Gravemind

Meyerm

I actually have 3 things unclear about The Gravemind I want to address.

1. Ever wonder what may have caused The Flood outbreak that lead to The Gravemind's creation and the construction of The Quarantine Zone? They never left any explanation other than that it DID happen, and the Flood on Installation 05 WERE originally contained in a similar fashion as on other rings. Considering The Gravemind's size and intelligence even before quaratine was broken (tentacles miles underground), there had to have been sentient beings to infect, and A LOT of them. Most likely a race unassociated with humanity or The Covenant. But how would such a race be able to feed that much biomass to The Flood? We're talking thousands of human-sized bodies for something as big as The Gravemind is shown to be.

2. How did The Gravemind get aboard High Charity? In AMber Clad seems to be WAY too small to support The Gravemind. I've heard of tapping into the monitor's teleportation grid as a possibility, but he's so large, and why need the frigate in the first place, then?

3. Similarly, in Halo 3, how did The Gravemind get OFF of The ARk and out of High Charity to the rebuilt Halo? It's highly doubtful that, if the Gravemind still had Installation 05's monitor, it would be able to tap into the Ark's warp grid and jump to Halo, as not even 343 Guilty Spark seemed to be able to.

I actually have 3 things unclear about The Gravemind I want to address.

1. Ever wonder what may have caused The Flood outbreak that lead to The Gravemind's creation and the construction of The Quarantine Zone? They never left any explanation other than that it DID happen, and the Flood on Installation 05 WERE originally contained in a similar fashion as on other rings. Considering The Gravemind's size and intelligence even before quaratine was broken (tentacles miles underground), there had to have been sentient beings to infect, and A LOT of them. Most likely a race unassociated with humanity or The Covenant. But how would such a race be able to feed that much biomass to The Flood? We're talking thousands of human-sized bodies for something as big as The Gravemind is shown to be.

2. How did The Gravemind get aboard High Charity? In AMber Clad seems to be WAY too small to support The Gravemind. I've heard of tapping into the monitor's teleportation grid as a possibility, but he's so large, and why need the frigate in the first place, then?

3. Similarly, in Halo 3, how did The Gravemind get OFF of The ARk and out of High Charity to the rebuilt Halo? It's highly doubtful that, if the Gravemind still had Installation 05's monitor, it would be able to tap into the Ark's warp grid and jump to Halo, as not even 343 Guilty Spark seemed to be able to.

1 I would guess that they was many flood in Installation 05 and so once they escaped they formed they grave mind because they could all meet

2 I would guess they ship is big enough but we have no idea how big Grave mind is so I would guess he used the teleportation grid and the reason for the ship was to take out the humans and cause more chaos as well as transporting flood to high charity

3 I would guess because lots of flood survived and that was enough to make another Grave mind. :) 

1. That Gravemind was there for a very long time, he had been left dormant. The monitor of that installation had many issues regarding the flood and that led to its Rampancy. It let the flood escape and didn't follow protocol properly, there was a substantial amount of Flood which grew more from spores which aided the Gravemind's personal army.

2. The Gravemind used In Amber Clad to transport flood into High Charity to infect, the Gravemind also has the ability to teleport creatures at his own control, it is assumed he can do the same with himself. Which can answer how he got aboard High Charity with the flood being there to guard him once on board.

3. Gravemind was destroyed on High Charity and never made it to the new Halo ring, that being said, he had being gathering flood biomass to recreate himself on that new Halo. That ultimately failed when Chief blew up the ring. Gravemind was properly killed on High Charity and nearly brought back to life on that ring, but never had the chance.

• Like 3

Though it doesn't really make sense that the knowledge of a Gravemind isn't destroyed with it, it is canon and could explain it. On terms of how it was created, I find it hard to believe a single flood containment facility had enough biomass to build a Gravemind.

Though it doesn't really make sense that the knowledge of a Gravemind isn't destroyed with it, it is canon and could explain it. On terms of how it was created, I find it hard to believe a single flood containment facility had enough biomass to build a Gravemind.

I think it's possible. How much Flood did you fight in Halo: CE when you let them out of their containment facility?

They had High Charity, filled with millions of flood biocreatures, then you had everyone on The Ark which the flood infected. A lot of that was transported to the new Halo Ring when Chief was getting Cortana. In that time, there was an opportunity to make a new Gravemind, but Chief stopped it by blowing it up.