Everything About Destiny

Adam91

Destiny_Key-art-620x350.jpg

Welcome to the destiny forum the latest addition to the site that discusses all things destiny and is the front line of destiny news. Here we will be covering everything from facts to theories and speculation of Bungies next game, so lets go through everything we know so far. 

We know about destiny's story so far 

Well it is set some seven hundred years in the future after the collapse of human civilization and who on the verge of extinction. Humanity once colonized the solar system, this vast development and existence of the human race was known as "The Golden Age". But from an attack of enemy forces humanity saw themselves and their civilization crumble and recede. Those left are now living on Earth and on the last city which they built under an unknown spherical entity "The Traveler" that hovers over them and saved them from total destruction. The defenders of what remains of humanity "The Guardians" have been given the ability to hold an unknown power to defend themselves and their city and to fight the alien forces that controls the worlds humanity once inhabited. 

Destiny is a FPS that appears to have the elements of an MMO, you play as one of the guardians of the city and defend it from enemy forces and help humanity from completely dying out.

Mysterious activity 

On February 11th Bungie began a short ARG for destiny that took place over a period of seven day's, this tasked the community to work together to retrieve mysterious poems that are most likely to window into Destiny's deep and vast universe. Full info on the ARG here

The darkness is ending

After a couple of years of silence Bungie finally opened the door and let us visit the world they have been creating for so long as they provide with a vidoc "Pathways out of Darkness". They gave us peek of what the Destiny universe will look like and what it will entail. 

Breaking everything down

After the the first reveal of Destiny IGN provided a full analysis of everything we have seen, they go through various locations that the player may need venture to, alien factions we will encounter and a ton more.

Quick look at some Gamplay 

Bungie co-founder showed us a little look at some Destiny gameplay from Sony's presentation for the Playstation 4.

They also shared a really cool sculpture image of an alien from an enemy faction "Fallen" on twitter.

BDF9J4sCUAAhlIE.jpg

A 2013 release for Destiny may not be happening   

It was reported that Activision has warned not to expect a 2013 release for Destiny. 

"Although Bungie's amazing new world was revealed today, Activision has not included the launch in its 2013 outlook and there should be no speculation or expectation of a different result," said the publisher today in a statement.

Destiny is scheduled to be released for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and all future console platforms, with the new Xbox and PlayStation expected on shop shelves before the end of the year. This means it is unlikely Destiny will be a next-gen launch title.

Destiny is billing itself a "shared-world shooter" in an always-connected world. Players assume the roles of Guardians in the last safe city on Earth. Bungie has yet to release any in-game footage of the game.

"For all the unknowns, Destiny still feels very much like the product of Bungie," said GameSpot's Shaun McInnis after glancing a first look at the game last week. "More specifically, it feels like Bungie taking what they've done well over the years and moving in a new direction, with new technology, toward something well beyond Halo. I know I can't wait to see what else Destiny is."

As seen from various sources

The seven heavens of Destiny.

Bungie has a history of connecting their stories and making references to Mythological and Religious things. I came up with a theory of possible connections that Destiny may have with an ancient belief called "The seven heavens". It goes through possible connections with the ARG symbols, the poems, alien factions in destiny and locations. It can be read here.   

343i.org's News Group member adamj and his theory made into a video explaining the idea.

Narrated by OakleyHiDef

• Like 7

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is a game that I would love to play in the future. The story line looks amazing, the characters look epic and I just love the scenery. I think this will be a good game maybe even better than Halo but, I won't keep my hopes high. Thank you for sharing this with me and the community. It really helped me understand the game even more :).

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...