Spartan-II's returning?

Ranger Intel

Will the remaining Spartan-II's reunite?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Will Master Chief meet up with the Spartan-II's in Halo 5?

2. 2. Will Master Chief ever meet up with the Spartan-II's after Halo 5?

Hi everyone. Do you guys think that we will ever see all or most of the remaining Spartan II's reunite and form the incredible Blue Team. I've read Halo: The Fall of Reach, Halo: The Flood and Halo: First Strike. I'm currently reading Halo: Ghosts of Onyx. In these books we learn so much about the Spartan-II's and Spartan-III's. Although the Spartan-III's were great soldiers, I would prefer to see the Spartan-II's back in action. We know that there are still a few Spartan-II's out there and some have been aboard the UNSC Infinity, but will Chief ever see them again? I can imagine that being an epic moment. :) So far Chief and the other Spartan-II's don't even know if each other are alive. What do you guys think? Please NO SPOILERS, thanks. ;)

im glad other people know this. i cant tell you how many time ive talked about this topic and heard "What are you talking about dude? MC is the only spartan they made." or "didnt you read the books? all his other spartans died."....no, no, no. there are several S-IIs left over, theyre just scattered.

• Like 1

im glad other people know this. i cant tell you how many time ive talked about this topic and heard "What are you talking about dude? MC is the only spartan they made." or "didnt you read the books? all his other spartans died."....no, no, no. there are several S-IIs left over, theyre just scattered.

I used to think that when I first played Halo CE and Halo 2, but when you get more into the story, you learn so much more. ;)

i will be soooo mad if they dont AT LEAST reference blue team in the next game. the only thing that trully irratates me about the halo series is the disparity between the books and games. the games almost blatantly say "we really dont care for solid continuety."

(i also might be biased more towards books though)

I have not read any of the books so I would not know.

if you enjoy a good long read, the first 3 in the series are really good, and fills in alot of things in campaign.

I've been wanting these scattered Spartan II's to reunite for awhile now, but I am getting the strange vibe that if they show up in Halo 5 it will be in halfway into the campaign, but if they don't show up in that game I feel as if they won't be in Halo 6 either. what I want to know is, how big will their role be if they show up?

To be honest, I don't think so in Halo 5. We're asking for too much to be crammed into the Halo 5 story, and if they do them all (Highly unlikely) there will be nothing for Halo 6 and other. Maybe in the future, since once again: "Saved the Earth" and instantly "Where my Spartan - II's at?".

Agreed it feels like everyone and their dog is asking for something to be crammed into Halo 5. How about we let 343i decide what to do with the series(lore wise)

Also I'm sure they will return somehow via comics, novels, main game, spinoff game, tv show, etc.

I mean 343i told us what happened to Jun(Read Halo: Initiation its a neat comic explaining Palmers backstory and how she became a Spartan)

Agreed it feels like everyone and their dog is asking for something to be crammed into Halo 5. How about we let 343i decide what to do with the series(lore wise)

Also I'm sure they will return somehow via comics, novels, main game, spinoff game, tv show, etc.

I mean 343i told us what happened to Jun(Read Halo: Initiation its a neat comic explaining Palmers backstory and how she became a Spartan)

Yeah you know what? It'd be great if 343i told us that via the games. Initiation can't be found here in Italy and I can't really know what's the story behind EVERYTHING.

That's just my italian rage, we're always cut off from everything. But I agree, everything can't be explained in the games. I just hope something will be clarified in the next installment, such as what happened to the Arbiter, Rtas, the Brutes, and every former Covenant faction.

I didn't say I want them in, I asked what you guys think will happen. I always say that we ask for too much and I'm not being hypocritical. I can imagine them in Halo 6 when Chief has some epic battle between the UNSC and maybe elites against prometheans/covenant or even flood. If they return one day it will be for a good reason. I have a feeling that if they do, they will be killed of one by one like Noble team and leave Chief, broken, at then end. I don't want them to do a whole Halo Reach thing again. I also want them to have a good A.I, not like "Let me drive you of this mountain"-Kat, "Let me shoot at that tank that's really far away with my shotgun"-Emile and "Oh, your trying to be stealthy? I just shoot this really loud sniper and reveal your position"-Jun. At least the cutscenes will be epic though. ;)

I really want them to bring back the rest or some Spartan-IIs that went MIA it would be really nice the Mark-IVs are cool and all, but I like the strength and brutal training and emotion of the Spartan-IIs. For instance Blue Team and the Spartans from the Spirit of Fire would be cool. But I don't think that they would bring them into Halo 5, but I have a theory that Halo 6 may be to much for the Master Chief and the new Spartans so they bring in some Spartan-IIs somehow to help the Master Chief defeat this enemy at the end.

• Like 1

I really want them to bring back the rest or some Spartan-IIs that went MIA it would be really nice the Mark-IVs are cool and all, but I like the strength and brutal training and emotion of the Spartan-IIs. For instance Blue Team and the Spartans from the Spirit of Fire would be cool. But I don't think that they would bring them into Halo 5, but I have a theory that Halo 6 may be to much for the Master Chief and the new Spartans so they bring in some Spartan-IIs somehow to help the Master Chief defeat this enemy at the end.

I agree, but I wouldn't say the Spartan-II'd had emotions. They had to learn to contol emotional outbursts. The closest thing they got to showing their emotions was the Spartan "Smile". http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Spartan_Signals

I agree that some of them might show up at the end to fight this huge war. Probably in Halo 6. I've had that theory for a long time. ;)

shoot, they could have put Blue Team in halo 2! if you read halo ghosts of onyx, blue team is on earth about the same time halo 2 is taking place, so why have they been left out for soo long?!?!

I'm currently reading Ghosts of Onyx and so far it seems great. I haven't read up to the part when they are on Earth though. I will get to that eventually. I don't think they are in because they needed to support the Spartan-III's on their mission. Luckily Earth had enough defences and was ready for the Covenant attack thanks to chief and his efforts in OPERATION: FIRST STRIKE. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

They may not put it in the game but since there is supposed to be a new live action Halo t.v. series directed by Steven Spielburg coming out soon they may be in that if they don't get put in the game. Then again with Chief/ John going rogue he just might bring them together and reunite them. Never know. 

True. It's possible to see some links in the Live Action T.V Series, unless it's based on different characters. Still possible though.

I personally doubt Chief would ever go rogue. Never. He is far too disciplined to do such a thing.

True. It's possible to see some links in the Live Action T.V Series, unless it's based on different characters. Still possible though.

I personally doubt Chief would ever go rogue. Never. He is far too disciplined to do such a thing.

Well 343 stated in an interview that he was going rogue, unless they change the story line before release I'm assuming they are going to put that in. It's not the first time he's ever disobeyed orders or gone against directive of the upper chain its not hard to assume he is capable of going off on his own.

Well 343 stated in an interview that he was going rogue, unless they change the story line before release I'm assuming they are going to put that in. It's not the first time he's ever disobeyed orders or gone against directive of the upper chain its not hard to assume he is capable of going off on his own.

I've never heard 343 state this before and Chief has only disobeyed orders once, and that was to Del Rio in a Halo 4 cutscene. Chief wouldn't go rogue. Please provide a link to your source. Thank you.

If they do, I hope they explain why other Spartan II's survived somewhere in the game. I felt like Halo 4 relied a bit too much on the books and people who have played all the previous games but haven't read any of them were probably really confused about who Didact was and why the Elites were attacking again.

If they do, I hope they explain why other Spartan II's survived somewhere in the game. I felt like Halo 4 relied a bit too much on the books and people who have played all the previous games but haven't read any of them were probably really confused about who Didact was and why the Elites were attacking again.

I haven't read any of the forerunner trilogy books but I did my research so I know a decent amount. I would recommend reading the Fall of Reach and First Strike to improve your knowledge on the Spartan-II's. :)

• 1 month later...

I highly doubt it. Chief has been able to handle allot up to this point, so it would seem pointless to include them as AI. There's a chance that maybe He meets up with 1 or 2 of the Spartan 2s, but I highly doubt the UNSC could justify having all of them in 1 place when they are more heavily needed elsewhere.

If I had to take a guess, I'd say that Chief gets The Arbiter, or Important Spartan IVs (Like Palmer or Thorne) as allies, or maybe occasionally during future campaigns.

I highly doubt it. Chief has been able to handle allot up to this point, so it would seem pointless to include them as AI. There's a chance that maybe He meets up with 1 or 2 of the Spartan 2s, but I highly doubt the UNSC could justify having all of them in 1 place when they are more heavily needed elsewhere.

If I had to take a guess, I'd say that Chief gets The Arbiter, or Important Spartan IVs (Like Palmer or Thorne) as allies, or maybe occasionally during future campaigns.

I understand what you mean. Like during Halo 2, not all Spartan-IIs were on Earth, only John 117. The others were spread out on Onyx. It's possible that there may be a huge battle that will require all Spartan-IIs so it's possible that we might be seeing some of them soon. :)

• Like 1