Will Sprint stay?

Ranger Intel

Will Sprint stay?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want sprint to be in the future Halo's?

• Yes
    • No

Hi everyone! Today I want to have a discussion about why some of us want to get rid of sprint being a built in feature in the next Halo's.

Since sprint was a permanent feature in Halo 4, I've been really happy with it. :) It makes the game more realistic, you wouldn't need a special armour ability to sprint. It makes the game more fast paced. I understand that some people prefer it as an armour ability like in Halo Reach, but is it much of a problem? I prefer it being a built in feature because not only does it make it more realistic, it gives us an advantage in the game. We can navigate through out the maps much quicker. We can sprint and use jetpacks, holographs and active camouflage whilst having the ability to sprint, at the same time! I think 343 are going to keep it in all games. To me it will look like they are going back a step if they remove it.

What do you guys think? Should sprint be in the rest of the Halo's, and why?

I don't have a big problem with sprint, so much as others in the Halo community do, but I would prefer increased player movement speed instead :) It should be an option for Custom Games but not in the Matchmaking gametypes. Me personally, I thought Combat Evolved got it right by having the player move pretty fast without sprint, because in that game you could navigate the maps quite quickly. Just a shame that CE Anniversary's multiplayer didn't give us the original multiplayer... :(

• Like 1

I don't have a big problem with sprint, so much as others in the Halo community do, but I would prefer increased player movement speed instead :) It should be an option for Custom Games but not in the Matchmaking gametypes. Me personally, I thought Combat Evolved got it right by having the player move pretty fast without sprint, because in that game you could navigate the maps quite quickly. Just a shame that CE Anniversary's multiplayer didn't give us the original multiplayer... :(

I think the same thing about Halo 2 and 3. It was like we were power-walking...wait, we were. :D

• Like 1

Honestly, I think it's most likely to stay. I don't fully understand why people don't like it, because I think it's awesome how you can sprint and maybe have like jet pack. Also it's way more easier, than having it being its own army ability. I surely hope it stays that way in the next Halo  :thumbsup: .

• Like 1

Sprint makes total sense for a Spartan, as a super soldier you should be able to run. Not being able to run is absolutely ridiculous.

As for the jet pack from the comment above me, it makes no physical sense and wouldn't work. Spartans weight a ginormous amount, and a jetpack/jump-pack simply cannot work with the thrusters they have on them in the game. In my opinion, the jetpack should be removed entirely because it can't work and doesn't make sense. However, sprint should stay forever.

• Like 2

Sprint is useful, in many situations so it is a definite must for gameplay mechanics and especially in types of custom games. Some armor abilities make no sense, as some of you have said. But a few that are workable, such as the drop shield, evade... Which could be an action roll on its own, and the rest seem to have been there just to be there' though still useful in cases. But the equipment in halo 3 was a bit more interesting when objects like that must be used sparingly and skillfully, instead of spawning with it all the time. But that's just me.

• Like 1

My pro's of having sprint is when spawning in a large map, and want to get to a destination, you can sprint there, with out sprint, you have to wait along time, my self after playing loads of Halo 4 went back to 3 and literally used one toe to keep the left thumb stick forward was skyping my friend and took a bit too long to get to my destination.  And the Con's are mostly the spartans are much more powerful with such a slight adjustment but I had to vote for sprint to stay because no matter how strong the spartans are, it's an equal match. 

I don't have a problem with sprint but I'm guessing the developers tried to speed up gameplay by adding sprint, and that's just not how to speed up a game. I voted "No" but sprint isn't a big deal and I will have fun regardless.

Exactly. I sometimes see some people making a big deal over it. I accept their opinions but I don't see it as such a bad feature. I don't see anything wrong with it and I personally am glad it is a permanent feature in Halo 4. ;)