Xbox live Price

superintendent

Am i the only one that thinks Xbox live is super pricey? for a full year of playing online $60!! that is $6.30 dollars per day! 

Pc players get to play online for free most of the time, and even playstation has cheaper ranging in at $49.99 per year ( sorry to bring playstation into this). Don't you think that companies are becoming a little greedy with this? 

Um your math is a little off XBL costs about 16 cents a day (0.16 x 365 = 58.4)

I personally don't think it's that bad of a price. Also PSN is not as good as XBL, I have friends who had PS3's and hated PSN...of course that was back when PSN got hacked, but nonetheless I'm sticking with Xbox.

• Like 7

It costs more per yer for a Runescape Membership. And you would use that far less than you would an Xbox live account. 

And it reasonable. We should technically be paying more! Due to inflation $60 a year in 2005 (When Xbox 360 first came out) would be equivalent to $71.94 today. And on top of that Xbox live is far better than it was back then so you have to factor that in too, plus a few other things... And we SHOULD be paying around $85 or more per year. 

Microsoft isn't as coldblooded and money hungry as I thought... 

• Like 1

they are just greedy in the first place for charging a huge price for 1 year gold membership and the playstation are going with less so they can get more fans for the playstation which is ridiculous 

$10 less for PSN+ isn't MS being greedy. You get what you pay for with Xbox Live

I would say you get more value on PSN than on Xbox live

1 It is cheaper all-round

2 You get tons upon tons of free games every month. :)

That is true but I was just saying MS isn't greedy. I mean Sony and Microsoft both sell their consoles at a loss.

PSN is a very nice system hopefully Microsoft adopts it

Although I was told it was only one free game a month? 

It costs more per yer for a Runescape Membership. And you would use that far less than you would an Xbox live account. 

And it reasonable. We should technically be paying more! Due to inflation $60 a year in 2005 (When Xbox 360 first came out) would be equivalent to $71.94 today. And on top of that Xbox live is far better than it was back then so you have to factor that in too, plus a few other things... And we SHOULD be paying around $85 or more per year. 

Microsoft isn't as coldblooded and money hungry as I thought... 

Wrong......subscriptions used to be less than $50.00 back then and with MS making 46 Million dollars every single year off XBL and the operating expenses being a small fraction of that number, they could reduce the amount, especially considering they raised prices at a time when people and the economy where struggling. Sony offered there service for free for a very long time and as far as service, I see no real change in XBL service in the longest time.

I might just come in and say Microsoft is very greedy, not in all countries is XBL 12 months $50-60. In Australia it's a minimum of $85. There is absolutely no need for that massive jump in price whatsoever, sure currency isn't the same, but it's never so different that it goes up by $25 at least.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...