towards the ends of the bases. this map was designed for extraction, so more gameplay can now be focussed at the two bases, unlike when we tested it.

I have also made several other small changes.

I really appreciate the feedback that you guys have given me. Thanks!

UPDATE:

Most of what I said I would do-

People tend to fall off at the ramps near the pyramids facing the bridges. The ramps have been extended such that the pyramid now acts as a wall to prevent you from falling. Another part will be below the y,cross ramps to each base, so now there is a wall, coliseum there and alot of ground, so you won't fall off. Please inform me of any other places that are easy to fall off.

-Energy sword has been replaced with the sniper rifle. The energy sword is pretty balanced but it won't make the map as fun.

-Needlers spawn more often now, with a 125 second respawn time.

-Structural changes, the 2 struts supporting the beacon that are facing the bridges have been removed, to make the middle less cramped and to make the sniper more dangerous to get. The upper parts of each base(the semicircles) now end directly at the bridges, and they have ramps to connect to yhe bridges. This adds height variation and makes the circular routes more attractive to players, giving the map a more circular flow(or so i think, Zan, help me out here!)

-gravity lifts at both bases have been removed, and replaced with random drop locations that nostly spawn speed boosts.

Here's the updated map link: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-gb/games/halo4/fileshare/details/588a1491-a797-4c6b-afb7-fa8fee80b736

I'll be away till december, so this is going to be the last update in a long time. By the way, what will happen to all our saved games and other stuff like that when the Xbox One comes out? Will Xbox one have halo 4 on it as well? So will we have to redo everything from scratch there? Please tell me, I need to know...